Yamatos Macross Valkirie or Robotech Masterpiece

joscasle

The 1/60 will get loose over time...mine did and its legs fall out all the time and mine has cracked plastic near the hip area on teh nose.

I haven't played much with my sole 1/60 so I can't speak from experience. But I think people should probably be specific about which 1/60 they're talking about since the leg design changed somewhere between the Hikaru 1A and the Hikaru 1J. (At least, the peg went from being hexagonal [octagonal?] to square.)

I don't think fifbeat was talking about the mods, dudes. I think he was talking about the regular members who complain about a topic for some silly reason. And I like his idea of letting chips fall where they may.

Good for you. No. :lol:

<sarcasm>What a minute - since when did everyone dislike the Toynami MPC's? This is all news to me. I've been visiting these forums just about every day for years and this is the first time I heard someone bashing the MPC.</sarcasm>

my 1/60 hikaru 1A is the sole 1/60 i have and is very very loose in the hips. I heard that the problem is common with all 1.60s.

my MPC's dont have loose hips cripe its like the alamo

loose hips sink ships :p

• 9 months later...

Man, I've been collecting valks for a short while but could never figure a good reason to buy the 1/60 Yammies so I came to this thread trying to determine what their strong points were... Unfortunately the link that looked like it'd be helpful was dead :( Also, it seemed like everyone had terrible opinions about the MPCs but no one did a visual comparison. Here's my effort, can someone please post a 1/60 pic that shows how much better the Yammie's are? (not the 1/48s, i know how great they are)

Please don't mind the Robotech background album... it's just for a good display backdrop... honest.

post-4-1106029620_thumb.jpg

Edited by jenius

jenius Posted on Jan 17 2005, 11:22 PM

Please don't mind the Robotech background album... it's just for a good display backdrop... honest.

If you want a REALLY good display backdrop, then you should get an enlarge copy of the ANIMEIGO MACROSS Dvd box design (the UN SPACY kite symbol/logo in black and white!). That thing looks really elegant. :)

Okay, there's my little collection (sans Ben, he's off fighting a battlepod in front of the SDF1 in another display case :D ). They're all very pose-able even with the armor weighing them down. The armor itself does pop off pretty easy since some parts are only hanging on by the strength of magnets. I find them to be a bit sharper than my old 1/55 but they definitely don't feel nearly as sturdy. The old 1/55s got me used to the idea of having metal swing bars so those don't bother me. The idea of a valk not being truly transformable really does bother me quite a bit. If I wanted a kit I'd buy a model. I do love flexibility though. That being said, can someone post a pic of a super yammie 1/60 doing some sort of pose that the design of the MPC does not allow? That might convince me to give those buggers a try...

There really is no debate: Even the robotech.com forum regulars hate the toynamis. :D

Ignore yamato 1/60 and the toynami valks and get yamato 1/48 not because we said to, but because it will save you time finding out about the toynami flaws the long way. (ie by trying it yourself and feeling bad.)

1/48 is detailed, sturdy, won't chip because it is mainly plastic, has good sculpt, gimmicks, no loose or floppy limbs, looks good in all modes, and the posability is good. (I would have bought bandai if my wallet wasn't hurting so much from yamato valks)

The only thing is the price is high. But it feels like you are getting what you paid for. The pieces all fit snugly and snap together perfectly when transforming them, Once you put fast packs on and open up the covers to put minimissiles on and see all that detail, you will feel as if the money was put to good use. I can't wait for the GBP armor. The 1/48 scale is the ultimate macross toy and it's not even a collector toy that is meant to be left in box never to be touched. (like the toynami ones which aren't even listed under 'toys' on HG robotech site)

I'm sure even kids could touch the 1/48 if they were careful. The only problem is the yamato stickers imo. If only they could have printed all that stuff on the toys, it would be perfect. The one thing about the 1/60 are that I think the arms look better than 1/48 arms. Also the wrists of the 1/48 are floppy and can't support the weight of the gunpod so you tend to have the arm tucking the gunpod between its body and arm for keeping it still.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

There really is no debate: Even the robotech.com forum regulars hate the toynamis. :D

Ignore yamato 1/60 and the toynami valks and get yamato 1/48 not because we said to, but because it will save you time finding out about the toynami flaws the long way. (ie by trying it yourself and feeling bad.)

1/48 is detailed, sturdy, won't chip because it is mainly plastic, has good sculpt, gimmicks, no loose or floppy limbs, looks good in all modes, and the posability is good. (I would have bought bandai if my wallet wasn't hurting so much from yamato valks)

The only thing is the price is high. But it feels like you are getting what you paid for. The pieces all fit snugly and snap together perfectly when transforming them, Once you put fast packs on and open up the covers to put minimissiles on and see all that detail, you will feel as if the money was put to good use. I can't wait for the GBP armor. The 1/48 scale is the ultimate macross toy and it's not even a collector toy that is meant to be left in box never to be touched. (like the toynami ones which aren't even listed under 'toys' on HG robotech site)

I'm sure even kids could touch the 1/48 if they were careful. The only problem is the yamato stickers imo. If only they could have printed all that stuff on the toys, it would be perfect. The one thing about the 1/60 are that I think the arms look better than 1/48 arms. Also the wrists of the 1/48 are floppy and can't support the weight of the gunpod so you tend to have the arm tucking the gunpod between its body and arm for keeping it still.

You tell them! Amen to that brother. Seriously why does this question come up? :blink: