Official Gundam Plamodel Thread

...woo boy, they redid the shoulders.  Big flippin deal...

It IS a big deal.

First MG Rx-78-2: Okawaran version. 1995 technology. Enough said.

Second MG Rx-78-2: Gundam ver. 1.5. Fancy new PG style legs with 1995 technology arms. Cool legs, but everything else is WRONG.

Third MG Rx-78-2: Perfect [sic] Gundam. Once again, enough said.

Fourth MG Rx-78-2: Project Pegasus. New arms, new legs, new mobility. 21st century technology.

It took Bandai ten years to make the right Rx-78-2. It IS a big deal. Ugly Zeta and CCA mechs can wait.

PS: If they can't get the Rx-78-2 right, there's no way in hell they would get the MG GM Sniper II or anything else right. Look at the MG GM Kai.

It isn't a big deal. It's not even based on the original, it's based on a video game. YAWN. Wake me when they start making MG's that aren't the RX-78-2, or SEED related...

Edited by fulcy

if bandai is going to release basically the same suit over and over again they might as well make upgraded kits of their older MG releases <_< we all know bandai could vastly improve the look and feel of their older kits...it's a shame there isn't a Mk. II ver. 1.5 or an NT-1 ver. 1.5....i would buy those in a heartbeat...i can see why bandai would release another rx-78-2 simply because it's the most recognized ms in all of gundam, and by far the most popular in japan (i think?) seriously though, bandai needs to work on more worth-while kits...as greatful i am for the MG ball, it's one of the least suspected to get the MG treatment...we seriously need more zeon mecha...or even some more GW kits :ph34r: (ducks)

hate to say it but I actually like the SEED kits they got great mobility and they've served as the test beds for the Master Grades we'll see in the future, so don't dog it till you build one. I can honestly say I REALLY like building these SEED kits, they got great poseability and nice detail, they also come with display stands which is fantastic!

While I'm not compeltely internested in the RX-78-2 here, I feel the color is very off and there's more RX-78-2's than there are of Strike :p

hate to say it but I actually like the SEED kits they got great mobility and they've served as the test beds for the Master Grades we'll see in the future, so don't dog it till you build one. I can honestly say I REALLY like building these SEED kits, they got great poseability and nice detail, they also come with display stands which is fantastic!

It's not the kits I have a problem with, I just don't like SEED in general, and that carries over to the kits since they are related...

The ver. Ka was (kinda) based on the Katoki design that was made into resin kits, but was never animated or appeared in any other official Gundam merchandise such as games, comics, etc. Therefore it technically doesn't exist in any timeline.

That, plus the fact that the Gundam ver. Ka. has so many distinctly different design elements that essentially places it away from the 78 line. It lives in what I'd like to call Ka-verse, where Integral designs are the standard mechs for 0079-0083.

I guess I mess up my own question,, What I was trying to say was that shouldn't the Master Grade RX-78 VER KA be consider a remake/fix/upgrade of the first MS RX-78? It made by Bandai, it's a mastergrade, it a rx-78, whole bunch of sticker/decals, and some added minor detail here and there.

Mainly because the Ka version is the only RX-78 that I like.

That would be the Hizack, which maintained most of the Zaku's distinctive features.  The Marasai looks like that happened to Char in the 0079 War for Earth game with a live action fatass gaijin.

Back to the Marasai, I like the design. You can tell the influence this design had in the Gaera Doga and Sazabi as well, which kind of adds to it's appeal to me. If it was green then it would completely rock. The orange-ish tones in some pics of it are the only thing I don't really care for.

Edited by Anubis

There's really nothing I can say about the Zeta movie other than they're 20 years too late to be doing such a thing without really doing all the animation over again....its just the transition of old 80's animation with that of 2004-05 are far beyond eachother, there's almost no middle ground. People will easily tell which is the better style....and chances are we'll never see it in the states :p

I wont completely dog the Zeta movie, I say "Fine cool go ahead!" I'm sure it'll get some praise by the hard core fans....and I may be a fan of Zeta, but to me, its a big waste of Bandai and Sunrise's money.............BIG waste....

Might be off topic, but I needed to find out from some Gundam Guru's.

What the hell is a 1/60 real scale model? My local Hobby store has a 1/60 'Real Scale Strike Gundam kit for sale. The kit costs 60 bucks and looks a little like a gimped version of a PG kit. Have you guys seen these before? It is not the 1/60 PG Strike in a US box, in fact with the limited accessories, (A gun) I don't know what it really is.

Any ideas?

That's just Bandai's "Model Line Disease". A Real-Scale line isn't PG, it's just plain old 1/60 scale.. it does not guarantees spectacular engineering like those found on PG, but my understanding is that it's pretty good for its price.

AFAIK, there's only one Real Scale model, but then again I'm no longer following the Gundam plamo developments.

there's was technically 3 Real Scale models...well 4 if you're counting the Impulse :p

also, that's just an OK price for one of those Strikes if it's just the suit itself without any of the weapons packs...if it's $60 with the weapons packs you shoud totally go for it.

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

Will the HG 1/60 Strike Gundam's Strike packs fit on the PG?

Black Valkyrie Posted on Jan 25 2005, 09:52 AM

QUOTE (Hikuro @ Jan 25 2005, 08:45 AM)

I may be a fan of Zeta, but to me, its a big waste of Bandai and Sunrise's money.............BIG waste.... 

It ain`t a big waste for me, OK then what about SW-SE and other remakes? and besides its character design is better unlike seed destiny baby looks.

Not interested in the SW-SE :p I wasn't even that interested in the first remakes to begin with, I only went and saw new hope and said, "Booorrrriiiinnnng". Not gonna watch more butchered work.

Stamen0083 Posted on Jan 25 2005, 10:15 AM

QUOTE (Hikuro @ Jan 25 2005, 08:45 AM)

...other than they're 20 years too late to be doing such a thing without really doing all the animation over again.... 

They are animating new scenes, but they are keeping the old school look for consistency's sake. I, for one, look forward to fansubs. 

I would HOPE they kept the "old school look" for the characters and mobile suits, if not there would be a poop storm as violent as can be for fans.

But what I'm saying is this, you got a series from the early 80's...and here you go making new scenes with 21st century technology of animation colors and art....to me, that's pretty cheesey. If you wanna make a 3 part triology movie you may as well just redo the WHOLE damn thing from scratch.

Anubis Posted on Jan 25 2005, 10:17 AM

Will the HG 1/60 Strike Gundam's Strike packs fit on the PG? 

I personally doubt it seeing as the styles of the body are different, along with construction....they're too completely different kits....I wouldn't be surprised if the size was a bit different as well.

But what I'm saying is this, you got a series from the early 80's...and here you go making new scenes with 21st century technology of animation colors and art....to me, that's pretty cheesey. If you wanna make a 3 part triology movie you may as well just redo the WHOLE damn thing from scratch.

What are you talking about? Where are you getting the idea that they would use SEED style animation and colors for the Z movies?

New Z GUNDAM movie poster :

http://s03.2log.net/home/gunota/zetamoviesposter.jpg

I wonder if Bandai will GQ Z toys.

Nice, although I don't know why they featured Amuro so prominently on the poster. It's as if he's shouting "I'm barely in this film!!"

That is a little misleading I guess. My complaint is how they completey changed the ending of Zeta in these new movies. Tomino got soft.

Anyway though, Zeta GQ Models might be all right, but I'm going to go with the new HCM Pros primarily.

I did pick up a KS Hyaku-Shiki a couple weeks ago.. Awesome figure, except for soem blemishes on the wings and a couple scratches. Other than that awesome, and so posable. I may still get an HCM Pro Hyaku Shiki anyway to tuck away.

I wanted to get some more actual models, but no time anymore. Otherwise I would have snatched the HGUC Marasai already, and the MG Hi-Zack.

Edited by Anubis

Seems Zeta will be the focus of the HGUC kits for a while. Also, no plans for an updated MG Zeta. The wording also seems to imply there won't be many MG kits either. Predominantly HGUC releases.

from Gunota

Hobby Japan

Questions regarding future releases of HGUC and MG

- Zeta kits will be the focus with the movie release and the staff assures more will come even after the movies are over.

- No plan for updated version of MG Zeta Gundam as they are satisfied with the original release.

- HGUC will be the core for future Zeta kits.

As for the Zeta movies, there's a thread here (you have to search for it) but Tomino had said on record he wanted a "happier" tone for Zeta's ending. Less casualties as well from what he was saying. He also said Camille's character was going to be modified some as well.

Translation: he got soft, and wants to modify his dark series. How he plans ZZ and CCA to still fit in I have no idea. He isn't "kill em all" Tomino anymore.

Edited by Anubis