Tattoo

Oihan

Would you ever get a tattoo of the Macross kite symbol?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Would you ever get a tattoo of the Macross kite symbol?

• Yes
    • No

Do you guys think Agent One would have a tattoo of Schwarzenneger, himself, or door knob on his body?    :p

Cruel my man... LOL.

I actually don't have a tatoo, I did however brand myslef. On my left shoulder I have my fraternity letters branded. It took 5 pieces to finish the letters, "Sigma Phi Epsilon."

Each piece was white hot and pressed into my flesh for 2 full seconds (any longer and they would have burned through the skin and gone into the muscle tissue). The thing hurt but I think it is way cooler than any tatoo.

HELL YEAH!! I have my Fraternity Letters branded too!! i ain't gonna lie, it hurt, but its pretty unique. it shocks the hell outta people when they see it.... :lol:

AWESOME! I love the look on people's faces when they see it. Refresh my memory, what Fraternity are you a member of?

I know we have a few greeks on the board. Devin (Blue Rose custom toy guy) is a Theta Chi from Berkeley, I just can never remember what chapter anyone else was in.

Agent ONE, i'm Sigma Lambda Beta from Texas A&M.

just out of curiosity, i had another guy tell me we had to peel the scabs to get the letters to puff up, and i did this (which hurt like a mad bastard)....did you? and did your brand puff up or heal flat?

;)

Never picked the scabs. Just left it alone.

post-25-1082741498.jpg

Thats gonna suck when you realize fraternities are just popularity contests for rich boys whose parents have enough cash to send em to a nice college, so they can buy their friends.

Oh ive said too much

Not trying to incite anything , but i used to work across the street from UMD right on fraternity row, probably one of the biggest frat schools in tHE us.. and well yea , ive seen it all and heard it all

Who knows maybe your fraternities were actually the very few created that base all their projects on community issues and try to help and resolve them , or its just another bunch of rich kids who wouldnt dare be different from one another and would cry if they had to do any labor that didnt involve buying sports jerseys and pretending to like classic rock

Anyway what im getting at is you can make fun of someone for wanting to get an anime tattoo because you think theyll be embarressed in twenty years but getting a frat burn mark is just as embarressing.

and i mean in general i know agent one didnt make fun of teh kite tatoo, but in all honestly almost anything you burn or tatoo is gonna have repercussions 20 years down the line , people change and or you realize things you thought were "meaningful" 20 years ago just are not anymore

As for me i know ill still love macross 20 years from now but not enough to get it tatoo'd on my arm hah. I think ill show my appreciation in another way , like maybe using bits and pieces of how macross or other old anime or music etc that inspired me when i was younger show up in the work i do. I think thats the best kind of tatoo....and hey you dont need to get it surgically removed later!

Edited by SpacePirateNeko

Yay, another shot of AgentONE's torso...

Thanks....homo <_<

You like it!!!?

I thought so... Here's something to think about, I am not wearing any pants in that picture either.

Thats gonna suck when you realize fraternities are just popularity contests for rich boys whose parents have enough cash to send em to a nice college, so they can buy their friends.

Oh ive said too much

Not trying to incite anything , but i used to work across the street from UMD right on fraternity row, probably one of the biggest frat schools in tHE us.. and well yea , ive seen it all and heard it all

Who knows maybe your fraternities were actually the very few created that base all their projects on community issues and try to help and resolve them , or its just another bunch of rich kids who wouldnt dare be different from one another and would cry if they had to do any labor that didnt involve buying sports jerseys and pretending to like classic rock

Anyway what im getting at is you can make fun of someone for wanting to get an anime tattoo because you think theyll be embarressed in twenty years but getting a frat burn mark is just as embarressing.

I love people who intentionally say something inflamatory then say, "Not trying to incite anything."

:lol:

There are many negitive sterotypes that follow fraternities, I would have to say that mine didn't live up to any of them but they all are true in most cases... I have always said that all sterotypes exist for a reason.

Thanks....homo  <_<

You like it!!!?

I thought so... Here's something to think about, I am not wearing any pants in that picture either.

Well, to be clear, I wasn't calling you a homo, it was whomever couldn't get enough of you from your avatar :blink:

The way to deal with a tatoo is not to fear what may happen, but instead ask yourself what are you willing to accept when you look at it years from now. If you're going to regret a relationship with a girl because of a tatoo, then obviously don't get it. But you'd be surprised how memory has a habit of recalling only the good things about a person as time goes on. It could very well serve as a reminder of a life lesson you had to learn...something people forget all too quickly. Something worth considering.

That being said, the Macross UN Spacy symbol isn't all that bad an idea. It's obscure enough that you're practically guarantteed no one else you ever meet will have one (though I have seen someone who has one, and I beleive it was posted on this website) and it looks unique in the realm of popular symbols across the world. One thing you don't want is someone mistaking your tatoo for the symbol of stupidity in some religion or something like that :)

Just please, please, please for the love of god DO NOT get a tatoo of a skull, dagger, snake, motorbike, bird of prey, rose, heavy metal band, bracelet around the wrist or ankle, or those massive shoulder tatoos that wrap around. Also, pretty please do not place a tatoo on your lower back, belly, ankle, wrist, calve, or bicep...and certainly not your face. These tatoos have reached popular culture via music videos, albums, and films. Everyone and their dog has one, producing a big sigh and eye rolling everytime I see them.

Try to be a little more unique...isn't that the whole point of a tatoo to begin with?

Thanks....homo  <_<

You like it!!!?

Well, to be clear, I wasn't calling you a homo, it was whomever couldn't get enough of you from your avatar :blink:

:o:o:o:o:o

It isn't possible to get enough of Agent ONE! :lol:

Thanks....homo  <_<

You like it!!!?

That's not what the doorknobs say :rolleyes:

Thanks....homo  <_<

You like it!!!?

That's not what the doorknobs say :rolleyes:

Do those end up just like A1: "Lumpy" :p

Damn A1, I was expecting veins popping out of everywhere, the absence of a neck

(seems like your head is missing though!)

more lines toning your body than a plate of spaghetti

....where's the God we all worship?

looks like you've been slacking off :D:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Do those end up just like A1: "Lumpy" :p

Damn A1, I was expecting veins popping out of everywhere, the absence of a neck

(seems like your head is missing though!)

more lines toning your body than a plate of spaghetti

....where's the God we all worship?

looks like you've been slacking off :D:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well, first of all I am a (for the most part) natural athlete... IE I am not injecting a gram of 'less than legal juice' into my thigh every other day. Also I have to fit into my tux man... I am actually in the process of dropping weight, I went through a bulking phase over Christmas and got up to 210, however I am 200 right now, and am trying to lean out a little while staying at 200. I might think Arnold is cool, but I realize his muscles are somewhat less than real or healthy.

I do have some veins in my shoulders, chest and biceps, but none in my back... It is really hard to have a vascular back.

almost anything you burn or tatoo is gonna have repercussions 20 years down the line , people change and or you realize things you thought were "meaningful" 20 years ago just are not anymore

The only tattoo that is guaranteed timeless is the name of a branch of military service. That's the one thing you can wear when you're 70 and not feel like a absolute doofus, rocking in your chair and sucking on your prune juice. :D

-Al

Oh ive said too much

1. I'm not rich

2. my parents didn't send me to school. FAFSA paid my education.

3. Agent ONE is right. people need to stop watching bullshit movies about Fraternities and thinking thats how it is. its not.

Popularity contest? Buying friends?

I had friends before going into my frat, but i am still closer with my Frat Brothers than anyone else. anyone who believes that you can buy friends has a hard time making them.

The way to deal with a tatoo is not to fear what may happen, but instead ask yourself what are you willing to accept when you look at it years from now.  If you're going to regret a relationship with a girl because of a tatoo, then obviously don't get it.  But you'd be surprised how memory has a habit of recalling only the good things about a person as time goes on.  It could very well serve as a reminder of a life lesson you had to learn...something people forget all too quickly.  Something worth considering.

That being said, the Macross UN Spacy symbol isn't all that bad an idea.  It's obscure enough that you're practically guarantteed no one else you ever meet will have one (though I have seen someone who has one, and I beleive it was posted on this website) and it looks unique in the realm of popular symbols across the world.  One thing you don't want is someone mistaking your tatoo for the symbol of stupidity in some religion or something like that :)

Just please, please, please for the love of god DO NOT get a tatoo of a skull, dagger, snake, motorbike, bird of prey, rose, heavy metal band, bracelet around the wrist or ankle, or those massive shoulder tatoos that wrap around.  Also, pretty please do not place a tatoo on your lower back, belly, ankle, wrist, calve, or bicep...and certainly not your face.  These tatoos have reached popular culture via music videos, albums, and films.  Everyone and their dog has one, producing a big sigh and eye rolling everytime I see them.

Try to be a little more unique...isn't that the whole point of a tatoo to begin with?

so basically hes saying to get one on your weinershnitzel agent one...and he wants pics!

Edited by SpacePirateNeko

Thats gonna suck when you realize fraternities are just  popularity contests for rich boys whose parents  have enough cash  to send em to a nice college, so they can buy their friends.

Oh ive said too much

1. I'm not rich

2. my parents didn't send me to school. FAFSA paid my education.

3. Agent ONE is right. people need to stop watching bullshit movies about Fraternities and thinking thats how it is. its not.

Popularity contest? Buying friends?

I had friends before going into my frat, but i am still closer with my Frat Brothers than anyone else. anyone who believes that you can buy friends has a hard time making them.

except all my experiences were learned from real life not the movies...as was previously stated. I dont know where you went to college but in all my experiences and ive had plenty in many different states...thats your basic fraternity.

Well, first of all I am a (for the most part) natural athlete... IE I am not injecting a gram of 'less than legal juice' into my thigh every other day. Also I have to fit into my tux man... I am actually in the process of dropping weight, I went through a bulking phase over Christmas and got up to 210, however I am 200 right now, and am trying to lean out a little while staying at 200. I might think Arnold is cool, but I realize his muscles are somewhat less than real or healthy.

[seriously]Good to hear you're not a fan of peeing green, occasional frequent rage and

applying for early age heartconditions[/seriously]

Now stop being such a Girly-Man and slap on some Tats!!!! :p

Now stop being such a Girly-Man and slap on some Tats!!!! :p

Why mar the beauty of my physique!!?

Tatoos may distract the lucky ladies from the perfect proportions, the 6 pac, and the awesome biceps.

Just please, please, please for the love of god DO NOT get a tatoo of a skull, dagger, snake, motorbike, bird of prey, rose, heavy metal band, bracelet around the wrist or ankle, or those massive shoulder tatoos that wrap around. Also, pretty please do not place a tatoo on your lower back, belly, ankle, wrist, calve, or bicep...and certainly not your face. These tatoos have reached popular culture via music videos, albums, and films. Everyone and their dog has one, producing a big sigh and eye rolling everytime I see them.

A little stuck up aren't we? :rolleyes:

Just please, please, please for the love of god DO NOT get a tatoo of a skull, dagger, snake, motorbike, bird of prey, rose, heavy metal band, bracelet around the wrist or ankle, or those massive shoulder tatoos that wrap around.  Also, pretty please do not place a tatoo on your lower back, belly, ankle, wrist, calve, or bicep...and certainly not your face.  These tatoos have reached popular culture via music videos, albums, and films.  Everyone and their dog has one, producing a big sigh and eye rolling everytime I see them.

A little stuck up aren't we? :rolleyes:

Not at all. Just hoping this fella will do something different with his tatoo and not the same old, same old. The status quo is so boring :)

Not at all. Just hoping this fella will do something different with his tatoo and not the same old, same old. The status quo is so boring :)

That's the reason I picked Anime as Tattoos

My sis borught ocasional skinart and tattoo magazines home

and they display very much the same things

tigers, carp, eagles, samurai, tribals, old skool, flowers, ad nausium

...untill I came across 1 tattoo of Gin Rei (after reading about 50 of those mags)

......:blink:

so the next monhs I searched the net for possible designs (This was at the time when

all archives were available to the public)

Index of Mughi, Ache's Anime Archive, Bigfire's Archive, etc

when I found the tattoo pictured a few posts up, needed some work though

her hips were WAY to big so I spent a month on Photoshop/paintshop

the result is a tattoo that no one has, and one I'm damned proud of

(hurt like HELL though :D don't let anyone tell you otherwise!)

Still looking for a good VF-1S to put on my upper leg (Need the space for a large one)