Twisted Playmobils

Limbo

So I was in a local toystore looking for micropets for my girlfriend when this caught my eyes:

3180.jpg

Playmobil: Outbreak

and just next to it was this other:

3161.jpg

Playmobil: Safe Crackers

I was like WTF??? Since when playmobil become twisted like that? That's so sick and wrong on so many levels that I had to get them!

Edited by Limbo

From what I can remember Playmobil has always been a bit off... then again they are sort of the antithesis of Lego. Lego has always been so clean-cut and whitebread... I guess Playmobil and their European makers decided to be a bit risque with their offerings.

After all, in Europe is it not uncommon for children to take a little vin now and then? So who is to say they do not like play with their toxic cleanup Playmobils, no?

:lol:

... I guess Playmobil and their European makers decided to be a bit risque with their offerings.

After all, in Europe is it not uncommon for children to take a little vin now and then?

Those are the ways of the Yengeese and les Francais traders, and their masters in Europe infected with the sickness of greed! :lol:

From what I can remember Playmobil has always been a bit off... then again they are sort of the antithesis of Lego. Lego has always been so clean-cut and whitebread... I guess Playmobil and their European makers decided to be a bit risque with their offerings.

After all, in Europe is it not uncommon for children to take a little vin now and then? So who is to say they do not like play with their toxic cleanup Playmobils, no?

:lol:

So, um, where's the Playmobil Red Light District playset? :ph34r:

That's some screwed up stuff there.

just for information :

LEGO is european too !!!!!!!!!!!!! It's from danemark, and playmobil is from germany !

So WTF with anti-european or anti-french ?

U're so close-minded that U can't understand that if there is burglars or toxic wastes set, there is also a big police and toxic-cleaners set comming in !! this is marketing.

And Good exist only if Bad does.

i dont think there is a good or bad, they are just things we made up, ppl say its good to save endangered tigers but if they had to be mauled and eaten to save the tiger theyd say it was bad, its all just morals that ppl made up, if there was good and bad then basicly every animal wud be evil cuz they constantly kills plants or other animals

i dont think there is a good or bad, they are just things we made up, ppl say its good to save endangered tigers but if they had to be mauled and eaten to save the tiger theyd say it was bad, its all just morals that ppl made up, if there was good and bad then basicly every animal wud be evil cuz they constantly kills plants or other animals

Hmmm... not to derail this goofy thread any further... but the point of saving endangered animals is to protect Earth's species from extinction... not whether or not you like the tiger.

:rolleyes:

Anyways, to make a stab at being on topic... Playmobil's always been a bit off, not so much that we're anti-European, but there is a difference in culture on either side of the pond. It's evident in the difference between American and European television commercials, etc.

It's no big deal to have kids playing with a toxic waste disposal unit in Europe, but it just seems weird to make that toy in America. What American kid would rather have the Museum Janitoral Crew set when he could be normal and have Firemen or Police, or something a bit more... "normal", in the American sense.

Of course, that's kinda what makes it great.

Personally, I think the Playmobil Satan is the first toy I'd buy my kid. B))

... I guess Playmobil and their European makers decided to be a bit risque with their offerings.

After all, in Europe is it not uncommon for children to take a little vin now and then?

Those are the ways of the Yengeese and les Francais traders, and their masters in Europe infected with the sickness of greed! :lol:

You're a man of few admirable qualities, but taken as a whole, I was wrong to have thought so highly of you.