odd pop ups

Like he said. I can't see any earthly reason that Shawn or Graham would put X-rated pop-ups on their site, especially knowing that quite a few minors visit. And besides, I've never seen pop-up one on MW or the boards, and in fact, no ads of any kind. Do you download lots of free software from the Internet?

I have a problem whenever I log on to this site I get pop ups that are of adult content ...

Oh yeah. This only happens to members who put pics in their sigs and have Robotech avatars.

Sounds like you've got spyware to me. I've never gotten popups on MW. Get yourself one of the free programs like Adaware and clean 'em out.

Yup... I highly reccomend Spybot - Search and Destroy 1.3. It's free and it kills those pop up programs dead. If you use it and Adaware, you should be in the clear.

Sounds like you've got spyware to me. I've never gotten popups on MW. Get yourself one of the free programs like Adaware and clean 'em out.

Yup... I highly reccomend Spybot - Search and Destroy 1.3. It's free and it kills those pop up programs dead. If you use it and Adaware, you should be in the clear.

That thing doesn't work anymore... I think the guy quit writing updates so newer spyware still gets through.

If you know your stuff, try "Hijack This!" Run a search on google for it, if necessary.

If you don't I strongly suggest you show the generated file to someone who does. He/she should have no problem picking out the spyware.

Quick procedure that could probably help

- Update your firewall version if needed

- use Spybot remove spies AND immune

- update your anti virus if needed

After all that everything should be ok. If not check your os dlls for corrupted ones:

Windows 2k/xp: Start-> execute -> cmd -> sfc /scanonce reboot

Linux: i don't remember the command line :huh: so help yourself and rtfm :)

Spyware, gotta love it.

I'm currently using four spyware/adware blockers

Spybot

Ad-aware

Spywareblaster

Spywareguard

Spywareblaster is great for preventing spyware from downloading in the first place by blocking their ActiveX scripts. It also helps protect Mozilla/Firefox users as well as IE and Netscape.