does yamato really listen/read mw forums on toys?

calvin

I wouldn't call it any sort of "aggressive" reconnaisance, but you can almost bank that they have someone make a pass through these boards once in every great while (or as I speculate: anytime Graham points something out to them that may be of interest or concern)

In fact, I believe in years past we've discovered for a fact that they DO look here every now and then.

It has been pointed out that Yamato does listen to the boards in the past but I am not sure if they still do. Graham is at least a voice for us when he talks to Yamato. I doubt we have much influence, though, since Japan is Yamato's only market. I also doubt Yamato has any idea of how many toys are exported nor does anyone.

In fact, I believe in years past we've discovered for a fact that they DO look here every now and then.

Examples? :huh:

When the Hikaru 1/60 VF-1A came out, a lot of us here bitched that it was too white. Ever since then, every Valkyrie they've released has been a dull gray version of white. There was also the case of the dragging 1/60 gunpod, which Yamato remedied with a collapsing handle.

Of course, it's possible that Japanese fans were bitching about the same things, and Yamato's responded to their cries instead of ours.

I have a feeling they may occasionally troll through here just to make sure their secrets aren't leaked. As to whether they come here to listen to our criticism and input, well, that's debatable.

Then again, It was mentioned in another forum that there's really no comparable "one-stop-shop" for Macross fandom in Japanese, and we do get quite a few Japanese in the forums apparently, so who knows?

I have a feeling they may occasionally troll through here just to make sure their secrets aren't leaked.  As to whether they come here to listen to our criticism and input, well, that's debatable.

Then again, It was mentioned in another forum that there's really no comparable "one-stop-shop" for Macross fandom in Japanese, and we do get quite a few Japanese in the forums apparently, so who knows?

Exactly, and why have they suddently become interested with Anasazi's 1/48 Minmay Guard Strike custom, right? Do they plan to make one just like it? Who knows!

I have a feeling they may occasionally troll through here just to make sure their secrets aren't leaked.  As to whether they come here to listen to our criticism and input, well, that's debatable.

I think the logical progression is something like this:

10 Yamato reads 2ch Japan forums.

20 Yamato sees information about new toy leaked!

30 Yamato panics!

40 Yamato calms down and reads more.

50 Yamato finds that information came from MW.

60 Yamato proceeds to scold MW and Graham.

70 Goto 10

30 Yamato panics!

70 Goto 10

I say who the heck does the toy leaking?! #60 shouldn't have happened if nothing was going on.

30 Yamato panics!

70 Goto 10

I say who the heck does the toy leaking?! #60 shouldn't have happened if nothing was going on.

Mebbe you weren't around for Emiko's infamous list then.

Examples? :huh:

When the Hikaru 1/60 VF-1A came out, a lot of us here bitched that it was too white. Ever since then, every Valkyrie they've released has been a dull gray version of white. There was also the case of the dragging 1/60 gunpod, which Yamato remedied with a collapsing handle.

Of course, it's possible that Japanese fans were bitching about the same things, and Yamato's responded to their cries instead of ours.

We also pointed out the floppy backpacks of the first 1/60's. I remember Graham discussing this with Yamato and they didn't realize fans who be doing barrel rolls in fighter mode. The next 1/60 release, the backpack was fixed.

With all the whinning and bitching ocurring everyday I hope not cause the poor guy in charge of reading this board would surely get depressed and shoot himself. :lol::p

I´m quite sure Yamato used to pay attention to these boards in the veeeery long past , but nowadays I think they´ve preferred to ignore us , meaming they have (to my conclusion , i could be very wrong) limited the info they pass onto Graham or anyone else with access to Yamato´s secrets so we don´t start speculating and guessing what could actually be in their plans.

When was the last time we got a scoop ahead of anyone else anyway ?

I feel nowadays we´re passing through a drought of info as the only info or fotos we get now is throught hobby magazines.

This is not to say Graham holds any responsability over this situation , on the contrary , it is obvious that is Yamato who´s limiting the info that is eventually revealed to the public and since that close relationship has slowly dissipated in time it is obvious that they don´t feel the need to go through these boards anymore , specially when we don´t prsent any relevancy in their incomes as they real market is Japan.

With all the whinning and bitching ocurring everyday I hope not cause the poor guy in charge of reading this board would surely get depressed and shoot himself. :lol::p

I´m quite sure Yamato used to pay attention to these boards in the veeeery long past , but nowadays I think they´ve preferred to ignore us , meaming they have (to my conclusion , i could be very wrong) limited the info they pass onto Graham or anyone else with access to Yamato´s secrets so we don´t start speculating and guessing what could actually be in their plans.

When was the last time we got a scoop ahead of anyone else anyway ?

I feel nowadays we´re passing through a drought of info as the only info or fotos we get now is throught hobby magazines.

This is not to say Graham holds any responsability over this situation , on the contrary , it is obvious that is Yamato who´s limiting the info that is eventually revealed to the public and since that close relationship has slowly dissipated in time it is obvious that they don´t feel the need to go through these boards anymore , specially when we don´t prsent any relevancy in their incomes as they real market is Japan.

For Aegis!, the glass is half empty (and deserves to be completely empty, for that matter)

From what I observe the forums tend to work 3 ways

1-some overtly bitch

2-some worship Yamato like GOd and thinkk anything they make is like gold

3-some constructively criticize.

With that in mind I think its good to criticize...certainly not too much...and certinaly not none at all. Being happy with flaws equates to the company not knowing what the hell is going wrong and being contempt with making stuff that people will blindly buy. Bitching isn't good because the company for the most part won't even look at it. NOw criticism in a formal, respectful manner does deserve and usually gets attention.

There is a very thin line between the 3. Granted there are a lot of things I do not agree with and vocally say on these forums about but I try to undertsand what market nad such they are marketing to. I don't think the Yamato CEO would kill himself over reading this board, if anything some people on this board just get so sensitive that they take criticism on a toy as a personal attack at times. I think the Yamato CEO would just take what was useful from the posts he reads, and disregard the rest.

Since yamato is a growing company I think they are just cautious of spreading more info out or timing it better. Remember graham said the japanese fans would make another fit if the qrau review was posted before it was officially released.