Is there a better way to display your collection..

I was gonna name S_I_T_H_L_O_R_D's display solution as one of my favorites...

However, I think there is one collection that takes the cake. A while back, one of th emembers here showed off the custom room he had built to dosplay his collection, with custom built cases, and a wall mounted display for his gun / airsoft collection.

I remember that one. Dude had so many guns, I almost called the FBI on his ass.

I also remember one guy having a nice case full of 3 of the same TFs in robot, alt, and boxed. Forgot who had that nice case though :rolleyes:

Actually, I prefer glass display cases. Open shelves = dust magnets.

Graham

Totally agree....and I have lack of space to put glass cabinets on.....drat!

And the gold-framed pictures of gundams are a tad freaky if you ask me.....

Gotta go with glass.

My limited shelf space now is dust magnet enough. Cleaning all those shelves, and Air dusting all those figures and models would be a pain in the ass.

i just have open shelves at the moment but i have an air purifier which constantly blows the air around and a ionic breeze to gather and collect a majority of the dust. it works pretty well for the most part but glass cabinets are too heavy....i live in a 6 floor walkup. :(

the real problem is finding shelves that are deep enough. most shelving units average around 18" in depth while i want something along the lines of 24"+

i think CID had a nice collection with glass display cabinets?

the real problem is finding shelves that are deep enough. most shelving units average around 18" in depth while i want something along the lines of 24"+

Very true. As I can't afford anymore space in my smallish apartment, I could only spec 12" deep shelves... I wanted 18" at least but the interior designer desuaded me. I just make do with what I have, now. Check out my link below... :-)

I'm gonna go with Graham on the Display Cases suggestion.

ditto on that. I am looking for cases since some of my toys are gathering dust.

Me too. No luck so far. I'll visit one of the IKEA stores in my neck of the woods to see if they have one of those glass cases/cabinets.

Me too. No luck so far. I'll visit one of the IKEA stores in my neck of the woods to see if they have one of those glass cases/cabinets.

They don't have any huge cases from what I've seen. I found one that was nice, but I'll have to get two to suit my needs. Even then something is going outside.

Maybe I'll hunt for a nice commercial cabinet. I want to find a balance between capacity, and being able to safely move the thing if I need to. So I may stick with the Ikea one I found. Get 3 someday if need be. Can't get any cases until I move again though. No space for anything else.

They don't have any huge cases from what I've seen. I found one that was nice, but I'll have to get two to suit my needs. Even then something is going outside.

Maybe I'll hunt for a nice commercial cabinet. I want to find a balance between capacity, and being able to safely move the thing if I need to. So I may stick with the Ikea one I found. Get 3 someday if need be. Can't get any cases until I move again though. No space for anything else.

Same dilema here too!

the real problem is finding shelves that are deep enough.  most shelving units average around 18" in depth while i want something along the lines of 24"+

Very true. As I can't afford anymore space in my smallish apartment, I could only spec 12" deep shelves... I wanted 18" at least but the interior designer desuaded me. I just make do with what I have, now. Check out my link below... :-)

nice dispalys man....must've cost you a small fortune for those.

me, i spent a whopping $250 for my shelves seen here(the pics are old)....

CLICK ME

though my love for SW lego got the good shelves. :p

i had my macross stuff there for a while but it loked out of place surrounded by lego.

*added*

i see you still refuse to buy a 1/48. i was like you once, but now i've turned to the darkside. :ph34r:

Edited by haterist

That's a crazy clone and droid army you got there haterist. Cool!

Can't tell if its clones or stormtroopers....but I agree. It looks cool when all of them are lined up like that.

PS: And excuse my ignorance... but what are air ionisers supposed to do? I have one and all I know is its supposed to "purify the air".

Edited by wolfx

All of my toys and models are imprisoned under milk crates. Except my Perfect Grade MkII, who is standing in the center with his legs crossed in an uncomfortable manner. The others are reaching longingly through the bars of their milk-crate prisons, wishing they too could have the freedom the MkII has, not knowing that I won't let the MkII go to the bathroom.

All of my toys and models are imprisoned under milk crates. Except my Perfect Grade MkII, who is standing in the center with his legs crossed in an uncomfortable manner. The others are reaching longingly through the bars of their milk-crate prisons, wishing they too could have the freedom the MkII has, not knowing that I won't let the MkII go to the bathroom.

And here I thought I was the only one that did that... :blink:

thanks for the comps guys. :)

yes i'm the sithlord of lego....though i trade places with the MW sithlord any day of the week. :p

its actually clonies and stormies, though its hard to tell in the pic. stormies ROCK! and clonies are just cool. B)) its taken me 3 years to amass what i have now, and....I MUST HAVE MORE! :D

wolfx,

the air purifier/hepa filter blows the air around constantly, basically keeping all the dust and particles moving around as well as sucking in what in can into its filter. the ionic breeze catches alot of the dust and debris and it collects on the collection rod. i change the filter for the AP once in a blue moon, and the IB i whip off every once in a while....

i didn't get either with the intention of keeping my toys dust free, it just happen to work out that way. the air purifier i got for free and the ionic breeze i got because i live in NYC and the air here is f-ed up....who would've thunk it! :blink:

wolfx,

the air purifier/hepa filter blows the air around constantly, basically keeping all the dust and particles moving around as well as sucking in what in can into its filter. the ionic breeze catches alot of the dust and debris and it collects on the collection rod. i change the filter for the AP once in a blue moon, and the IB i whip off every once in a while....

i didn't get either with the intention of keeping my toys dust free, it just happen to work out that way. the air purifier i got for free and the ionic breeze i got because i live in NYC and the air here is f-ed up....who would've thunk it! :blink:

Now i'm confused. I'm not even sure which one I have now.It says AIR IONISER on it....and its a very small black box which blows air out....supposedly ionised air. It doesn't have any removable filter which I can see that can be removed.

But anyway, I reckon your ionic breeze and purifier actually keeps the toys dust free?

the real problem is finding shelves that are deep enough.  most shelving units average around 18" in depth while i want something along the lines of 24"+

nice dispalys man....must've cost you a small fortune for those.

me, i spent a whopping $250 for my shelves seen here(the pics are old)....

CLICK ME

though my love for SW lego got the good shelves. :p

i had my macross stuff there for a while but it loked out of place surrounded by lego.

Not too shabby yourself! I can tell you're having fun from the effort gone into arranging your pieces. :-)

i see you still refuse to buy a 1/48.  i was like you once, but now i've turned to the darkside.  :ph34r:

Ya, that's something I believe strongly about. Yamato IS improving and I'm still in the market for well designed, well made Macross toys, but NO, no 1/48s for me, ever. :-P