Official Gundam Plamodel Thread

Anyone know where I can find the track piece similar to those on Guntank but in metal?

I could repair those by drilling holes on each and every one and connecting using thin brass pin but I rather use something more durable and won't break again... :(

I got those from a shop long time ago and can't remember who was the manufacturer - I know HJ online shop used to carry something similar...

got a quick Q.. is there any lineart out there for a desert paint scheme Kampher? I'm making an MG at the moment in this theme. I rember a guy who made one that looked awesome but I can't for the life of me find the website.

well it's been a while so I might as well post some of my kits - old and new... heh (yep shameless self advertising at the finest)

375501[/snapback]

Really like what you've done with your F2 Zaku, dj898. I just got mine but I'm afraid to paint it (the normal green colors are just so pretty :p ).

The basic build was done by my friend who built that Zaku II F2 Custom but I modified it fair a bit though.

As you can see he's more into clean finish whereas I do fair bit of shading. Still must say it looks good with extended legs, arms and I put magnet to attach the shield - so it won't scratch the paint plus decaling... :confused7vi: I will see whether he saved the WIP pictures...

ok. 'nuff talk from me.

here are what you all wanted, pictures.

The last picture is taken with my Gundam Kai to show its height which is taller than stanard MG Gundam...:shy0hz:

pic1

pic2

pic3

pic4

and here's service shot! :winks2ft:

action pose

He freaked out when he found out this photo... :em01:

But since he asked me to make the base well I need to test its mobility to come up with some idea... :redface7be:

Edited by dj898

hey guys sort of an off topic question.

I have built several gunpla kits in the past, but have never used the stickers becaus as you know they are crap. However the kit I am working on now has some markings that only came as stickers that I want to use. Is there any way to get the stickers to look good on the model? (I don't really feel like spending the money on decal paper and bonder so any help would be great)

Edited by Father Jack

I have built several gunpla kits in the past, but have never used the stickers becaus as you know they are crap.  However the kit I am working on now has some markings that only came as stickers that I want to use.  Is there any way to get the stickers to look good on the model?  (I don't really feel like spending the money on decal paper and bonder so any help would be great)

378651[/snapback]

You can cut/trim the clear part of the Sticker. example if it's a Triangle then you cut out all the clear part that on the out side of it and all it's left is the Triangle itself. If you are going to paint then applying an extra top clear coat on top should help.

I have built several gunpla kits in the past, but have never used the stickers becaus as you know they are crap.  However the kit I am working on now has some markings that only came as stickers that I want to use.  Is there any way to get the stickers to look good on the model?  (I don't really feel like spending the money on decal paper and bonder so any help would be great)

378651[/snapback]

You can cut/trim the clear part of the Sticker. example if it's a Triangle then you cut out all the clear part that on the out side of it and all it's left is the Triangle itself. If you are going to paint then applying an extra top clear coat on top should help.

378708[/snapback]

hmmm... maybe I'll give that a try. I'll do a test with a junk sticker first though. Thanks for the help.

Edited by Father Jack

I was out of my usual metal colour and all I had were gold/titanium gold so I thought why not...

besides it was meant for a mate of mine who like his car decorated shiny gold plated pieces... :p Thought it perfectly shuited him... till his son dropped it... :(

I was out of my usual metal colour and all I had were gold/titanium gold so I thought why not...

besides it was meant for a mate of mine who like his car decorated shiny gold plated pieces... :p Thought it perfectly shuited him... till his son dropped it... :(

379624[/snapback]

Bling Bling Sazabi. :lol:

Here's the parts of Zeta Plus C1 after I've done quick air brushing and top coat.

this kit was built when I had most of my tools stored away and couln't be bothered to buy another set of tools and what not so you can see I haven't fixed any seam lines... which I dislike a lot... O_x

I ran out of flat top coat so used glossy top coat that I have a spare - too shiny for my taste but don't want to do another top coat when I get the matt finish though...

more than likely I will assemble it and put it aside... :p

if I'm going to build another one or Zeta Plus A1 I will be doing some modification and probably make it into fixed MS with VmSWr eliminated for better posability

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/5505/p10600353rn.jpg

Edited by dj898

after done few PG RX-78 kits always feel sorry for this little guy...

so took few moment to paint it - hardest part being painting Amuro figure. had to use those magnifying glass thingy while painting and bit of help from mates... :p

pic 1

pic 2

pic 3

sorry for the seams and all as it wasn't properly finished - I just grab one I snap together and put painting without primer...

and here is comparison shots of two One Year War version - one finished in clean and another in MAX style shading.

two OYW

looking at them side by side this does look like good comparison between MAX style shading and clean non shading finish...

the clean one's I modified and painted for a mate of mine who wants his MS clean and shiny like just rolled off the production line. For me I like mine heavy in shadow as it gives the model depth and more 3D - not too mention it looks like it's been out on field for some time when I add the weathering... :p

Edited by dj898

the problem with OYW version is there are way too many panel lines and doing MAX style shading isn't easy... resulting not covering enough space with spot white highlight hence darker over all tone...

it's easier on ver. 1.5 or ver. Ka since those don't have so much panel lines...

the problem with OYW version is there are way too many panel lines and doing MAX style shading isn't easy... resulting not covering enough space with spot white highlight hence darker over all tone...

it's easier on ver. 1.5 or ver. Ka since those don't have so much panel lines...

380725[/snapback]

But after being done all those panel lines look like they are really worth it :D

actually 1/144 is not bad i have the normal aktuskui and it is very nice. in fact of all the HGUC seed models it is the best.

chris