The ONE thread for next Macross Ideas

wolfx

Crap, since this is all about hypothetics:

I bloody want to see what happened to the Megaroad 1 dammit!

It's a mystery waiting to be cashed,..erhhhhrrrr solved!!!

so, there, I said it! and whoever disagrees can shampoo my....

:D

Hmmm...i think they have the next ideas all planned out...

Macross: One Year War

Basically it is about the how some of the space colony fleets declared independence and fought a war with UN Spacy. As all the combats units are all in space, it was a one sided war until the start of Project V, in which one of the prototype VF-78 was hijacked by a kid and turns the tide of war thereafter..

Macross: The 8th VF Team

About a group of VF fighting in Southeast Asia during the One Year War.

Macross 2080:War in a Pocket

Basically a OVA about now a young rebel pilot befriends a kid and how he fought a battle with a new variation of VF-78, the NT. The beauty and brutalty of war through the eyes of a innocent child.

Macross 2083: Stardust Memory

It is 2083 and the rebellion of the space colonists was quelled...or is it? Renmants of the Space colonist rebels gathered and stolen one of the nuke equiped VF. Can the test pilot of the new valkyrie VF 78 GP01 stop their sinister plans?

Macross Zeta

After the incident of 2083, the UN Spacy formed the "Protectors", whose hard handed methods of suppressing space colonists triggered a rebellion with a new organization, the AUNSG. A young teenager was caught in the cross fire and had to fight for the survival of his friends and his own life. With mysterious forces from Jupiter colonies, can he succeed?

Macross Double Zeta

In additonal to the original cast of Macross Zeta, a group of young kids will meet the new threats from the reorganized Space Colonists Rebels. Their adventures taught them and everyone else the meaningless of bloody conflict in the name of misguided freedom.

Macross: Quezmin's counterattack

The megalomanic Zentran leader is back as a clone, whose charmistic charms will lead the masses to fall a meteor for the ulitmate destruction of Earth. Can the UN Spacy stop him?

Macross VF-91

After the defeat of the Space Colonist Rebels, the power vaccum in space is filled by a fleet of powerful space pirates, leaded by a cybornetic Zentran. A teenager's space colony is attacked. Can he stop the invasion and save his friends?

Macross Victory

The battle between the Space Colonists and UN Spacy Earth Government continues as the Colonists organized themselves as a new force. A group of militia is formed to stop this bloody campaign of Earth conquest. With their mass produced VFs, can they succeed?

:p:p:p

Redcomet forgot G-Macross. Where Valkyrie pilots from around the galaxy converge on a planet to fight it out with their heavily customised valkyries. :lol:

Redcomet forgot G-Macross. Where Valkyrie pilots from around the galaxy converge on a planet to fight it out with their heavily customised valkyries. :lol:

Yeah I want to see the dog Valkyrie and the centaur valk...

you know... a G-Macross might have some promise if it was done right.....

All the valkyrie variants would have to be variants on pre-exsisting valkyrie models (none of the stupidly gay-tacular variants seen in G-gundam though... just wicked-tricked out high-end Valkyries)

If you added the "corrupt faction of UN spacy" element, you know... supplying certain pilots with illegal, super-powerful hardware and mix in the conspiracy factor... it would be rather cookie-cutter, but by my low standards I'd probably find it entertaining.

Actualy i have to agree with skull leader, id love to see tricked out valks compeating. Id love to see an SDP-1 Going up against the likes of a Modified VF-1S Doubble Strike, or for you melee freaks an Uber Rau fighting hand to hand with a 19, and ohh imagine the new paint jobs

Oh oh oh i almost forgot the Meltrandi "Round Card" Girl in a Bikini :ph34r:

If you were big froating head, how will the next Macross series be like? For one, it must have music in it. It also must have valkyries. Other than these 2 requirements, everything else seems to be free-for-all.

hmm.

Human-vs-Zentraedi (TV)= done.

Human-vs-Artificial Intelligence (Plus) = done.

Human-vs-Protodevlin (7) = done.

Human-vs-Human (Zero) = not finished, yet.

The only plot-line that has yet to be covered in Macross is the Human-vs-Supervision-Army stuff.

I like to see that after Zero. Kawamori can tweak the timeline again by placing it either after Plus or after 7.

No, MII-fans. Marduk != Supervision Army. :p:p:p

The Protodevlin started the supervision army, so when humans were fighting humans and micronized Zjentohlauedy on Varuta (I think thats where it was) that in effect WAS the supervision army.

The supervision army was made up of Protoculture, Zjentohlauedy, and other beings that were under mind control by the Protodevlin.

If you were big froating head, how will the next Macross series be like? For one, it must have music in it. It also must have valkyries. Other than these 2 requirements, everything else seems to be free-for-all.

hmm.

Human-vs-Zentraedi (TV)= done.

Human-vs-Artificial Intelligence (Plus) = done.

Human-vs-Protodevlin (7) = done.

Human-vs-Human (Zero) = not finished, yet.

The only plot-line that has yet to be covered in Macross is the Human-vs-Supervision-Army stuff.

I like to see that after Zero. Kawamori can tweak the timeline again by placing it either after Plus or after 7.

No, MII-fans. Marduk != Supervision Army. :p:p:p

The Protodevlin started the supervision army, so when humans were fighting humans and micronized Zjentohlauedy on Varuta (I think thats where it was) that in effect WAS the supervision army.

The supervision army was made up of Protoculture, Zjentohlauedy, and other beings that were under mind control by the Protodevlin.

Of course. That was M7, tho. And we all know how you love M7. :lol:

The SA i'm talking about should be the ones being chased by the Zentraedi in Macross-TV prior to outbreak of Space-War 1 and that SA should specifically be unlike the Varuta-army, which were directly controlled by the Protodevlins in M7.

IDEA:

Premise - As Exodol and Bretai discussed at the end of both SDF-M and DYRL the existence of other fleets of the Zjentohlauedy and Meltohlauedy...

Action - A special Zjentohlauedy covert opperations team is assembled to infiltrate these other fleets and "contaminate" them with culture (similar to what the 3 spies did in SDF-M) , and once the controlling elements are won over they reveal themselves as representitives of the UN Spacy and propose they join the UN Spacy... The plot could follow the internal struggles of the Zjentohlauedy as they are intorduced back into their fighting element, and even through conflicts with other races and even with the UN Spacy before they are won over.

I think it could work for an OVA or maybe a sub plot of another show.

Actualy i have to agree with skull leader, id love to see tricked out valks compeating. Id love to see an SDP-1 Going up against the likes of a Modified VF-1S Doubble Strike, or for you melee freaks an Uber Rau fighting hand to hand with a 19, and ohh imagine the new paint jobs

Oh oh oh i almost forgot the Meltrandi "Round Card" Girl in a Bikini :ph34r:

Actualy I wouldn't mind seeing something like that, have it like some underground arena in some remote colony world. Definately something illegal but so many UN officials are involved that no one does anything about it. Have everyone and anyone compete in it, prisoners, social outcasts, people needing money, people just looking for fame, VF aces who want a little more money, hell maybe even have one of the Jenius girls compete every now and then.

I'm inagining a match beween a full armor VF-1 and VF-11 with mech sized chainsaws...

Then I'm pictureing two Zentrans in full armor fighting hand to hand and one guy doing the Stone Cold Stunner on the other...

All this in view of a cheering crowd.

I dunno about an idea for a series but I had an idea for a cool plot turn in a 60 year post-Macross series, where in some large battle with a new deadly enemy the Macross forces come across a space hulk, a drifting wreck of the SDF with Hikaru entombed in a converted mech, sort of like a dreadnaught in Warhammer 40K, the pilot is technically a corpse kept alive on life support by the machine.

Anyhow, they gas him up and the Hikaru, some heavily armored and modified VF just goes ballistic and turns the tide in a fight.

So some new enemy has confronted the human race ominous overtones, this derelict UNSpacy craft is found with a barely recognizable. heavily armored and modified VF inside that they don't understand but put the techs to work on. Then a major battle insues some time later and out of nowhere this ultra bad-ass retrofitted armored VF comes out and owns the enemy in the fight, turning the tide of the battle, and they cut back to the scientist/mechanics who explain that it appears that the VF is the final resting place of Admiral Hunter who when dying was entombed in a "Dreadnought" so that his last memory would be that of defending the people of earth.

Then some cataclysmic battle happened, the crew was destroyed, he was disabled in the battle and left on life support in the hold for decades. Now he is a little insane, a complete combat monster and ready to whip alien ass :)

Or something like that :)

Edit~

OK there we go, after re-reading and thinking, here is my idea for a future series.

60 or so years after Macross takes place, a derilict craft of earthen origin is located drifting toward the earth system.

The ship is towed back to orbit for further examination, inside the craft they find signs of battle and carnage, no survivors and very limited records. They also find a heavily damaged, and very modified VF, which is sealed in armor and strangely is still showing a very minor power reading and a very faint life form inside.

After accessing the limited records in the craft they are able to ascertain the the craft is the SDF3 (Or some long lost ship from Hikaru's fleet, maybe better that it be an obscure craft that doesn't cue the audience to the VF pilot.)

Through scanning they also determine that the heavily armored VF contains the shrivelled and broken body of a human being, he is on a minimal life support and appears to be brain dead. SO the scientists continue to work on this mystery for a couple episodes.

Next they find in the data recorders images of the new enemy, although they are badly deteriorated and hardly recognizable. now insert some new enemy bent on colonization of habittable worlds enslaving carbon based life forms, killing everything in their path, eatting planets like gum balls, whatever, a report by the outter defenses that a strage ship has been spotted scanning the earth and in come the baddies.

Then after one major ass kicking by the enemy a large battle ensues, and the UN forces are being owned, out of nowhere a heavily modified and craily armored VF comes out of nowhere and destroys the bad guy lead fighter in a hail of death. Through the VF monitors is projected a CG image of the face of a crazed and aged looking Hikaru screaming insanely as he single handed ly turns the tide of the fight.

After the battle they find out some history from Hikaru, but he is not quite sane but completely lovable, so they can't quite get the whole picture of what happened out there out of him.

Add some plot about Misa or the children being kidnapped by the alien race, have Misa's baby or children have been converted and be fighting with the enemy against the humans so that Hikaru can die a herioc death taking a bullet that one of his kids fired.

Yeah, I could go on for a couple years :) You get the idea. I like the idea of a crazy grizzled hikaru coming back from the grave to go berserk, that would rock.

Edited by Ghadrack

I think anything during the Protoculture era would be fantastic. Their usage of music, mecha, and it would be/could be so deep, it would almost rival Star Wars in size and plot. Just so long as there's no stupid aliens running around yelling, "Miza sooo hungry", or stupid lines like that.

That whole story could answer just about every single question and tie up every Macross series out. :D

Macross 40,000.

Funky idea....alternate universe Macross.

A teenage girl...( yes...groan all you want, its either the girl or another angsty boy) finds an ancient buried Valkyrie (cannon fodder to make it interesting) which still works like a charm. (Them nuke reactors last forever eh?)

All of a sudden, as if triggered by the Valkyrie's activation, a buncha alien mecha invade earth and try to get their hands on the valk. The girl fights and easily wins the battle....despite her not knowing what she was doing. The alien mecha run on energy and only have a limited amount of time compared to valk's unlimited energy so it usually outruns them or just pwnz them.

The valk has ran out of ammo for its weapons, but it still has its Pinpoint barrier....get ready for this folks.....sword. lol:

*hears jeers from the background*

Later through the story, she and her pals find a secret valkyrie weapons cache. She loads up and pwnz aliens ass. It is later discovered that the aliens area actually cross bred zentraedi/human mutations. Their cross-breeding caused some weird mutations changing them into ghastly forms. With the ruination of the previous zentraedi/human race, lost was also its nuclear technology, thus why they want the crummy cannon-fodder turned hero.

Oh the girl btw is on some formerly UN colonised planet but no records were kept. She looks human but she has a tail. :ph34r: So do the rest of the ppl on the planet.

I think anything during the Protoculture era would be fantastic. Their usage of music, mecha, and it would be/could be so deep, it would almost rival Star Wars in size and plot. Just so long as there's no stupid aliens running around yelling, "Miza sooo hungry", or stupid lines like that.

That whole story could answer just about every single question and tie up every Macross series out. :D

Several Zentraedi characters could make a sort of cameo, where we see the original beings people like Millia, Britai, Exedol, etc were cloned from.

I would like to see the next OVQ serieas be about the people that lived in the SDF-1 it would follow a young group like teenagers and see how they delt with the events of what was going on. they would not be heros, they woul not fly in any VF's just plain ok kids. Like 90210 but Macross style