1/100 Koenig Monster confirmed (Dengeki Hobby)

Shaggydog

Pardon my possible ignorance but if the Koenig appearred in VF-X2 and hence Yamato can produce it.  Can Yamato then produce any mech appearring in that game. I read long ago that the Macross 7 license was still being held by Bandai but we've already seen a game color VF-19 and now the Koenig Monster.  Could this be a loop hole to produce others like the Nightmare or VF-22?

Having already two VF-X2 toys made by Yamato is certainly a sign that they´re willing to expand on that license and just skip (for the meantime) M7.

So it´s very possible we´ll see more VF-X2 toys in the next year or 2. Or so I hope :lol:

I´m just praying for a VF-5000 or a FA VF-11

Thanks for the clarification Aegis! VF-X2 toy line in the near future besides from the VF-19 and the VB-6, I HOPE SO. ;)

along with the destroid line that imode caught onto on the japanese BBS a couple months back tiying in with the VF0 also being 1/100, I feel thjat yamato is trying to make a cheap line to satisfy all of us NOT limited to macross 0! maybe this line is for the designs noone thought anyone would EVER make in this day and age, cheap to make and hey almsot all of us can afford plus keeping everything in one scale. I am guessing if one does well enough, it will make it into a bigger scale later on.

so what could this mean? more stuff in 1/100 scale lke VF-4, VF-3000, anything from m3., stampeed valk, stuff like that. I think this line is for the stuff that is relatively obscure compared to the VF-1

along with the destroid line that imode caught onto on the japanese BBS a couple months back tiying in with the VF0 also being 1/100, I feel thjat yamato is trying to make a cheap line to satisfy all of us NOT limited to macross 0! maybe this line is for the designs noone thought anyone would EVER make in this day and age, cheap to make and hey almsot all of us can afford plus keeping everything in one scale. I am guessing if one does well enough, it will make it into a bigger scale later on.

so what could this mean? more stuff in 1/100 scale lke VF-4, VF-3000, anything from m3., stampeed valk, stuff like that. I think this line is for the stuff that is relatively obscure compared to the VF-1

Kind of like Bandai's HGUC line, for any alll UC designs including the obscure and stange ones, detailed yet affordable.

Seriously though, whatever scale the rest of the valk like is made in, all that matters is that they are made, personally. 1/72, 1/100, I don't care. Hopefully this is just the beginning, as I stated earlier. I wouldn't rule out 1/72, but I won't speculate much on what scales they may be tempted ot use until more valks start coming. IMO the VB-6 is 1/100 for an easily justifiable reason, to keep it the same price point as a VF-1 w/ fast packs.

Something unexpected like the VB-6 can only be a good sign, anything new is good, and many hearts skipped a beatI'm sure when they saw these pics first. Though I cannot stress the need enough for the YF-19 to make an appearance. Then all will be right with the world.

See , another example of how people get confused about scales.

Shin , 1/100 does not always mean CHEAP or SMALL ; actually the 1/100 Koenig would be BIGGER or just as tall as a 1/48 VF-1 , this also means it will be just as expensive or maybe more and maybe even more detailed.

If you had a 1/48 scale car and next to it you put a 1/100 scale Jumbo Jet which would be bigger ? it would seem by looking at the numbers that the 1/48 car would be bigger cause it´s 1/48 and the 1/48 VF-1 is big but it WON´T BE BIGGER .

why ? cause a real car is proportioanlly smaller than a real Jumbo jet and even at a bigger scale as 1/48 the car will be smaller cause their real life sizes are different.

Same applies to the Koenig and VF-1 , the Koenig is ENORMOUS and the VF-1 is smaller so even if it´s 1/100 it doesn´t mean it will be small.

If they decided to Go 1/48 scale with the Koenig it wouldn´t be the same size as the 1/48 VF-1 just cause they share the same scale , the Koenig will be much beigger hence they went with a smaller scale to make it reasonably tall.

A question for those who like the VB-6 and are planning to get one...

Is anybody besides me a bit nervous about this thing already? I'm all for it - I think it's great that Yamato is releasing a large size new transformable mecha that probably would never be released otherwise...

But all that said... new designs mean new factory problems. Even the 1/48, which is my highest mark for Yamato's design and engineering had some issues that they fixed up on later releases.

Now we all know that a toy of this size will most likely be at least $150. And we don't seem to be getting as many advance reviews from Graham these days. As much as I'm psyched about this toy... I think at this point, I'd probably wait and see what a few of our members had to say about it before I ordered one.

I want to be totally thrilled and have no reservations... but spending that kinda of money on an untested design makes me a bit spooked.

Just curious if anyone else was thinking the same thing, I guess.

Is anybody besides me a bit nervous about this thing already?  I'm all for it - I think it's great that Yamato is releasing a large size new transformable mecha that probably would never be released otherwise...

But all that said... new designs mean new factory problems.  Even the 1/48, which is my highest mark for Yamato's design and engineering had some issues that they fixed up on later releases.

Now we all know that a toy of this size will most likely be at least $150.  And we don't seem to be getting as many advance reviews from Graham these days.  As much as I'm psyched about this toy... I think at this point, I'd probably wait and see what a few of our members had to say about it before I ordered one.

I want to be totally thrilled and have no reservations... but spending that kinda of money on an untested design makes me a bit spooked.

Lemme 'splain... no too long... lemme sum up...

So when you get something that big for the first time you usually get nervous?

:p

Sorry boss... I had to take it...

Edited by >EXO<

Is anybody besides me a bit nervous about this thing already? I'm all for it - I think it's great that Yamato is releasing a large size new transformable mecha that probably would never be released otherwise...

But all that said... new designs mean new factory problems. Even the 1/48, which is my highest mark for Yamato's design and engineering had some issues that they fixed up on later releases.

Now we all know that a toy of this size will most likely be at least $150. And we don't seem to be getting as many advance reviews from Graham these days. As much as I'm psyched about this toy... I think at this point, I'd probably wait and see what a few of our members had to say about it before I ordered one.

Nowadays, yes. Since my last purchase will be the Rei figure. Until then, hopefully they release the YF-19 FP. Out of topic, btw thanks for your advice on the spidey figure. I got it last weekend and I must say, it was well worth my money.

Honestly, I am a bit concerned about it.

Considering the QA problems than many initial first runs had, I may wait until a later run to buy the Monster. It took Yamato one or two toolings to solve some issues in their first releases.

This is a first run on an untested design. There is bound to be some issues with it.

Considering the QA problems than many initial first runs had, I may wait until a later run to buy the Monster. It took Yamato one or two toolings to solve some issues in their first releases.

This is a first run on an untested design. There is bound to be some issues with it.

I couldn't agree with you more!

Lemme 'splain... no o long... lemme sum up...

So when you get something that big for the first time you usually get nervous?

:p

Sorry boss... I had to take it...

:lol:

It's not the size that intimdates me... just their lack of experience. If I spend enough for a big one... I want an expert behind it. :blink::unsure::p:lol:

BTW - glad you dig the Spidey fig, AF. I'm still nutso over mine.

There are always "issues" with new ambitious projects, BT Smokescreenfor example had nasty paint chippings and balance problems but I dpon't regret getting a first run model.

As longh as there are no catastrophic mistakes/problems i.e. the legs fall off putting holes in your floor while they're at it then I'm fine with it.

Someone always has to take the first plunge :D

Fort Max

It's not the size that intimdates me... just their lack of experience.  If I spend enough for a big one... I want an expert behind it.  :blink:  :unsure:  :p  :lol:
Like Valkyrie?
BTW - glad you dig the Spidey fig, AF.  I'm still nutso over mine.
Me too. I wonder what it'll be for Spiderman 3?

same thing was said about the q-rau, and so far i don't have any problems with it....though i'm sure their are many here who beg to differ.

i guess i'll end up being one of their testing dummies.... :lol:

Well, it isn't like every issued toy will be defective, but there is bound to be some issues. Some may be even serious, who knows. From experience, we have seen that Yamato has relatively poor first run QA. They eventually fix the problem in most cases with the later release of the same product. My example is the backpack on the VF-1A being so loose. The -1S featured a much tighter backpack that wasn't as prone to tipping over.

I don't think this changes the fact that we are getting a really cool toy. (if it is released) Many of us will buy it, it's just a question of restraint until we know if the toy is "solid" or not.

Well, guys, think about it.....this is being sculpted by the guy who did the IHP 1/100 resin transformable Koenig...so in essense, you do have a test run of the sculpt. I know that it is not the same, but it should be similar enough that it really will not be that different. I think that most of us will agree that the IHP kit is top notch.

Now as far as factory defects or QC problems....I think that Yamato has come a long way from the YF-19 debacle. So I do think that they do have a lot of experience. Let us keep a positive note and not a negative one...we dont want to start basing a toy before we even see it.

Larry

uh aegis

i meant cheap and small in terms of OTHER 1/100 items specifically valkyries.  NOWHERE in my sentence did i sy the koenig ould be cheap! good god man your gonna rant on me for that?

mmmm...actually ,in terms of OTHER 1/100 items it will be extremely big and expensive , specially in contrast with the 1/100 VF-0.

Well, guys, think about it.....this is being sculpted by the guy who did the IHP 1/100 resin transformable Koenig...so in essense, you do have a test run of the sculpt. I know that it is not the same, but it should be similar enough that it really will not be that different. I think that most of us will agree that the IHP kit is top notch.

Now as far as factory defects or QC problems....I think that Yamato has come a long way from the YF-19 debacle. So I do think that they do have a lot of experience. Let us keep a positive note and not a negative one...we dont want to start basing a toy before we even see it.

Larry

I see qhere you´re coming from.

You´re right , I see no reason why Yamato should add QC problems to this toy´s production when they already have a model to work on , and that model was almost perfect so the toy was born with some degree of advantage.

But even if the design is top-notch in itself that doesn´t guarantee every toy will be perfect in the production line , let´s just hope those little elfs working on Yamato´s evil underground HQ actually spot the defective toys in time. ;):lol:

Edited by Aegis!

I find your lacks of faith disturbing.

Considering the QA problems than many initial first runs had, I may wait until a later run to buy the Monster.  It took Yamato one or two toolings to solve some issues in their first releases.

This is a first run on an untested design.  There is bound to be some issues with it.

same thing was said about the q-rau, and so far i don't have any problems with it....though i'm sure their are many here who beg to differ.

i guess i'll end up being one of their testing dummies.... :lol:

Using the Q-rau as a comparison for QC is a very poor choice. The Q-rau does not transform, has less posability, and has an overall simpler design compared to Yamato's VF line. You might as well be comparing a 1/72 Hasegawa to a 1/72 Bandai transformable VF-1 kit, there's just no comparison.

That said, the Monster will probably have it's small share of QC problems, but I highly doubt there will be be any dealbreakers like the VF-11B's fragile hips.

I hope Yamato has learned about materials after the hip fiasco of the VF-11B and also about articulations after the all of the VF series.

It would be sad to have a monster that transforms but the pieces are not tight and fit nicely when transformed. It would be too sad if the monster drop dead after a while...

ok let me rephrase. I did not say the koenig would be small. I meant the potential valkyries in 1/.100 would be small and affordable compared to other yamato proeduycts....its common sense the koenig would be huge. look at it. valks to destroids in scale are small.

back on topic. i hope next month we see robot moe pictures. this is a cool looking toy.

back on topic. i hope next month we see robot moe pictures. this is a cool looking toy.

From the looks of it, I'd say that they are going to tease it out with prototype Destroid pictures next month then Battroid the month after that and then maybe some colour pictures followed by sketchy release details. :p

Fort Max

Using the Q-rau as a comparison for QC is a very poor choice.  The Q-rau does not transform, has less posability, and has an overall simpler design compared to Yamato's VF line.  You might as well be comparing a 1/72 Hasegawa to a 1/72 Bandai transformable VF-1 kit, there's just no comparison.

That said, the Monster will probably have it's small share of QC problems, but I highly doubt there will be be any dealbreakers like the VF-11B's fragile hips.

fair enough....i hear what you're saying. i was comparing the 2 based on the fact they are both brand new products(non VF) produced by yamato. i still feel a lot of work went into the q-rau in itself but it certainly doesn't TF. :)

*added*

your avatar...its that from "the romp"? the cartooning looks like one of jakes buddies from that site.

Edited by haterist

I'll wait for the FAST PACK version!!! :p

You sir, are fired.

ok let me rephrase. I did not say the koenig would be small. I meant the potential valkyries in 1/.100 would be small and affordable compared to other yamato proeduycts....its common sense the koenig would be huge. look at it. valks to destroids in scale are small.

In that case I agree with you , 1/100 scale valks like the VF-5000 or the Vf-4 will be a bit small on that scale , but just as with the VF-0 , other valks like the VF-14 or VF-22 will be all right , then again , we already know Yamato chose 1/100 as their base/mass produccion line , so a bigger scale line could be expected too , hopefully.

ok let me rephrase. I did not say the koenig would be small. I meant the potential valkyries in 1/.100 would be small and affordable compared to other yamato proeduycts....its common sense the koenig would be huge.  look at it.  valks to destroids in scale are small. 

back on topic.  i hope next month we see robot moe pictures.  this is a cool looking toy.

In that case I agree with you , 1/100 scale valks like the VF-5000 or the Vf-4 will be a bit small on that scale , but just as with the VF-0 , other valks like the VF-14 or VF-22 will be all right , then again , we already know Yamato chose 1/100 as their base/mass produccion line , so a bigger scale line could be expected too , hopefully.

Uhhh... no we don't. All we know is that that Yamato chose 1/100 for two products - the Macross Zero VF-0S and the VB-6 Koenig.

Personally, I think Yamato only chooses scales based upon making a toy the size they want for the price point they want. They wanted a small VF-0 valkyrie... so they chose 1/100. They wanted a big transformable Koenig, 1/100.

Let the scale thing go... measure your toys in inches like a real man. :lol: