Wired Magazine's NextFest, I was there on Sat.

Though there were many companies there that were attemtping to solve the world's problems, the REAL hit of the show was this thing:

The BushPig:

Janeke_lge.jpgJason_lge.jpgShane_lge.jpgRoxy_lge.jpgShane2_lge.jpg

Their site is www.wheelmanworld.com

I want one of these things so bad. Basicly you go 20 MPH only 3 inches off of the ground, and it handles like a surfboard. The VP let me play with it while I was there.

I was there on Saturday also, around 4:00. Barely got in as they were cutting off ticket sales.

The Bushpig was indeed the coolest thing there. Must. Have. One. Now! The rep. alleges that it will cost around $200. I soooo wanted to try one!

My friends and I watched the kids demo-ing it outside and were tempted to grab one of the pigs on display and make a run for it!!

I also talked to the rep. manning the pseudo-hybrid truck for quite a while. Interesting info, but the guy went on and on for an eternity. A cool idea though. Basically its a normal V8 truck, but with some electric components and an engine off/on while driving so as to make it 10-15% more efficient, for around the same price as normal.

Inside was packed and mostly somewhat of a letdown. There was a woman demo-ing her artificial arm/hand, which looked utterly convincing. My friend asked what the crushing power was on it and she said it could be ratcheted up quite a bit and

was stronger than a human hand...HULK HANDS!

The guy demo-ing the inviso-cloak was a laugh riot. I had to get a picture of that. (The inviso-cloak is like wearing a greenscreen when filmed, so you appear like the Predator on film).

The flying car was there, and looked to be 20 years old (which it probably was).

The crowds were ridiculous and to be honest, there wasn't a great deal of stuff there that seemed all that impressive, but then again, I only spent about an hour on the show floor.

That looks so cool, you'd die if you fell while riding on the street but when the ambulance comes to pick you up they could at least say what you were riding looked cool. What's the thing that they're holding in their hands used for?

I was there on Saturday also, around 4:00. Barely got in as they were cutting off ticket sales.

The Bushpig was indeed the coolest thing there. Must. Have. One. Now! The rep. alleges that it will cost around $200. I soooo wanted to try one!

No the show wasn't worth it really...

$200 ??????? Are you sure? These things are $1500 in Australia. I would expect them to be $900 here.

That's what the rep. said anyway. Perhaps that's what their "target" pricepoint is if/when they go into mass production in the U.S.

I saw the enormous price later as well and was equally confused.

No way would I pay more than $200 for it.

Doesn't look like it would be too hard to ride. Not any tougher than snowboarding. Looks like fun but I wonder how easy it is for your feet to come out when you want to stop and put a foot down. Also I wonder if they will make a goofy-footed one for all us lefties.

Doesn't look like it would be too hard to ride. Not any tougher than snowboarding. Looks like fun but I wonder how easy it is for your feet to come out when you want to stop and put a foot down. Also I wonder if they will make a goofy-footed one for all us lefties.

I am goofy-footed so I asked, they said you just reverse the front wheel, they showed me how to do it, it only took 30 seconds.