Official Gundam Plamodel Thread

I'm not sure if that or the usual Japanese toy "chogokin" pot metal was used for the MMMs.

I beleive the metal used in the stike MMM is zinc.

Die cast, or Zinc Alloy. It is the ONLY matherial the toys companies use.

Maybe there are other alloys but they are just Zinc alloy with some little bit of something else.

I think NOBODY could really beleive the Turn A Gundam was actually Titanium Alloy... Was just Diecast with two grains of titanium maybe.

if you mean the Arch enemy it does have a very light touch shading of gray. It's so little you wouldn't notice it much because the toys is white grayish. But it's not as detail as the Zero Custom or the Tallgeese

Hummmm I have the Tallgeese and it is a really cool toy. Very very well done for such cheap price. But the other releases of Arch enemies (RX 78 and the Gelgoog) where a BIG let down on the line. I mean, they where supper crappy compared with the Tallgesee.

I hope this Strike is really woth it, not just a scaled up MSIA.

EDIT: on a second tought I guess you cant complain for USD 6... can you?

Edited by Sebastian

I recieved a RX-79 (G) Ground Gundam last Christmas. I really regret not building it right away. It's a very fine kit (even for an aging MG kit) the frame and everything is very well done...I actually like the fact Bandai used cups and balls for the shoulders...very good posseibility over all...very nice master grade B))

I bet Druna Skass wants me to break it so he could cabinalize it :lol:

I recieved a RX-79 (G) Ground Gundam last Christmas. I really regret not building it right away. It's a very fine kit (even for an aging MG kit) the frame and everything is very well done...I actually like the fact Bandai used cups and balls for the shoulders...very good posseibility over all...very nice master grade B))

I bet Druna Skass wants me to break it so he could cabinalize it :lol:

I wonder how Buster would look with his legs, head and fore arms...

I recieved my 1/60 Impulse in the mail lastnight...I thought it was going to be the most incredible lil work of art I'd ever seen.....guess I'll have to wait till the PG kit comes(?)

The box I think it just a bit smaller than the 1/60 HG Strike, which sorta caught me off guard, I opened the box and I found out just how hard this was going to really be.

Originally I wasn't going to be painting it except around the vernier vents...but as I went through the instructions and was just shocked at seeing how this could have been a GLORIUS kit and got shot down and beaten with a club.

The Core fighter's cockpit is a clear green plastic, and lacking in paint detail....wings are all white instead of a mixture of blue/white/yellow...I probably wont deal with it...I'm not in the mood anymore too paint.

The shoulder mechanics are really part of the shoulder armor itself...its not mechanics than armor pieces covering it...sucks...

Same with the skirt and legs...not much mechanics at all except the torso...that's pretty much all internal parts and I did a wonderful job in painting the hydrolic pipes and such.

The head also has something interesting...you have two choices on the decals for the eyes...either the traditional decals or you'll have the black outline where you place it on the eye plastic and it'll still have the original color mold just with a black outline around it. Once you finish the head and put it near some light the eyes will glow...It sorta reminds me back in the days of the T2 endoskeleton toy where if you shined light on the top of the head the eyes would glow...I think I still got those toys...

I'll be putting together most of the upper body and maybe the core fighter tonight...but I got to spend alot more time on my computer so I can take it in to get worked on tomorrow....

post-26-1107449091.jpg

yea it has been out for a while it looks like they are reissuing him again he is quite big to if i recall.

chris

Even comes with a core booster huh... snif

so in theory you could re enact Sledger Law's suicide run right...snif

From just after ::Sob:: Mirai ::snif:: says she love him.

Oh danny boy the pipes the pipes are call~ing...

I can't recall the last time some pieces of plastic have invoked such emotion. :lol:

the quality of the design and poseability , the MG kit looks superior in everyway to the HG 1/100 kit. i had both the HG sucks big time compared to the MG the MG is also far more poseable and just has better detailing. comparing those 2 is no different than comparing the two 1/100 freedom gundams on the market (HG, and MG)

i hope that is what you were wondering

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

the quality of the design and poseability , the MG kit looks superior in everyway to the HG 1/100 kit. i had both the HG sucks big time compared to the MG the MG is also far more poseable and just has better detailing. comparing those 2 is no different than comparing the two 1/100 freedom gundams on the market (HG, and MG)

i hope that is what you were wondering

chris

Got any pics for comparison?

unfortunally no i sold my HG version when i got my MG versions but trust me there is major differences between the 2, if you are going to get any get the MG version you will not regret it.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

I just about finished my Impulse....however I broke this lil hook that I would be placing one of the Tail fins too connecto to the main body and main left wing...I'm trying to glue it back but its lookin pretty dismil at this moment...:(

HOWEVER! I was pleasently surprised how well the upper and lower body stay together with that Core Splender in the middle. At first I freaked out cause it kept falling apart. It was then I looked at the instructions more closely and realized I forgot 3 pieces :p stupid me.

After I placed in 2 PC parts and a support base on the mid section, I tried it again.

:p <<<<<<did an impression of the two sections coming together with the core splender....I was that bored at the time.

Anyways its holding together VERY nicely, and I did a rather okay job on the paint job to give extra detail. However it just pisses me off about the Force pack having a broken hook for the tail fin :angry:

i have seen that site some nice kits, i kind of like the orange GP-01 and his Wing Zero and Huckebein.

chris

Will the HG 1/60 Strike Gundam's Strike packs fit on the PG?

i do not know if this has been answered , but i saw a site (which for some reason i can no longer find) where a guy had the 1/60 HG Strike weapons hooked to the PG 1/60 Strike, so i guess there is a way to do it.

Edit: added this , i was just looking at Hobby search and it seems like it is possible to do it with very little modification to the weapons.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

actually it seem that the modifing will be quite small. i have the strike PG here, it seems like the aile just has round peg on the back that pops into a polycap. the PG kit has a square polycap so it seems like a pretty easy fix, looks like the other backpacks are no different, that just leaves the arm peices they can probably be modified with not to much problem.

chris