Spiderzilla!

Limbo

The Spidey's not bad looking, but those horrible thight joints. Jeez!

Yeah, it's the only weak point on what I consider to be a pretty perfect toy...

I'm guessing the designers must have thought the toy needed such joints to enable Spidey to stand and pose. Because every other joint (and there are so many) is awesome and completely flexible.

But the sculpt just plain rocks.

The Spidey's not bad looking, but those horrible thight joints. Jeez!

Yeah, it's the only weak point on what I consider to be a pretty perfect toy...

I'm guessing the designers must have thought the toy needed such joints to enable Spidey to stand and pose. Because every other joint (and there are so many) is awesome and completely flexible.

But the sculpt just plain rocks.

I couldn't agree with you more.

Now that's what I want. A black costumed Mcfarlane style spiderman with 67 points of articulation!! that would be phat!!! :p:D:lol:

The spider symbol on the front is too big on the black costume such that if you were to super pose him, the symbol would get distorted...

vinnie

Nah... it's just like the symbol on Spidey's back... no real distortion, just a bit of adjusting, as if the fabric was stretching the image a bit out of proportion. They did a fine job with the 5" Black Costume super poseable from a few years back.

They should just make it like him... except bigger. Much, much, much bigger.

Note the scale reference behind my black spidey below.

post-26-1081290857_thumb.jpg

I don't see it. The three sections that forms the abs and chest would make it look weird and not in a distorted clothing way. However, even weirder would be the back when he's hunched over because the spider symbol on the back would be... stretch out... Mind you I love the black outfit way better than the standard one...

vinnie

I see your point... but even the current Spider-zilla has that problem. The bottom of the center two legs on the spider-symbol can be "moved out of line" on two different chest pieces. But it doesn't really bother me.

Basically, like the current toy, the front and back would look "perfect" in one position and "not quite right" in more bent over/bent back or twisted chest positions.

Wouldn't bother me a bit... but I kinda expect these sorts of things with highly articulated action figures.

To be honest, the same argument could be made about the current Spideyzilla and the shoulder and wrist rotating and disaligning the webs and blue underarm... at least that wouldn't be a problem with the black suit.

Basically, I'm not trying to disagree with ya, brother Vinnie - I'm just saying it wouldn't be any worse than the current toy... which is fine by me.

That and any excuse to use my new digital camera is good to me! ;)

This thing's awesome. But has anyone noticed any whitening of the plastic? My left pec and left hand show signs of stress.

Found mine at North Van. Wal-mart. Angel's Fury and Cube go check it out. They had six, so they should have 5 left. Look up top in the action figure aisle. Only 29.92CDN.

If only everything else were so reasonably priced.

This thing's awesome. But has anyone noticed any whitening of the plastic? My left pec and left hand show signs of stress.

Found mine at North Van. Wal-mart. Angel's Fury and Cube go check it out. They had six, so they should have 5 left. Look up top in the action figure aisle. Only 29.92CDN.

If only everything else were so reasonably priced.

ah. hwo much is 29 dollars candain?

• 2 weeks later...

Just got mine today and your're right Blaine23, it it COOL!!! Thanks for the tip. I bought mine at a local toysrus, but it's cost was CDN$39.99. They had 5, now it's 4. As for the whitening of the plastic/signs of stress on my toy, nothing so far. Solid as a rock!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Damn!!! Somebody had to keep this thread alive!!!

Well, they still sell them at Wallmart! I couldn't help myself from buying more :)

Dat: The only hard part about the black costume would be to sand down all of the web markings that stick out from the suit, and I think that you would have red showing between the joints, and unless you had some super tough paint, it would scratch off during movement.

Edited by Pat S

The only hard part about the black costume would be to sand down all of the web markings that stick out from the suit, and I think that you would have red showing between the joints, and unless you had some super tough paint, it would scratch off during movement.

yeah i figured as much....you'd have to sand down just about everything though, just noticed all the scaling on the dark blue parts of the figure

oh well....it was just wishful thinking anyways :rolleyes:

Wow, i found this GIANT Spidey at my local Target on Clearence!! :p

Only $9.99!!!

Damn he is sooooo big.

My wife saw it, and because it was so cheap she wanted me to go back and buy another one for her!

Awesome, just awesome this figure is!

And you can't beat the price!

Here are some pics, with Spidey doing the Hawaii surfing pose!

Shaka brahda!!!!!

WHOOOO!!!

spideyfriends.JPG

i wonder if the figure could be modded to look like it has the black symbiot costume spidey had it'd be so friggin' cool to have a spiderman figure that possable with the symbiot costume :D

:lol: That would be so cool, i would also like to see a Scarlet Spider version of that possable