Official Gundam Plamodel Thread

yea the beam sabers are included i just do not like the way they look, that looks like the PG GP-01 on top of the speaker.

chris

All right. Here's my second RX-79G finished. This one's alot better. The weathering is much more subtle, the damage is more believeable and tamed down, and I got a set of MG decals to spruce it up with and I love it. Notice how it compares to the way over weathered first one I did....

post-2015-1137126006_thumb.jpg

post-2015-1137126032_thumb.jpg

post-2015-1137126227_thumb.jpg

Edited by promethuem5

The complete review of the V2.0 Z is finally up at Dalong

Really nice. Now I kick myself for getting the MKII V2.0 instead of waiting for this beauty (picked the still good looking HGUC Z but...). Sure gives the PG a run for its money, at least in the looks department.

Really nice. Now I kick myself for getting the MKII V2.0 instead of waiting for this beauty (picked the still good looking HGUC Z but...). Sure gives the PG a run for its money, at least in the looks department.

360293[/snapback]

Well, now you can go get a Zeta 2.0 and complete the pair.

had quick session of prime the armours and quick reassembly of zaku after primer...

time to pull out air brush tomorrow provided the weather is fine.

and I switched the base to bigger one - thanks IKEA - to give more room for the railway track behind the bridge...

p10508298jw.th.jpg

p10508317ee.th.jpg

Bigbadtoystore has a lot of gunpla with 40% off.

Just a headsup..

360557[/snapback]

Man-o-man... thanks for the heads up on this, I just bought two 1/144 METEOR/Freedom kits! :D

360591[/snapback]

Yeah, I bought quite a few kits too like MG MK-II 2.0 and MG freedom, etc..

A lot of them are sold out, so hurry!

[ok time for yet another small progress update]

I wasn't happy with the diorama base - it was too blend and had no characteristics of Gundam universe...

So after bit of researching - i.e. watching few OVA DVD :p - I came up with another layout idea.

here's rough drawing of the new base - sorry for messy drawing. I was in hurry :p

p10508428xb.th.jpg

and here's the initial arrangement before I glue things down.

p10508413we.th.jpg

:lol::lol: nice avatar jwinges but i do not know if you noticed your title where it says "no animated avatars" that is not a joke the Administration does not want animated avatars anymore that is why he is pulling them down left and right. you might want to pull it before you get suspended.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

[another small update]

just finished painting zaku II...

here's a shot w/o flash...

http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/5296/p10508432lv.jpg

and here's the one with auto flash+auto white balance ???

http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/7858/p10508479bb.jpg

weathering and chipping to come later... 8)

p.s. second picture will show what can go wrong with digicam without the custom setting. It was at mid night last night and I wasn't in the mood to setup the custom setting again for another shot...

just done with initial painting of RX-78-0... :p

bit of bugger to paint as I almost spilt the bottle over the model... heh

stripping and minor deatil painting followed by weathering and chipping...

p10508502xk.th.jpg

p10508518pf.th.jpg

p10508576cm.th.jpg

Edited by dj898

RX-78-0 shold be interesting to see.

On a completely unrelated note, I bought Gundam Battle Tactics for my PSP, I saw alot of good reviews for it compared to the Giren game for the DC that got re-released for the PSP....

But I couldn't pass GBT cause its got the white dingo GM and a few other mobile suits I loved in the UC universe.

RX-78-0 shold be interesting to see.

On a completely unrelated note, I bought Gundam Battle Tactics for my PSP, I saw alot of good reviews for it compared to the Giren game for the DC that got re-released for the PSP....

But I couldn't pass GBT cause its got the white dingo GM and a few other mobile suits I loved in the UC universe.

362102[/snapback]

Yeah I got Gundam Battle Tactics too, great game. Don't know how far I am in the game, but I have Alex, Blue Destiny, and some others... I haven't played through the Zion campaign yet... Also playing Armored Core Formula Front Intl for more robot action...

This is off topic, but I'll throw my impression.

It is now only released in Japan for PSP, I have finished all fed mode missions. My impression was not that great as on later missions, there are a lot of slow down. Particularly the mission where 3 Dom were trying to get me at once, the slowdown caused the control become extremely unresponsive.

I still think OneYearWar for PS2 from Namco is the best Gundam game. I guess I like to do the aiming myself instead of just a simple autolock function. As for seed Gundam game, fed vs Zaft is the best, period.

Edited by ychanus

well I would guess slow down for a heavy free movement mecha could would be obvious espically for Gundam...but sadly I can't play OYW cause I don't want to mod myPS2 nor do I have enough money to buy a modded PS2.....sooooooooooooooooooooo Battle Tactics for my PSP is good enough for me.

I'll just sit around playing Guilty Gear XX on my PSP, I love it.

You should just get a used Jap PS2 as a lot of people are dumpping their Big ps2 for the slim version.

Also, you can get OYW PS2 for like $12.90 from play-asia.com, it is a steal..

If you like seed, you must play Fed vs Zaft Seed PS2 as it is awesome. Just getting a chance to pilot freedom Gundam and perform a full power shot will make you feel really good.

well I would guess slow down for a heavy free movement mecha could would be obvious espically for Gundam...but sadly I can't play OYW cause I don't want to mod myPS2 nor do I have enough money to buy a modded PS2.....sooooooooooooooooooooo Battle Tactics for my PSP is good enough for me.

I'll just sit around playing Guilty Gear XX on my PSP, I love it.

362168[/snapback]

I decided I wasn't gonna paint my MKII 2.0 for a few simple reasons, 1) Not enough paint, I barely have enough for the Aile Grasper. and 2) The colors just look phenomenal as they are.

I got the feet done and I was pretty much just going "WOW" :o the amount of time it took me to do this was alot longer then the original...I can remember how long it took me to do the certain things on some model kits, and since the MKII is one of my favorite suits, I remember alot of the time I spent on that, and it wasn't much.

But with this it took me a good hour to finish both the feet cause there are so many parts. 22 parts to finish off 1 foot. So I completed 44 pieces of the kit that's just amazing.

The Ailegrasper is coming out nice. I finished off alot of the color, leaving some areas alone though. Like the "Camel Yellow" parts, I don't have the color and I didn't know I was gonna need it. I think yellow would be to bright, and orange would be too dark and I don't have enough orange paint left to finish the job.

But the Black, Gunmetal, and Bright Red, Blue and Gray Violet on the parts are coming out FANTASTIC thus far. I should have most of the painting process completed tonight before I go to bed....gotta hit the sack earlier then usual. I start my new job at 8 AM monday.

i wish i still had a Hobbytown over here, we used to have 2 of them but they both closed down years ago, it is where i used to pick up my old gundam and macross kits.

chris