1/6 Pre-painted Misato from Hobby Fan

All I can say is...wow.

This statue is awesome, and for me is well worth the 90 bucks it cost. Especially for being painted so good, it could have commanded more. The color and detail are excellent, the sculpt is dead on perfect IMO, and it comes with a little cross necklace to put around her neck. This is EXACTLY the kind of Misato statue I have wanted for a long time.

It's gorgeous. I love it. I wouldn't mind a Plug Suit Rei and Asuka from these guys to go with it.

I'm tempted to pick up the pre-painted Lacus they have available, but she's over a hundred, so she's out of budget for the next few months before I can consider her.

Misato feels solid, and given her pose she is quite stablily balanced. I have not glued her to the base at this time. Don't know if I'm going to either. At first I thought the white base looked odd when I pulled it out of the box, but it works with this statue.

Recommended. I know I'll order from Hobby Fan again as well.

Before the Misato pics, I do have to show the surprising packaging on this thing. Very well done. Almost excessive. :)

post-26-1085201992_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Parts

post-26-1085202017_thumb.jpg

Assembled :)

post-26-1085202047_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

:)

post-26-1085202109_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

One more for you ecchi folk.

post-26-1085202450_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Damn, that last pic is HOT. Just look at dat nice ass.....baby got back.

Anubis. Does Hobbyfan prepaint their resins before shipment? OR do they already come colored (and sealed inside the plastic wrapper)?

Nice!

It's THIS one....right?

post-26-1085202336_thumb.jpg

group shot

post-26-1085202499_thumb.jpg

Damn, that last pic is HOT. Just look at dat nice ass.....baby got back.

Anubis. Does Hobbyfan prepaint their resins before shipment? OR do they already come colored (and sealed inside the plastic wrapper)?

Nice!

It's THIS one....right?

Yeah, this is the one. Hobby Fan's version at least.

There are some kits from hobby fan that you can order pre-painted. A lot of them are hentai statues, but there are also a lot of regular ones too. link

Some other garage kits have an option for them to assemble and paint it for you.

They seem to do quite good work over there. Very reasonable pricing too for resin kits.

I'm tempted to buy this Lacus statue too some time in the summer if they don't run out of them.

post-26-1085202959_thumb.jpg

As of yesterday they did still have them in stock if anyone else wanted one.

That Lacus (BTW, I thought it was supposed to be LUX, as in the Latin word for Light) but I might be wrong.

Anyway, that fig would be really cool if they could find a way to have all the HARO's hovering around her like they always were.

Fansubs dubbed it as Lux before the official spellings came out , which was Lacus. Gundam Seed has very weird romanised names like, Ssigh, Athrun (Asuran/Asulan) , Cagali (Kagari) etc.

Not an Evangelion fan, nothing to add as well but to annouce to the world this - Anubis, you rock! You might also wanna learn to focus. That pic looked as though either you're shinning a powahful followspot on her, or she is glowing on her own. :D

Not an Evangelion fan, nothing to add as well but to annouce to the world this - Anubis, you rock! You might also wanna learn to focus. That pic looked as though either you're shinning a powahful followspot on her, or she is glowing on her own. :D

Blame the flash. If I don't do the flash the glare goes, but the image is too dark and fuzzy, that the flash looks better.

I need a camera with a real zoom. Next tie I'll try it with the digital zoom (all my camera has :( ) and see how it works that way. It's the close range flash that gets in the way.

That Lacus (BTW, I thought it was supposed to be LUX, as in the Latin word for Light) but I might be wrong.

Anyway, that fig would be really cool if they could find a way to have all the HARO's hovering around her like they always were.

Fansubs dubbed it as Lux before the official spellings came out , which was Lacus. Gundam Seed has very weird romanised names like, Ssigh, Athrun (Asuran/Asulan) , Cagali (Kagari) etc.

Yeah, Seed had some serious Engrish involved from whoever came up with the name spellings.

I think this resin looks pretty bad ass.....it'd be perfect if they ONLY got Motoko's proportion's correct. :p

Anubis - Is there a limit to which statues come prepainted? :blink:

post-26-1085397230.jpg

I think this resin looks pretty bad ass.....it'd be perfect if they ONLY got Motoko's proportion's correct.  :p

Anubis - Is there a limit to which statues come prepainted?  :blink:

Yeah, there's a pre-painted section on the Hobby Fan site, and then some other model kits have an option to have them complete it for you for 50-60 bucks or so in the item's page. There's no list of those though to my knowledge. Just some kits have that option.

Also, I really dislike those MM kits. All of them. They don't look...right. Too excessive. I have seen some good GitS kits in the past though.

Edited by Anubis