Official Gundam Plamodel Thread

Nice, and I don't even like the Re-GZ design at all, one of the few in CCA I didn't like. Good job on it.

looks like I will be doing some major panel lineing and detailing to the wing when it comes in :p I wish they would release the rest of them i would love a deathsycthe hellcustom, all of the Ver.ka arent to shabby looking either. B))

hey,, the Wing comes with it's own stand too, So i guess all the new Master grades now comes with their own stand. Very good idea. :)

actually not really it seems like just the ones with wings do, the freedom, strike, strike rouge and wing zeo custom. the Hizack and Rick Dias did not have any sort of stand for them.

Would have been nice though if they h ad come with a stand, or something to go with the kits like a mini cheap diaramah or something I don't know.

I called Hobbytown today, since its been nearly 3 FIN WEEKS! And they said they got their Gundam shipments but they haven't opened th eir freight boxes, but mine should be inside....I told them, "Okay good, but if my model isn't there, I believe I'll take my money back, this is outragous that not even your own manager knows your ordering system and he's been there for years. So if my model is NOT here when I arrive at 5 tonight, your gonna hear from me alot, and it wont be pretty."

I'll diffenetly be sending Customer Service an Email when my computer is up and running with a complaint that their own managers don't know how to order certain kits in time.

I picked up my Sazabi yesterday.......wow I paid less than what they got it marked up as 0_o.......amazing! Also I saw another Rick Dias, Hi-Zak, PsycoGundam, Master Grade Rouge Strike, and Freedom, 1/60 Strike HG, my Sazabi (which I snagged) and wha else did I see? DAH DAH DAH! 1/144 M.E.T.E.O.R. Freedom :p so I snagged that too real quick cause someone was thinking of getting it.....

While its a fairly NICE looking kit, its gonna need alot of work, alot of same color moldings on pieces that sh ould not have been ......lets say.......kept pink? So I just worked on Freedom lastnight and finished him, no painting didn't feel like it. Plus the weather is 36 degrees and 20 in the gradge so no :p....all the flashy flashy we see in the pictures is just that, flashy flashy.....VERY different from the actual version. The one of the box is heavily painted, while the one you get.......subs it with a few decals and same color molding.....dissapointed.

The METEOR Unit will require alot of touching up, there are vent covers which are same color molding as say a large armor plating piece, so I'm gonna have to tape that area off and spray it grey or chrome or something to make it look like vent covers....I mean alot of touching up, even in the missile bay, I don't want no pink missiles!

............................LOTS of touching up to do.

I picked up my Sazabi yesterday.......wow I paid less than what they got it marked up as 0_o.......amazing!  Also I saw another Rick Dias, Hi-Zak, PsycoGundam, Master Grade Rouge Strike, and Freedom, 1/60 Strike HG, my Sazabi (which I snagged) and wha else did I see? DAH DAH DAH! 1/144 M.E.T.E.O.R. Freedom :p so I snagged that too real quick cause someone was thinking of getting it.....

While its a fairly NICE looking kit, its gonna need alot of work, alot of same color moldings on pieces that sh ould not have been ......lets say.......kept pink?  So I just worked on Freedom lastnight and finished him, no painting didn't feel like it.  Plus the weather is 36 degrees and 20 in the gradge so no :p....all the flashy flashy we see in the pictures is just that, flashy flashy.....VERY different from the actual version.  The one of the box is heavily painted, while the one you get.......subs it with a few decals and same color molding.....dissapointed.

The METEOR Unit will require alot of touching up, there are vent covers which are same color molding as say a large armor plating piece, so I'm gonna have to tape that area off and spray it grey or chrome or something to make it look like vent covers....I mean alot of touching up, even in the missile bay, I don't want no pink missiles!

............................LOTS of touching up to do.

What about the 1/144 Freedom's all blue wings? Gotta do something with that too, unless the meteor version came with black stickers.

Anyone build a HGUC Psycho Gundam yet? I'm thinking about getting one of those (after I get a MG Hi-Zack)

Edited by Anubis

Hobbytown wants almost 100 dollars for it....so I'mah pass on it....but yes Freedom has all blue wings, not too mention no real wing spanning....dissapointing there! And the lil red plating that's on the ends of the shoulders is a decal....gah.

I may start taking pieces of it off again, and painting....it looks really stupid now that I think about it lol....but just the wings and some pieces of the cannon....the rest of the mobile suit is toleratable.

I saw a completed non painted MG Wing Zero Custom. It looked rather bad. I have a HG Wing Zero Custom (Endless Waltz) and the MG kit looks almost exactly like the HG kit. Without touching it, there was no indication that it is in anyway different from the HG kit except for the stand that it came with.

:blink:

well the MG zero custom definitely has some internal skeleton parts and ABS, which the HG kit lacks. Overall if anything I think it will be able to pose more dynamically than the HG and also be more durable.

That's what i thought. But without handling it, I couldn't see any joint differences. When someone gets it, make sure to take pictures.

yeah you can...the knees on the MG Zero Custom are WAY different than the ones on the HG kit...any gundam otaku can see that :p anyways and the feet on the HG kit are completely flat while the MG kit's feet slope up a little...and the legs are a little slimmer in the MG kit...that's all i could think of for now (if i was just able to look at 2 on display, without touching 'em)

:blink: The individual feathers and the upper part of the wings splitting apart is an obvious one to have been spotted being the difference. Not to mention the ability for the arms to bend forward thus posing it in its signature posture with the twin buster rifle. It'd be identical to the MG Wing ver. Ka. except for the wings (as everyone probably already knew). One thing's for sure: the polycaps and joints sure as heck wouldn't be loose like the HG ones are. That was the major flaw of the HG in the first place.

The arrows are pointing at the edge of the Twin Buster Rifle and the chest area. As you can see there's a bit of the rifle sticking out, it just goes into that little area at the chest and holds it in place rather than having it flop all over the place. Personally I think that made it look odd since the arms aren't fully stretched out.

The HG 1/144 METEOR Freedom unit is sort of a fixer upper in my opinion. Alot of same color molding, and lack of detail which is replaced by decals. The Freedom gundam is a joke as well....I expected this to be much better, I mean we're talkin about a near 100 dollar model kit so I don't think I got what I exactly paid for.

I painted off a few areas to give it more of the box look, and really tried my best. When ever I get the computer up and running I'll make sure to take alot of pictures as well.

My MG Sazabi is nearly done, I still got the funnels, shield, saber and gun left to go and than decals. It's coming out to be one of the best MG custom jobs I've done this year!

Thanks alot.

What exactly is Ver. Ka? I keep seeing it when talking about Wing Zero models....?

it is a prototype of the wing gundam that was designed by Katoki Hajime that was never used it is nicer than the normal Gundam wing, the "Ka" in Ver. Ka is short for Katoki

oh...thanks alot. I like the Zero Custom better anyways...

yea i also like the Zero custom over the Wing Ka and Wing normal, i wish they would make a Deathscythe Hellcustom MG with a decent display stand so you can pose it flying

that would really make my day.

chris

I'm not, they've been using Rubber on flexiable pieces for a while now, for instance the Zaku from Zeta Gundam is a mixture of both rubber hoses and beeds, rubber hoses being used on the legs and arms and the beeds used on the head and torso....its easier for flexability purposes....for the WZC using rubber feathers is for people who don't use the stand, that way the rubber feathers can flex without getting in the way for the models posability. It was a hassle for some in the old HG where the whole wing is just plastic, you couldn't do much for posing.

Indeed, the 1/100 HG kit was quite a package of trouble. Not to mention that the polycaps ran loose so quickly that keeping the wings up was a pain, it needed quite some tinkering to say the least - and the entire Endless Waltz line needed tighter joints as well.

Edited by rikiryou

Not only tighter joints, and wings falling off, but the WHOLE back pack would come down, I found the problem to exist even with other Wing kits to the point I glued the bloody thing on to its back which STILL didn't help much at all. Its times like these Models need auto balancers..... <_<

HGUC Marasai Pics :wub:

post-26-1101186953_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Guys I am thinking about getting the original RX-78-2 and GM MG kits.  Are hands loose on them? how are the joints?  Is it all styrene? Is it durable? Will the hands be as loose as mty HG endless waltz kit?(Wing 0 cstm)

Yes on all counts. Except the joints are polycaps, assuming you're talking about knee/elbow joints and not the finger joints.

Edited by Stamen0083