Official Gundam Plamodel Thread

Yes but it's pretty small.  The Neue Ziel Model Kit 1/550 Scale.

http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/ban907719.html

if you get that then you must get the one below too

http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/ban903908.html

356544[/snapback]

C'mon! Don't lie to the lad. He actually has four kits to get- The two you've posted, as well as:

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN906043

and

http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/ban76373.html

Since the first MG kit I've ever done (Zeta-Plus A-1 Test Type), I've always purchased and made the corresponding SD kit. It's fun!!!*

*and it works on your wife, because she cannot deny you the cool mecha action if you also supply the cute mecha action. Trust me.

Wow..I'm pretty annoyed. I was decalling my RX-79G and when I took the dry-transfer sheet off of the waxpaper sheet, like half of the decals were stuck to the wax paper, rendering most of the dry transfer sheet ruined. I hope it's not this bad on the second 79G, which I haven't opened yet. I'll get pics up of my 79G this week hopefully... it's another roughed up one but I tried to make it a bit more subtle and with more streaking and scorching...

EDIT: And I managed to gum up the thumb ball joint on this one too.... how do you guys manage those could of pieces... I masked the joint for most of the painting and yet it's still somehow screwed up.

Edited by promethuem5

I use dry brushing so you don't get the joints to gum up...

ue multiple layer to get the desired colour - I did for the moving piston section as well and they are ok though I will need to add bit more of chrome silver on top of metallic grey... :x

believe I saw someone mentioned about these on automobile modelling forum somewhere but while I was at the local fabric/craft sho with missus I came across these...

now if I don't mistaken these look like excellent substitute for braided line for 1/100 scale Gundam kits...

also bought some metallic bead for experimenting...

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/9611/p10507971ym.jpg

these were fairly cheap and if you buy 'em in bulk you even get the discount...

I finished my MG Ball ver. Ka. There's lots of detail in this kit for such a simple machine. I like how it came out. I gave it Light Gunmetal, and painted the White parts Metallic Blue instead. The gunmetal makes it look low-vis metal.

post-514-1136361492_thumb.jpgpost-514-1136361506_thumb.jpg

As for the GM, I had to declare that one a loss. I turned out I already had a new can each of Pearl White and Metallic Red so I decided to go with original colors.

Unfortunately, the Pearl White did not coat the minty green nearly as well as I had hoped. The green still showed up at the seams and really didn't look good. My can ran out earlier than expected too. To fix it I eother had to 1: get more white cans and hope it worked ok with more coats or 2: strip the white off and buy different cans to give it a custom scheme. Both involved much more work than I wanted to invest in that kit. So I shall write it off as a $15 loss. Instead I went ahead and ordered a Fix RX-78/GM and that will work just fine.

Edited by Anubis

quick update.

here's the inner frame for RX-78 ver 1.5 :p

it's metallic grey on gun metal which is on the flat black with mix of silver base... and top'd with copper+fluorescent red/pink mix dry brushing...

it's lot darker but the camera flash make them washed out though

p10508073gd.th.jpg

Edited by dj898

Hi again guys,

Anyone got the HGUC Dendrobium? Dalong.net has some pretty impressive pictures of it... I'm already getting the 1/550 EX mechanics set, but the HGUC looks like a pretty damn impressive centerpiece for a collection.... while a bit large for stoarge, it sure looks nice.

Hi again guys,

Anyone got the HGUC Dendrobium?  Dalong.net has some pretty impressive pictures of it... I'm already getting the 1/550 EX mechanics set, but the HGUC looks like a pretty damn impressive centerpiece for a collection.... while a bit large for stoarge, it sure looks nice.

357814[/snapback]

It's f'enormous. Plus it'll cost something like $2XX+. But if you have the patience and the space, I say go for it.

I highly recomend it it is a awesome piece and the details are quite good for it. I was almost forced to sell mine but thankfully i did not :)

den2.jpg

That 1/144 is such a magnificant piece of work, true eye candy for the Gundam fan..........I would own one if I had the chance, I really would. So expensive yet worth it if you put alot of effort into its construction.

Hi, Zero-Mare.... could you post up a pic of that next to an MG kit for scale?  And you don't have the 1/550 EX mechanics ones two for comparison, do you?  I'm tryin to figure out how big the EX one is so I can prepare enough space :lol:

357892[/snapback]

hi yea i will post it in a little bit, buy the way the HG 1/550 is small just to let you know. the HGUC 1/144 has far better detail and is a definete attention grabber.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

yea the Coreworks one looks nice, it has been out for alittle bit it cost around $130.00, sadly it has already sold out, so it may be alittle bit before they restock it again.

chris

Can you guys tell me the difference b/w the 2 1/100 seed series of models. The master grade one's are usually around $40-50. but there is another 1/100 scale series that runs around $29. Is the second series any good?

Also are the 1/60 kits any good (not the perfect grade ones)?

Sorry but I'm too lazy to read the previous 100 pages in this thread. Funny thing is that my wife says to me the other day...how about we get some gundams and build them :blink:

I damn near fell out of my chair.

Can you guys tell me the difference b/w the 2 1/100 seed series of models.  The master grade one's are usually around $40-50.  but there is another 1/100 scale series that runs around $29.  Is the second series any good?

Also are the 1/60 kits any good (not the perfect grade ones)?

Difference? Detail. MGs have more details and have a lovely internal (semi-internal) frame. The HG 1/100s are easier to build, not as detailed and good for a novice builder. The HG 1/60s are okay. More complex (larger, more parts), a few more details than the HG 1/100s but not that much. It also has a few more gimmicks like light-up parts but not as complex as a MG. It a few notches lower than a MG only due to size and more parts than your standard HG 1/100.

Funny thing is that my wife says to me the other day...how about we get some gundams and build them  :blink:

I damn near fell out of my chair.

358766[/snapback]

mmmkay.....

I highly recomend it it is a awesome piece and the details are quite good for it. I was almost forced to sell mine but thankfully i did not :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/zeomare/den2.jpg

357841[/snapback]

WOW!!! :ph34r:

photo.gif

Man if I had the money to spare I'd but that thing in a heartbeat. :lol:

Anyway, the model really rocks!!!!! B)) Now all you need is the Gerbara Tetra/GP04 stuck on the Orchis's gun barrel. ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/zeomare/den2.jpg

357841[/snapback]

WOW!!! :ph34r:

photo.gif

Man if I had the money to spare I'd but that thing in a heartbeat. :lol:

Anyway, the model really rocks!!!!! B)) Now all you need is the Gerbara Tetra/GP04 stuck on the Orchis's gun barrel. ;)

358804[/snapback]

thanks i should maybe get a gerbera after all for that :p

Hey everyone, happy belated chrsitmas and new years.

Oh god that ginormous Derbonium looks sweet, how long did it take for you to construct that? i must have!!

Eeryones models are looking awsome.

Promethuem5's 08th MS looks cool, nice work on the weathering and damage; and dj898's diorama is looking preety sweet too.

Maybe i'll post some pics of my recently finished MG Sazabi and HG Advanced Hazel.

mark

hate to double post but this is a whole new thing with pics.... These are some WIP shots of my second RX-78G with a much subtler weathering and much better damage and more greeblies. I used a bunch of the extra vents and tow-holds and added some rivets. I am really really happy with it so far.

post-2015-1136952631_thumb.jpg

post-2015-1136952642_thumb.jpg

post-2015-1136952653_thumb.jpg

post-2015-1136952664_thumb.jpg

pic

359163[/snapback]

photo.gif

Hmm, this one also needs a Gerbara Tetra/GP04 stuck on gun barrel. ;)

Anyways i did'nt see the beam sabers mounted on the bottom of th orchis. :unsure: Are they included in this set?

BTW, what's that on top of the Yamaha speakers? :huh:

Edited by grss1982