Found something wierd

Opus

Don't ask me what I was doing there but somehow I ended up here.

http://www.toynami.com/macross.html

Anybody know latin?

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetaur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur.

It doesn't mean anything.

That's the standard gibberish many programs use as a text placeholder for layouts.

Actually, it does mean something. That's a Latin phrase from one of the old classics, and it's been used as a placeholder by printers for centuries.

Then again, it could also be lines from the Necronomicon, and that would certainly explain the recent developments concerning HG and the DYRL Superposeables :)

Edited by Pat Payne

It doesn't mean anything.

That's the standard gibberish many programs use as a text placeholder for layouts.

Actually, it does mean something. That's a Latin phrase from one of the old classics, and it's been used as a placeholder by printers for centuries.

Then again, it could also be lines from the Necronomicon, and that would certainly explain the recent developments concerning HG and the DYRL Superposeables :)

I think you may be on to something. :D

This page has the dope on Lorem ipsum: http://www.lipsum.com/

I haven't checked to make sure the author isn't making stuff up, but I believe what he has to say. (I studied Latin; tried on a couple occasions to translate the "lorem" text but never got very far. Never occurred to me that it was based on something else.)

Wow...didn't realize it came from Marcus Tullius himself...

The really wierd part is that on the main page you can't click on Macross but if you go to Robotech and click on the Alpha then you can.

Nah... the only really weird thing is that their web developers are so crap-ass that they let their "in progress" pages with markup text, etc out on their main site.

I'd get fired if I did something like that.

I noticed the Macross button on the front page of Toynami's site last night.

The "latin" is probably just some filler the guy working on the site put there just to get an idea of what the page is to look like when finished.

The scary thing is that there is a button on the Macross page suggesting that Toynami will be doing Macross MPC's. :blink: Also, why in the heck is the Myria MPC shown on this page when that was a Macross Saga item???

The scary thing is that there is a button on the Macross page suggesting that Toynami will be doing Macross MPC's. :blink: Also, why in the heck is the Myria MPC shown on this page when that was a Macross Saga item???

Well, it's not as though a Millia/Myria VF-1J would look much different if you called it Robotech or Macross...

:ducks and hides:

Seriously, maybe they're going to release some of the MPC's in Macross boxes (a la the Macross TV Superposeables)... before making DYRL versions.

Who knows at this point?

The scary thing is that there is a button on the Macross page suggesting that Toynami will be doing Macross MPC's. :blink:  Also, why in the heck is the Myria MPC shown on this page when that was a Macross Saga item???

Well, it's not as though a Millia/Myria VF-1J would look much different if you called it Robotech or Macross...

:ducks and hides:

Seriously, maybe they're going to release some of the MPC's in Macross boxes (a la the Macross TV Superposeables)... before making DYRL versions.

Who knows at this point?

That's pretty much what I was thinking. Then I thought perhaps the latin may have held a clue. I didn't know about all that placeholder junk.

That's pretty much what I was thinking. Then I thought perhaps the latin may have held a clue. I didn't know about all that placeholder junk.

Most people don't... it's really an advertising thing.

The funniest thing is that I've been in meeting with really huge corporate companies, showing them different pitches and layout using the placeholders... and you get all these guys in suits going, "what does this say? The final product won't look like that? What does it SAY?"

:lol:

There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain...but because it is Macross and therefore painful to see on Toynami's website.

Now how do I translate that back into latin?

sed Macross igitur deleo spectare Toyami I give up I've forgotten all my declensions. DAMN YOU TOYNAMI!!! DAMN YOU!!!

Lorum ipsum .........

It's the standard filler that many web developers and graphics artists use as text filler in their layout designs to see what the layout would look like with text.

All the graphics designers at my old job used that filler when they were designing page layouts and mockups. At least that's what I always saw when I received layouts from them before we incorporated them into our code.

Edited by soze

Don't ask me what I was doing there but somehow I ended up here.

http://www.toynami.com/macross.html

Anybody know latin?

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetaur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur.

In a round about way it says Keith and Carl Macek are the same person...........

:p

Alea ieacta est.

Ieasu Domine (whack!) dona ieas requiem....(whack!)