T.V. Roy Flying

cambodian tire

Since this is my first valk. and can't keep from transforming it time to time this isn't a full blown custom paint job, however it started a hikaru F 1J .Please keep in mind I haven't weathered it yet or painted the engine nozzles etc. I'll post pictures when I get it finished .... later

post-4-1081719353_thumb.jpg

your probably absolutely right ,but the aviation purist in me made me put the 101 on the nose where it is ,not that it matters but in real life if roy was the leader - 100 the next rank would be 101 then every other underling getting any other modex after 102,103 etc. within that squadron. Sorry to all those purists out there!

Your placement for the numbers is interest too... at least as far as a "purist" perspective might go. ;)

And why would you start with a 1J?

Looks nice outside of purist-type concerns. ;)

I have seen on Walmat they sell this 1/48 F-14 Diecast model, I have one already but I would like to buy another one and repaint it as a UN Macross Zero F-14 like the one of the first Episode. :D

i'm still confused why its a 1j, why its 101 and why the numbers are in weird spots, and how that makes it a "purists" valk?

isn't ALL that stuff diffrent from the show?

enlighten me.

i'm still confused why its a 1j, why its 101 and why the numbers are in weird spots, and how that makes it a "purists" valk?

It is all different from the show, which is why he said it's *not* a purists Valk.

Basically he made it the way he did because he wanted it to reflect real world patterns more than the show version did.

And I guess the 1J just because he likes it (I agree! 1J rocks!)

To answer some of KingNor's questions, the valk markings aren't "purist" or accurate from a macross point of veiw but rather , more so , from a USN point of veiw. I was into aircraft before I was into Macross and some things in terms of markings stands out to me as weird. I think the artists and animators take their cue from real life, like the UN SPACEY kites on the wings and nose and the rest of us can identify that those things are supposed to be there. I think however that animators don't necessarily know what all those numbers have evolved to represent.Thats totaly fine for the macross universe because it's all makebelieve, and I wouldn't expect it any other way. I just wan't mine not to look out of place to me. Just FYI in the navy Skull Squadron is the Jolly Rogers Squdron and at the time of Macross' debut their squadron # was "84" or VF-84 the "V" being an arbitrary symbol for heavier than air (dregebles, not planes, were the norm) and "F" for fighter squadron The "modex" number or the number on the nose and wings in the navy are either numbers in the 100's or in the 200's or in the case of a training squadron, in the 400's. The leader or CAG (Roy) gets an even 100 or 200 the next rank the CO gets 101 or 102 so you see in my makebelive world Roy somewhere, gets to fly around in his VF1S marked 100 and my valk could somebody else in a VF1J marked 101.To sum up it's all different from the show the only thing less accurate to the show I guess I could have done is to paint it hot pink oohh! See ya for now!

KingNor here's a couple of pictures in robot mode but please remeber this is not finished as I haven't had time yet. In the photos you can see blueish colored liquid masking on the inside of the legs as I have yet to paint the black stripes, I have painted one black stripe on the outside of the legs so far. It needs weathering,decaling,exhaust/feet to be painted fast packs detailed & painted,gun pod painted and much more. I'm a little leary of posting too many pics of it uncomplete. There's also some close up pictures of my cockpit on my other topic "TV roy for 1/48. Thanks again!

post-4-1081815347_thumb.jpg