E3 Thread

Ladic

DAMN EXO!  I thought you said you posted a lot of pictures of the hot girls there.  all I see are games...*sigh*

FF12 was pretty cool...so was world of warcraft...nothing else really interested me.  maybe that cowboy bebop game, but didn't get to play it so dont' know how it went.

that portable PS looks pretty sick too.  nice graphics for a portable...but gotta see about the price.

thanks Solscud for hookin it up with tix today.

lazy mofo... <_<

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...opic=7983&st=50

:lol: there they be! but that's not even the tip of the iceburg...you didn't get those girls in the boxing ring? and the dukes of hazzard girls. :rolleyes:

They had video games there??? :huh:

DSC01739.JPG:wub:

What the hell was Tera Patrick promoting? I met her back in 2001 at the AVN convention.....sweet gal. :lol:

She was there for Eidos's Backdoor.... er... backyard wrestling... she did a couple of "unpostable" poses.

D, I got pics of the those girls... but they were a bit shaky, can you blame me??? lol!

The old consoles ruled... I thought i was happy playing with the new games but I was never so content as I was when I started playing Jumpman on the Commodore 64!

I know exactly what you mean Exo... They had the Orginal 8bit NES System there... I was playing Mega Man 2 and Im like... okay 13 year old Flash Backs again.... The Nintendo I was playing was in really good condition... Im gonna have to remember and ask who donated these systems for the Con.... I didnt have to blow on the cartridge or swab it with rubbing alchol to make it work... :D

I met Vin Desiel today that was Sweet... I already mentioned Joss Wheoden.... and when I was just walking around I ran into Will I Am of the Black Eyed Peas.. (The Youngish looking Lead singer... I didnt see Furgie the Hottie in the group though :angry:) Somone also said Steven Speilburg was there But I didnt see him

There is a Voice actor hired ny Nintendo for its Mario Games... he does the voices of Mario, Luigi, Warrio and Baby Mario... he was there.... promoting the Nintendo DS.... They had some for Hands On Display The Metroid Game was TIGHT!!!..

Im gonna go back tomorow and just concentrate on Gaming Free Crap be damed... Except for my City of Heros T-Shirt

Courtesy of the Magicbox.

Size comparison of the PSP to a standard PS/PS2 dualshock controller and the PSP in various colour schemes and various PSP accessories.

Well, not exactly on the topic here, but does anyone know anything about a new PS3? Like when will they be releasing it?? Cause I'm planning on buying a PS2 soon, then I've heard something about a new one coming.. and ponder about which one to get... THX

L,

Sony only started hiring programmers to code their PS1 and 2 emulator for the PS3 less than a year ago, so the console is far from being ready for roll out. Sony is only dropping the price of the PS2 to $149.99 so as not to be the most expensive console on the market. Don't worry, go ahead and buy a PS2. It will last you a few years before the PS3 comes out.

BTW, if you are thinking about putting a mod chip in it, don't. Due to a class action lawsuit, Sony has settled and are now offering free repairs on any PS2 that has the infamous Disc Read Error problem. This offer is good regardless of your PS2's warranty status (if you bought yours upon launch you can still get it repaired if you're only experiencing DRE problems now) but they do not repair modified PS2s.

Sony only started hiring programmers to code their PS1 and 2 emulator for the PS3 less than a year ago, so the console is far from being ready for roll out. Sony is only dropping the price of the PS2 to $149.99 so as not to be the most expensive console on the market. Don't worry, go ahead and buy a PS2. It will last you a few years before the PS3 comes out.

BTW, if you are thinking about putting a mod chip in it, don't. Due to a class action lawsuit, Sony has settled and are now offering free repairs on any PS2 that has the infamous Disc Read Error problem. This offer is good regardless of your PS2's warranty status (if you bought yours upon launch you can still get it repaired if you're only experiencing DRE problems now) but they do not repair modified PS2s.

Jollly,Does the new PS2 (in the market now) have the problem fix? Cause I was planning on buying a HK PS2 (with mod, new) and usually they are pretty good at it..(I got my mod box from my last trip).. cause their selection of games just blow the competition away .. and my box is dusting up quit a bit..

THX

L,

What's this error you're talking about?

imo, both Nintendo DS and PSP's graphics look great for handhelds... would be fun to play multiplayer with games like GT4 Mobile, Twisted Metal, and Armored Core... I think they're both good, I'f like to see more games for these 2 platforms, hehe maybe a mobile Macross game?

1752.JPG

Girl on right: "Bleh. What were we thinking? Look at all these pencil necked geeks."

Girl on left: "Shut up and just act pretty."

:lol:

whoa...the chick on the left looks WAY too much like britney spears :blink::huh:

BTW...i vote PSP!! :p

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

Having been an avid gaming fan, I have to say that I am more excited about the stuff that was shown at this years E3 than I have been for the past 3 or 4 years. I am particularly excited about the PSP and Nintendo DS.

I hope more news about all those great games is forthcoming.

Twich

• 2 weeks later...

Jollly,Does the new PS2 (in the market now) have the problem fix? Cause I was planning on buying a HK PS2 (with mod, new) and usually they are pretty good at it..(I got my mod box from my last trip).. cause their selection of games just blow the competition away .. and my box is dusting up quit a bit..

THX

L,

The dreaded DRE (disc read error) is a widely known problem that plagues a lot of PS2s out on the market and appears to afflict all models regardless of their age. Some had it right out of box while some took years to exhibit problems. Some refuses to read any discs while some were more tolerant and will work with most formats but have problem with a specific format, be it PS1 CD, PS2 CD, or DVD. You should see a message on the screen that says "Disc Read Error" if your PS2 has this problem. Sometimes it won't display this message and your disc will work but the unit will make an ugly noise while doing so.

A class action lawsuit filed against Sony in North America was settled out of court and Sony set up a toll-free number for any and all PS2 owners experiencing the DRE problem to get theirs repaired free of charge. However, Sony does not extend this offer to modified PS2s and I suspect models purchased from a different region.

People thinking about installing a mod chip might want to just go ahead and buy a Japanese PS2 instead. That way if your US PS2 craps out, you can at least get it fixed for free. If you get a modded unit, you're SOL if it dies on you because Sony will refuse to repair it.

The link I posted didn't work so here's the full text (sorry for the length):

Edited by Dangard Ace

I think we should make a poll about which one do you prefer/buy NDS or PSP.

Well at the moment, the PSP has the edge over the NDS for me.

The downside to the PSP is that it's definitely going to be a lot more expansive. But considering how much more it can do... games, music and movies. Plus as a personal preference, I think the PSP itself just looks way too damn cool, something straight out of some sci-fi futuristic movie... while the NDS looks like a brick that was teleported from the 80's.

But the seller for me is the PSP's line-up of games... some of my favourite franchises are there... including GT4 Mobile and Metal Gear Acid... both of which just looks way too cool to pass up. Then there's NHL 2005 (I'm Canadian so I love hockey as expected), FIFA 2005 and Square's announcement of FFVII: AC's release on the PSP is just icing on the cake.

Also, from the Magicbox...

"Hideo Kojima said he does not have plans to release a Nintendo DS version of Metal Gear Solid or Metal Gear Acid."

But both systems have some neat capabilities such as Bluetooth and wireless support... I am wondering if both will be able to use wireless internet... which would be very sweet indeed.

DS versus the PSP? Kind of early to start something like that. Off the bat, I'd say I'm probably going to just hold onto my GBA for the time being, but I'd be willing to give either system a chance.

However, the PSP is supposedly starting betweem $300 and $399, no thanks. $199 seems a bit steep to my shallow pockets, but it's closer to reality. Plus, we don't know just how long the battery life of the PSP is. The GameGear was undoubtedly a more advanced system than the original Gameboy, but one of the reasons it failed was that the bettery life was so short. One of the reasons I love my GBA so much is I can go weeks without charging it, even when putting in several hours of use a day.

I'm not about to plunk down $300-400 for a system that may only last a couple hours before it needs either new batteries or recharging.

In addition, I don't believe that 3D games are intrinsically better than 2D games, and I think the GBA has gotten more great games than any of the major consoles over the past few years. The PS2 has trailed the Gamecube in high quality games that appeal to me, while the GBA and the Cube have consistenly had new titles released that fit my tastes wonderfully.

(I should point out at this point that I am not saying Sony has a poor gaming library, it is simply does not have a lot of titles that have impressed me personally.)

Given all this, and what I've heard about either system from E3, the PSP will mostly be a wonderful system, priced well out of what I'd be willing to pay for it, and it probably won't have very many games that I will see as 'must have' titles. The Nintendo DS will be priced rather steeply compared the GBA and the SP's launch prices, and will most likely have a few interesting titles that will pique my interest, but I must admit what they've shown so far has not dazzled. Prime Hunters looks good, but if you look and shoot with the stylus, that means your hand is in front of the screen while you're trying to play. That doesn't sound like good design to me at all. If Nintendo puts out a decent number of gems for the DS, I'll consider it. Sony will have to produce considerably more great games to get me even thinking about a PSP, and I don't think they have it in them.

Exo do you work in the Video Game industry ? I do... :lol:

Damn ! How did I manage not to see Tera Patrick ? :angry: . That's me in Paradise :p

Sorry for the size but the bigger the better :rolleyes:

post-26-1085509005_thumb.jpg