Is the english version of "Voices" on CD?

None that I know. I had to edit my own. I used my minidis player to record half of the song from part 3 and the other half from the end of part 4. I then edited them together to blend in perfectly IMHO. I would have just did a rip from the end of part 4, but you get the yf-19's thruster blast in the background....which annoyed me.

Edited by SkullLeaderVF-X

Why the hell would you want an english version of voices? The english versoin makes absolutely no sense. Just how would Myung know the events of the OVA 7 years earlier when she was in high school? Hell, the lyrics don't even make sense with the title any longer in that verison.

Why the hell would you want an english version of voices? The english versoin makes absolutely no sense. Just how would Myung know the events of the OVA 7 years earlier when she was in high school? Hell, the lyrics don't even make sense with the title any longer in that verison.

Becuase it sounds purty. ;)

Becuase it sounds purty. ;)

I agree.

There is an mp3 of it floating around out there somewhere, i used to have it so someone else must have it

I have an MP3 of teh english version and its horrid... its a rip from the end of the OVA and its not very clear and you have the YF-19 engine noise in the background.

I agree the english version really makes no sense, but I would still like to have a "clear" version for the sake of having one.

Personally, I could care less if there's an english version of the song.. it's true, you'd have to rewrite most of the lyrics to make an english translation of their meaning to fit the melody and/or rythym.

What I would recommend is hunting down the instrumental version. I don't know where or what it's from, but I once found a version without any lyrics at all. It's identical to the music from the end of the movie version of Mac+, but has a solo cello part replacing Myung's voice. In my opinion, it's one of the most beautiful pieces of music I've ever heard. If anyone knows where it's from I'd like to know, but I'd also be willing to send it out to people if they want to hear it.

What I'd really like, though, is a recording of the background music during some of the dialog, specifically, the piano version of "Voices." I've been trying to learn to play it, but I can't pick out the notes very well with all the dialog. :p

Personally, I could care less if there's an english version of the song.. it's true, you'd have to rewrite most of the lyrics to make an english translation of their meaning to fit the melody and/or rythym.

What I would recommend is hunting down the instrumental version. I don't know where or what it's from, but I once found a version without any lyrics at all. It's identical to the music from the end of the movie version of Mac+, but has a solo cello part replacing Myung's voice. In my opinion, it's one of the most beautiful pieces of music I've ever heard. If anyone knows where it's from I'd like to know, but I'd also be willing to send it out to people if they want to hear it.

I like the song, it's purty. ;)

Not the lyrics to the English version, but I like the singing.

As for the cello version, you can find that on the "Macross Plus Original Soundtrack Plus: For Fans Only" CD. It should be track 8 and is a bit longer than the other versions of Voices. The final track on the CD is the acapella version (I think that's what it's called)... The version of Voices where it is just solo singing without instruments.

Heh-heh, I got an original of that CD which I'm proud to own, since it took me a lot of searching to find that one. Not a SM, not an Everanime, but an original! :D

There is an mp3 of it floating around out there somewhere, i used to have it so someone else must have it

I have an MP3 of teh english version and its horrid... its a rip from the end of the OVA and its not very clear and you have the YF-19 engine noise in the background.

I agree the english version really makes no sense, but I would still like to have a "clear" version for the sake of having one.

I have it. With out the thrust noise from the YF-19. I just have to upload it to my computer. And if I can find a host...::looks too dna, and batts eyelashes seductivly:: :p .....I can post it.That or send via AIM, or yahoo. Sorry dont have messanger. :(

Don't like the lyrics in the english version but you like the singing......(psst, there's a Japanese version) !

I like the lyrics. Although you ar right. They make no sense. But hell. When have I ever needed something to make sense for me too like? :lol:

None that I know. I had to edit my own. I used my minidis player to record half of the song from part 3 and the other half from the end of part 4. I then edited them together to blend in perfectly IMHO. I would have just did a rip from the end of part 4, but you get the yf-19's thruster blast in the background....which annoyed me.

any chance you'd share your concoction? I'd love to hear it.

EDIT----

woops missed your post above, hrmm... how big is the file? e-mail maybe?

Edited by Southcross

I have a version without any jet sounds from way back - 1997. Download this, and rename from .txt to .mp3 I'm only leaving it up for a few days, because I don't want to upset my webhost.

Voices Dub

woohooo!!! you rock, can't wait till I get home from work

I have a version without any jet sounds from way back - 1997.  Download this, and rename from .txt to .mp3  I'm only leaving it up for a few days, because I don't want to upset my webhost.

Voices Dub

YAY!!!Thanks Pat!Now I don't have to look for my copy, to try and host! :):p;)

I have a version without any jet sounds from way back - 1997.  Download this, and rename from .txt to .mp3  I'm only leaving it up for a few days, because I don't want to upset my webhost.

Voices Dub

depending on the size I might be able to host it for a while.... the other problem is how to get it from you ;) not like I'm just going to give the FTP login to my website to just about anyone ;) to bad I can't set up an "upload" ftp area or something.

Voices Dub

depending on the size I might be able to host it for a while.... the other problem is how to get it from you ;) not like I'm just going to give the FTP login to my website to just about anyone ;) to bad I can't set up an "upload" ftp area or something.

I would e-mail to you. But I can't It's too big/wont load. I can upload it to your server. But tahst your call. Unless dna will let me host that song on his server, like my love drifts away flashback version. But thats up to him. If you have AIM or yahoo I.M I can send it thru that for you.But other then that, I don't know how to get it to you.

Voices Dub

I would e-mail to you. But I can't It's too big/wont load. I can upload it to your server. But tahst your call. Unless dna will let me host that song on his server, like my love drifts away flashback version. But thats up to him. If you have AIM or yahoo I.M I can send it thru that for you.But other then that, I don't know how to get it to you.

:reads message: crap.... :reads a little farther: hrmmm.... crap.... :reads even farther: AIM... LOL :lol: AOHell :lol: brings back memories.... CRAP... well CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP lol :lol:

I'll see if I can setup a HTML upload page on my site. not sure if Crack'cast will support it or not... :scratch head: let me see what I can come up with.

Voices Dub

:reads message: crap.... :reads a little farther: hrmmm.... crap.... :reads even farther: AIM... LOL :lol: AOHell :lol: brings back memories.... CRAP... well CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP lol :lol:

I'll see if I can setup a HTML upload page on my site. not sure if Crack'cast will support it or not... :scratch head: let me see what I can come up with.

Well there always Yahoo messanger my friend. That or just download aim, install. i'll send the song over, then when you get it. uninstall aim. ;) Also. I'll keep my fingers crossed on your attempt to make a HTML upload page, so I can upload to you. :)

I'm actually going to have to agree with Keith here. I don't see how this version is any different from the Japanese one, except that it's Engrishy and makes no sense. Not so sure if that makes it "nicer" than the original.

Here it is. Though my script is misbehaving. Won't take my CHMOD to let it write a count file... :( but it will let you download it. Quality is so-so.

EDIT: There managed to jumpstart my d/l counter script.

Edited by dna

i have a copy, its really nice quality, i can't post it but if anyone wants it, just IM me on AIM and i'll transfter it to you.

aim name : KINGNOR

****edit* nevermind, it has the jet noise *edit*****

Edited by KingNor

Here it is. Though my script is misbehaving. Won't take my CHMOD to let it write a count file... :( but it will let you download it. Quality is so-so.

EDIT: There managed to jumpstart my d/l counter script.

Hey dna. My version is clear. Is it o.kay if I upload it to the server and you can host it?I still have the address and password...Unless it's been changed.Thanks. :)

Voices Dub

OK, I have a FTP server up and running. I have copied PatS's dub to my server. here is a link, please try it just to make sure it works for you (i.e. it works for me and I need others to test it...)

mplus -voices-dub.mp3

If you (anyone) want me to host any files please PM me for a username and password. I periodically will have to go and update links with new IPs if Comcast's DHCP server changes my broadband IP.

Edited by Southcross