PMX

Did anyone went to the PMX this past weekend? What did you think? I knew it was small, that's why I went, no more 3 hours lines and stuff (this maybe bad for the con. but good for us). The concerts were kickass if you're into the J-rock and J-pop stuff.

Since it was smal and slow for the dealer's, they dropped their prices. I found one dealer that has Alpha fighters and Cyclone riders. This is the point of my topic :p

Anyway, do you guys know if there are re-issue on these toys? or boot-leg releases recently? He was selling the Alpha for $50 and Cyclone rider for $70 with no tax. I was so afraid that it was a bootleg (the moment u open it, it falls apart), but it looks so legit! below are some screen shot of the one I picked up. Please let me know. He said he has a bunch of them too.

post-26-1086148659_thumb.jpg

Doh! I only picked up one :( I was afraid it was a bootleg ^^; I didn't even write down the dealer's name :( I know he sells lots of asian live action movies and he said that he will be at AX and will bring more of the Alphas. I didn't see any of the other colors, only blue. Now I'm regetting not picking up the cyclone rider :( It has all the metal joints ans stuff ans stiff like it was new ^^; all the clicking sound too when you rotate the arms and flipping the legs. I'll make sure I write his name down when I see him at AX and see if he has a website ^^;

Wow, I'd seriously pay $50 right now to get my hands one one of those, and that's digging into food money! Seriously man, you shoulda got the dealer's name and found out if they have a website!

As for hurting Toynami's MPC Alpha, I hope so only insomuch as making them rethink their rediculous prices. I'd pick up a Toynami Alpha if they were priced realistically.

Strange that this guy is selling them for $50.00 when he can probably get $100 + on ebay even for bootlegs of that quality. Maybe he is scared of getting caught or something. Who is going to anime expo BTW? If that dealer is confirmed there, I just might have to pay the anaheim convention center a visit. Better yet, one person can go in and buy the toys so we don't all have to pay admission :lol: .

Based on the photos it looks like the real deal, but if it's a re-issue or boot it'd be nice to get either way at that price.

'course if for literally years nobody knows what happens to molds, why pop up now if legit? I doubt beating the MPCs would be enough of a reason...

Cyc

hmm,nice :)

I would like to know where this goes. If it really is on the up and up, I would love to get a hold of one too.. :)