Any news on the VF-2S ?

Omegablue

I remember about over a year ago Graham said there could have been the possibility of the VF-2S from Macross II by Yamato... Any one knowing if this will be... ???

Been ages since I've seen that Valk mentioned here...

Nothing about a VF-2SS out of Yamato. No such toy yet. Just the VF-0, VB-6, and YF-19 FP slated right now outside of VF-1 stuff.

Edited by Anubis

I would say the odds are very, very small. If it does become a reality, it will not be any time soon. Yamato still has to do the Mac0 valks and the new Mac+ valks as well as the other stuff they announced.

Who's got the license? I kinda wish Bandai would do it in a big enough volume that they could have price lower than Yamato could manage.

But realistically a VF-2SS (much less a Metal Siren) would be in low volume. Ah well.

I would buy a squardron of VF-2SS and Metal Sirens. But Bandai won't put PG grade or near Yamato grade Valkyries out since the market is so small and their focus is on Gundam. But as everyone here has said,

NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

Someone get cracking on those 1/48 Macross II Valkyries and Marduks Enemy Mechs!

Edited by Neova

I love the VF-2 and am saddened that the only variable kit out for it is that hidious 1/100 bandai with the booster equipment, and the only way to get a regular one is to nab that super rare resin conversion kit. Yamato has too many other VF's they could make, and with such a limited audience for the VF-2, chances of seeing one made ever are really, really, really, slim.

Edited by GobotFool

Yep, very, very slim possibility of ever seeing a VF-2SS toy from Yamato. I think there is almost no interest in Macross II mecha in Japan.

If all the legal nonsense regarding overseas licensing rights was ever cleared up, there may be a slightly higher possibility that one could be made with the US market in mind, but I wouldn't bet money on it.

Graham

to quote TLC:

(and now it's time for a breakdown!)"nevah gonna get it, nevah gonna get it..... nevah gonna get it, nevah gonna get it..... nevah gonna get it, nevah gonna get it... nevah gonna get it (whoah whoah whoah whoah!)......"

to quote TLC:

(and now it's time for a breakdown!)"nevah gonna get it, nevah gonna get it..... nevah gonna get it, nevah gonna get it..... nevah gonna get it, nevah gonna get it... nevah gonna get it (whoah whoah whoah whoah!)......"

that's En Vogue! not TLC!

to quote TLC:

En Vogue man!!! get your early 90's bands straight!!! :p

I would buy a squardron of VF-2SS and Metal Sirens.

Me too! Bandai did reissue the model kit and it kept selling out at HLJ and they did not have to put it on sale. Even many members here got multiple kits. That should show Bandai and Yamato that there is some interest. Maybe do a MW exculsive. Well yeah I dreaming. :rolleyes: