After buying 12 Valks in a month

APU

Thank you guys for the compliments. If I adopt you guys then I cant buy more toys :D The VSX set and Max were my most $$$$ purchases and I try and only buy MIB or MISB Transformers from the 80s. The Movie edition and Canadian edition Pepsi Prime were a grip also. Things not shown are : More Transformers like the electric train set, the STARS base, pinball game and clothing,M.A.S.K, dozens of Mcfarlane toys, some big ass 80s Fat Albert dolls, a grip of statues, Marvel Legends, a bunch of old Marvel toys, The Tick, Ronin Warriors, Battle Beast Starting Lineups and a bunch of other stuff.

No offense to religious people, but that Passion poster made me think that this would be what Jesus' toy room would be like. :lol:

Just curious APU, how much did that VSX set you back? I just gotta know...

Edited by JKeats

Yo, let me be the first to say...

That's the biggest waste of toys i eva seen :huh:

piles of boxes stashed away, dancougar, statues, valks etc neva removed from their boxes, that cant be seen.

A statue that has and neva will be seen kinda defeats the purpose of it....

So much money on toys. I also spend all my cash on toys, and are happy to work for them, but thats coz i just a student making some holiday money. I also luv my transforming toys, you could just get the reissues and save hell of alot of cash. I also think its unfair for your gf to put in cash for something that is like neva appreicated/used. I know you like what you buy, but i just dont see any good luving.

Theres alot of krap there, and you have some real gems, you don't need an energon optimus prime really.

Nothing in life is perfect. The sooner you realise that, the better off you are, i have only learnt this recently. I also used to be a compulisive completest from as young as i can remember (age 6 i think). In fact to be a perfectionist is a flaw in itself (...Dr Phil).

Now i know SithLord has also spent uberness amounts of money on toys, but when i looked at his collection i just admired it and felt warm and fuzzy inside ^^. When i look at yours i feel wound up inside, i think its cause he enjoys his collection. Everything looks speical to him, with you i dunno, its like you got nothing else to spend your cash on.

I buy what i really like and know i while want to keep forever, not to complete the set. I even bought 2 master piece optiums primes. I do thing these things are worth it. But they get much luv ^^. And the optimus prime is a kewl toy that adults will admire.

But by all means, its better than buying drugs and stuff ^^

There's a happy balance between working and buying the stuff you like and need, and having time to enjoy life. On your death bed, i guarantee you wont be thinking "If only i had gotten the 19th optimus prime 1985 repaint".

I don't want to sound like a bible basher... but if you where some1 outside looking in, what do you think is you idol atm?

But if it makes you happy, i hope you enjoy your collection, but also give ur gf some nice surprises instead of getting something else you dont really want ^^

Sorry to sound so awefull, but its just my opion, i the kinda guy where no toy lasts longa than 5 secs in its package ^^.

So much money on toys. I also spend all my cash on toys, and are happy to work for them, but thats coz i just a student making some holiday money. I also luv my transforming toys, you could just get the reissues and save hell of alot of cash. I also think its unfair for your gf to put in cash for something that is like neva appreicated/used. I know you like what you buy, but i just dont see any good luving.

Now i know SithLord has also spent uberness amounts of money on toys, but when i looked at his collection i just admired it and felt warm and fuzzy inside ^^. When i look at yours i feel wound up inside, i think its cause he enjoys his collection. Everything looks speical to him, with you i dunno, its like you got nothing else to spend your cash on.

Sorry to sound so awefull, but its just my opion, i the kinda guy where no toy lasts longa than 5 secs in its package ^^.

I agree with you to a certain extent, since I open my stuff; however, this guy has the right to do whatever he wants with his collection. You may think he's wrong, but it is equally (if not more so) wrong for you to lecture him. My $.02.

Edited by Wicked Ace

wow, someones a little green

anywho, I have qiute a collection all packed away waiting for the move (maybe 3yrs) one thing i will suggest is call your insurance company and have those items covered under a replacement policy. I have done such. It costs me about an extra $500 a year, but that includes a few "other" things becides collections and hobbies

Very nice collection BTW :)

piles of boxes stashed away, dancougar, statues, valks etc neva removed from their boxes, that cant be seen.

A statue that has and neva will be seen kinda defeats the purpose of it....

Theres alot of krap there, and you have some real gems, you don't need an energon optimus prime really.

Nothing in life is perfect. The sooner you realise that, the better off you are, i have only learnt this recently. I also used to be a compulisive completest from as young as i can remember (age 6 i think). In fact to be a perfectionist is a flaw in itself (...Dr Phil).

I buy what i really like and know i while want to keep forever, not to complete the set. I even bought 2 master piece optiums primes. I do thing these things are worth it. But they get much luv ^^. And the optimus prime is a kewl toy that adults will admire.

But by all means, its better than buying drugs and stuff ^^

There's a happy balance between working and buying the stuff you like and need, and having time to enjoy life. On your death bed, i guarantee you wont be thinking "If only i had gotten the 19th optimus prime 1985 repaint".

I don't want to sound like a bible basher... but if you where some1 outside looking in, what do you think is you idol atm?

But if it makes you happy, i hope you enjoy your collection, but also give ur gf some nice surprises instead of getting something else you dont really want ^^

PLEASE EXCUSE ANY SPELLING ERRORS.....

You have the nerve to judge before asking questions! I have a certain plan for EVERY toy I have ( NO, NOT TO SELL THEM)and can not share this info in public forums( I can answer questions if you pm me). I collect ONLY what I want and nothing else and have no regrets and as for the "crap" show it to me cuzz I dont see any. As for the boxes... This is 1 room in my parents house, where the hell else will I put it if I cant display it all, in a toy box with Barny on it. Did you not READ the part where I said "untill I get a bigger house"? As for Energon and Armada Prime...Do you not notice that I collect Transformers? I have also stated before that I colect MIB because I colect the box art as well. I also belive you are being a hippocrate(sp) for downtalking someone when in actuality we all get bashed for collecting toys anyway.

Thankx for the positave replies guys.

Dude just calm down. So some people express their opinions. Some in positive tone... some in negative. Yes I agree you shouldnt be lectured how you collect things. Just dont let things like this bother you... Just have fun and keep on collecting your hobby.

true I need to be less defensive, sorry guys B))

nw. A lot of peoepl liek me beive tha ttoys shoudl eb out of their boxe so you can play with them. lol.

awosme colelction. can I have a few of them?

Only a few!!!

btw. I brought everyone napkins. *hands out napkins Notices messes in other areas*. man you gusy should go change your pants. ewwww.

true I need to be less defensive, sorry guys B))

Hey, APU. Don't sweat it. If you've been here long enough, you'll know being judgemental, complaining, and whining are the official sports of MacrossWorld. :p

There is nothing wrong with your hobby (passion). For what it's worth, I have zero toys, so I'm a tad bit jealous to say the least. And what do I spend my extra money on? Thousands and thousands on memories. If you ask me, that's pretty pathetic. Because in the end, I have nothing to show for it. But I wouldn't have it any other way. :D

I don't know if this has ever been discussed, but you guys with very large and expensive collections should have them insured. In other words, make sure you have enough coverage for all your possessions if everything burns up.

JTLYK that there's always some other crazed collector whose obcession is bordering on insanity and it leaves you feeling all normal again. Check out Crazy Probe's Collection I've had this guys site bookmarked from the time the internet was just a pup. Sorry if this is old news but its always nice to see this guy's collection. 55 pages of it! :o

Probe hasn't been updating lately has he? Was waiting for a update for almost a year that time and I gave up visiting after that.

PLEASE EXCUSE ANY SPELLING ERRORS.....

You have the nerve to judge before asking questions! I have a certain plan for EVERY toy I have ( NO, NOT TO SELL THEM)and can not share this info in public forums( I can answer questions if you pm me). I collect ONLY what I want and nothing else and have no regrets and as for the "crap" show it to me cuzz I dont see any. As for the boxes... This is 1 room in my parents house, where the hell else will I put it if I cant display it all, in a toy box with Barny on it. Did you not READ the part where I said "untill I get a bigger house"? As for Energon and Armada Prime...Do you not notice that I collect Transformers? I have also stated before that I colect MIB because I colect the box art as well. I also belive you are being a hippocrate(sp) for downtalking someone when in actuality we all get bashed for collecting toys anyway.

Thankx for the positave replies guys.

Every1 has a right to their opion, and i didnt insult you...

the title of the post was "After buying 12 Valks in a month, So when did you admit?"....

I was just trying to be the voice of reason since no1 else wanted to be the bad guy.

"Thankx for the positave replies guys.", next time give ur topic the title, "please priase my collection" and ill gladly tell you how nice it is.

You call me a hypocrite... but i wouldnt except my wife or gf to start giving up there cash for more toys when in ur situation. When i see something really sweet, that i know i just have to get, then i get it. When i think about it, even if very tempted, i rather then leave it. I would say say thats when u admit to yourself i don't need it.

When u move into a bigger house are you gonna display your statues?

And yes i noticed you collect transformers, even ones you dont like...

And if u think its jeasouly as some1 said, you so missed the point.

Apprently you'll neva admit.

But please enjoy your collection.

just a little tip, i saw one of those torch-style halogen lights in one of your pics. GET THAT THING OUTTA THERE! every year those things cause many fires across the country, usually because a poster or drape falls onto the top and makes contact with the bulb. some of the newer models have cages over the top to provent this type of thing but i wouldnt chance it man. i think i would cry if i found out that all those wonderfull toys were destroyed by fire.

That's the biggest waste of toys i eva seen  :huh:

My thoughts are similar: I hope my collection won't be displayed in this way! :)

Still, it is a very impressive collection. B))

• 2 weeks later...
It's all good. Unlike drugs, which an addict will definitely use up, you can resell these things and get your money back with interest.

depends on if you grow your own :lol:

I really don't want to think of all the macross goodies [and jetfires] I've aquired since I found this place less than two years ago. I've spent no-where near as much as some but have aquired an awful lot of stuff. You apreciate it wen you have to move it :blink: . If you love it and can afford it... do it. I just wish I could find a bandai seeker in my budget :rolleyes: