Question

Oihan

I don't know if this has been asked before, I did a search for it and couldn't find it. I know I asked about your guys' favorite "Minmay" song.... Now I'm curious as to what your guys' favorite Macross songs/pieces are and why if you'd like to elaborate.

I have a few here in no particular order:

• Dogfighter (DYRL)
    Angel's Paints (MFB)
    Ark of Alus (MII)
    Futari (MII)
    Kizuna (MII)
    Pulse (M+)
    Myung Theme (M+)
    After, In The Dark - Torch Song (M+)
    Prayer (M0)

After, In The Dark - Torch Song cause I just find it amazing.... Angel's Paints...tis a great song imo. Ark of Alus, Futari, Kizuna, Myung Theme, and Prayer cause I love the melodies and everything about those BGMs. Dogfighter cause I LOVE the guitar playing.

Mods: If this has been done before or is deemed spam or whatever...delete away <_<

Information High and Voices from - M+

Mouichido, Love you - MII

ai, oboeteimasuka - DYRL

tenshi no enogu - FB2012

Macross OP - SDF:Macross

Planet Dance - M7

There's nothing really notable in MZero. I suppose that's because of the lack of vocals, except for those weird ones in different languages. Still, for weirdo songs in different languages, M+ is all you really need.

Watashi No Kare Wa Pailoto, Shao pai Long, 0-G Love, Sunset Beach, Silver Moon Red Moon, Tenshi No Enogu, DYRL bgms (Everlasting/Eternal Love, Before The Battle, Love Moment, Teenage Dream..), Macross, Runner.. so on so on... Strange enough, Ai, Oboete Imasu Ka? not in my list.. hah :p

Listening to Runner reminds me of childhood memory :)

-Ai Wa Nagareru - TV

-Tenshi no Enogu - DYRL

-Runner (Duet Version) - Flash Back 2012

-Wanna Be An Angel - Plus

-Totsugeki Love Heart - 7

-Angel Voice/Wild Life - Dynamite

-Get Free - VFX 2

-Sara's (not sure what the title is) song - Zero

-Yakusoku (ending theme to 6th episode in II) - Macross II

-20th Anniversary version of Tenshi no Enogu - Other

Edited by Keith

An Angel's Paint from 'DYRL?'/'Flashback 2012' is probably my favourite Macross song.

Do You Remember Love?

Information High is definitely my favourite Sharon Apple song.

Totsugeki Love Heart is Definitely way up there.

Sento Kaishi is hands down my favourite piece of music from Macross II.

Of course there's tons of great music in Macross, so it was difficult keeping it to just five choices, but I didn't want to just list nearly every Macross song in existence. Depending on my mood, my tastes can swing more towards the instrumental works (where DYRL? tends to dominate, I absolutely love the redone takes on 'Dog Fighter' that appear in several tracks in the movie), or I might be on a Fire Bomber kick and only listening to anything done by Humming Bird (and the opening track from M3. Don't know who that's by off hand, but 'Bring it On' is a great song).

An Angel's Paint is definitely my favourite Minmay song, though Do You Remember Love? is a solid second, and Love Drifts Away follws up in third. I'm a sucker for the classics, and I'll take Minmay over Sharon any day of the week, though it really depends on my mood when it comes between Minmay and Fire Bomber. They're just so far apart on the musical spectrum that it becomes the apples and oranges argument.

I'm suprised the BGM from Macross II wasn't used more in Macross 7, only the pop music. The pop music was ok, catchy but overall leave it or take it. The BGM on the other hand was most excellent. It was no surprise to me when I discovered that the guy that did it also did the BGM for Tenchi, which I also enjoyed. I can't help but only recall the good parts of MII whenever I hear Sento Kaishi playing, the music from when the Macross Cannons were deployed (I spent years trying to track down that music, longer than I've ever searched for any other song).

I really don't know how I feel about Macross Zero's soundtrack. I mean, whenever I'm actually listening to the music, I'm really enjoying it. The battle music, the Life Song, good stuff...but then when it's not playing...it's difficult for me to recall. Is it possible for music to be good, yet not very memorable? Maybe it's just that it's good, but not exceptional, and Macross is built on a long history of exceptional music.

Counter Clockwise is great music, but compared to Dog Fighter(the original), Dog Fight (the Guld/Isamu showdown music from the M+ Movie Edition), or even the battle music from MII...it just loses it's shine somehow.

The Life Song is another great song, but compared to any other Macross vocals, it just can't compete. I'll take Minmay, Sharon/Myung, or Fire Bomber over that anytime. It's not even catchy like the Macross II pop songs that remain some of my guilty pleasures.

Maybe the music will grow on me...but seriously, since when has Macross music needed time to grow on someone?

My most memorable and favourite Macross song would be Xiao Pai Long. Ya know why? That's the song that got stuck in my head when I played the NES version of Macross ages ago before I watched Robotech about 2 years later and then SDF Macross another 2 years after that. Its nostalgic.

2nd would be DYRL and then followed by the M7 songs...most of all HOLY LONELY NIGHT!!!

Geez, where to start. Basically, everything Yoko Kanno's done, followed by all Mylene's tracks from the various Macross 7 works. But, if I had to rate my absolute, top 5 favourites:

Santi-U ~ Torch Song (from the Macross Plus "Fan's Only" soundtrack)

Wanna Be An Angel (same source as above)

Love It (from "Let's Fire!")

An Angel's Paints (from DYRL Soundtrack)

Pulse (from Macross Plus volume 2)

Does anyone know the name of the song that is sung in Mac 0 when the end credits play? I bought the 0 soundtrack hoping that is was going to be on it, but it wasn't. :(

BTW my fav's are

ai, oboeteimasuka

Counter Clockwise

After in the Dark~ Torch Song

Wanna be an Angel

Dog Fight

Angels Paint

Arkan

Heart and Soul

Pulse

Life Song

Macross National Anthem