Taditional VF-1A work in progress

Ranger565

Hey guys I have recived a few messages from members in the past few weeks regarding my VF-1A traditional Super (TV-Version)

Ok here is a few pics. I am a still a LONG way from completition.

The Traditional Pilot. This is hard since the only pilot I had was a DYRL pilot. hehe but he looks decent enough. I cut off some of the Shoulder pads of the DYRL to give him a slimmer look.

Traditional%20pilot.JPG

I have done some small battle damage as if it were Passing through shrapnel of a exploding Pod

vf2.JPG

here is an overall view. you can see I have not completed the Cockpit in anyway. Some of the damge to the Nose I have added to give it a busted up effect.

VF1.JPG

Another view of the overall from other side

DSC00300.JPG

Well anyway I told you back when I released my Lancer-2 pics it was comming. I have spent 3 months research on this Kit. lol more time and money but I want it to be very accurate of the Final Battle. I will up date this soon. Tell me what you think. Remember LOTS left to do. :D

Edited by Ranger565

• 1 month later...

Here is an update on the project, work has keept me very buisy from working on this. But 2 days off and I got to finish the cockpit. :(

Cockpit%201.JPG

Its amazing how fast Dust settles on the Cockpit glass. ;) I have given some more battle damage to co-inside with the damage to the nose and Body. I am thinking of putting a big gash in the booster when I get to it. (still just an Idea) but as stated before dont want to overdo it.

Cockpit%202.JPG

Here is the other side just less damage. this is not the busted up side side.

I wanted to make it look as if it just went threw an exploding pod. Or something blew up all around it, and was hit with debree.

Well More soon, now that I have more time. Any feedback Positive or Negative will be helpfull in what I decied to do with it.

Ranger565

looks real good. what colr paint are you using? Are you mixing to get that color? Also a tip, wait until the decal is dry and with a wicked sharp xacto knife cut all that excess dcal film away from the U.N. spacy emblem. that way when you lay your wash it wont have that dirty circle around it. Also you could cut reeeeeaaaaly close to the emlem, just enough to cut the film, before you dip the decal in the water. Hope this helps, I did two kits before I learned this tip from a fine scale modeller

Thanks guys, No I had not had a chance to seal the decals with Future yet. Problem is I had to do some of the battle damage before I sealed them in the Future or cut them. The paint I am using and is Rust-oleum Specialty (camouflage) from Home-depot here in the use. The color is Khaki and Let me tell you the color DRYS SUPPER FLAT ONE coat and thats all you need. Now if I can just find the right Blue for the Fast Packs I will be set. :D

• 2 months later...

Update time, Sorry its been a while, Work still has me buisy

heeh So Who you Calling Cannon Fodder?? :D

Cannon%20Fodder.JPG

cannon%20Fodder%203.JPG

Cannon%20Fodder2.JPG

Before

Beforewing.JPG

After

Afterwing.JPG

Well Nothing is glued wings, cockpit, Etc. and with working so much, its been hard to complete. but I am slowly working.

I raised Flaps, did more Shrapnel Damage, and I did not use all of the Bombs( I want it to look like its in the Middle of the Battle and Its used some of its ordance)

Working on the legs and the Fastpacks now. Finnaly found the right blue after 2 months of looking :blink:

Well let me know what you think, Remember this is a TV Version. Not DYRL

Thats why the Bombs are Red Tiped.

RANGER565

man, that is one beat-to-hell VF-1..... his aircraft almost wouldn't pass inspection (lol, it's only unrealistic in that we usually don't see a cannon fodder with that many bullet holes and still flying! Only major characters get that bonus) :)

• 1 month later...

Well after a month I finally got the leg plates Painted! WORK is KILLING me! lol :p

I really wanted to show more but I worked on this today. and it took me 8 hours just to paint these two pieces. Sigh! 8 hours!

Well anyway more in the next few days. However I have put a lot of time into my Decals. Well let me know what you think

leg%20plates.JPG

sigh 8 hours just for two pieces. I am soo slow. I started this project last April :(

Edit gah the pic does not do them Justice, i need better lighting for pictures then at my work desk :unsure:

Edited by Ranger565

excellent work. reminds me of that A10 that got shot up in the first gulf war. it made it back to base missing half a wing almost! im wsure a VF-1 even a CF one could sustain that damage without losing alot of combat performance. i love the weathering and soot smudges. actual aircraft are that dirty in real life too. some of the color markings on US acft are actually thick stickers that have a clear paint slathered over them and also start to show a ring where dirt builds up around the paint thickness almost exactly like your decals do.it happens alot to F-16s stationed in phoenix AZ. so sometimes it can work to leave the decal film on. keep it going its good to see a brownie done up with the quality of a VF-1S or YF-19.

Ok after a week I was able to finish the Boosters

Left Booster

DSC00556.JPG

Right booster

Booster.JPG

I plan to Disply it on a Stand I got from Valkyrie Exchange. Then I will be placing it in a Sports case I got from My local Craft store. I dont want any Dust or dirt on the kit. The case also has a Mirror in back so it will be nice to display on my Mantle when finished

Ranger565

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...