Saint Seiya Saint Cloth Myth

Golgoth 13

Awesome! :)

I don't know if you can swap out the necks for Shaka to use on the bust. If you can, you probably have to dismantle the figure's body, something I'd be too scared to do. :p I get edgy just popping the head off. lol

Yeah, Aldebaran is badass. He really grew on me. I feel bad for leaving him in storage when I moved. :p One of my favorite characters to use in the fighting game on PS2. You can feel the power when he does a three hit combo and sends his opponent flying, or just body-slams them, or palm strikes them. :)

The body is very easy to take apart. All there is is a few screws on the back. You won't break thing...except the Final Seiya. His tummy got busted on its own on display LOL. Though looks like he is the only one that cracks on its own. The problem seems to be addressed on later release.

u mean the final seiya figure or the bust? My figure seems to be in good shape so far, and i dont think u need to disassemble him anyway, since his more modern design supports the newer swappable heads.

i took the plunge last night and swapped necks on Shaka; Works fine :)

Final Bronze Seiya (not the Appendix) figure had the issue of the red tummy crack on its own, due to weak plastic and faulty design. The belly will have stress marks from the inside, eventually spread out until you see from outside. It may not totally fall apart, but still a jarring effect regardless. Even the ones that were mint in sealed box has this issue, so has nothing to do with playing it rough. Mine just crack on its own on display. This has been a known issue, and happen to a lot of owners. Shiryu doesn't have this issue. Not sure if any 2nd batch Seiya had this problem fixed.

I'm hoping the later batches were fixed, because I got mine around the same time as Scream Man. My Seiya doesn't seem to have any stress marks on the belly. Had me worried there... :p

Oh and... SIREN SORRENTO! :D

IPB Image

I would have preferred him with the manga colored hair, pink, rather than the blue-ish from the anime. But I'm still going to get him.

i got the Shakka appendix, and yes its a more orange colour. Im not to bothered by it though, i think he looks fine witht he head and helmet from the appendix.

As for my opinion of it overall....they cost a lot for what u get. id say unless its a MASSIVE improvment in the figure dont grab em. or if u do, get em cheap.

yah, doesn't really match, gold saints should be gold color with orange accents, mariners should be mostly orange or like a brownish orange color.

I got mine for $20 each, which I didn't think was that bad...but these really should be like $10-$12 considering a full figure is only $45-$50.

Ok, so as payday comes up again, I can afford more seiyas. Now i have 6 gold saints left to get as well as the 3 judges and 3 of the bronze saints. and that doesnt include Pandora, Shion or appendixes, as well as the upcoming SHion figure.

What are your thoughts folks? the golds I need are Leo, Aries, Sagitarius, Libra, Scorpio and Pisces.

Im leaning towards getting Aries, Sagitarius and Scorpio...

The best sculpted of the golds are in this order:

Aries, Pisces, Scorpio, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius.

I'm especially glad I got Pisces Aphrodite ever since reading SS Lost Canvas and seeing his previous incarnation, Pisces Albafica. Total badass.

Aries Mu is a good figure, you get two sets of over-the-shoulder horns for the anime or manga look, and you get a metal hammer and chisel. He actually looks good with or without the helmet.

Sagittarius Aiolos is good primarily for the armor and being able to put it on Seiya. The figure doesn't look like Aiolos. :p You don't get a cape with him either, since he has wings. To get a cape you need to get the Pope Shion figure that comes with the 12 stands for the gold saints, and Aiolos' cape (which he can't use if he's got the wings).

Scorpio Milo is sculpted pretty good. Some things are off, but he looks good. Lots of metal parts on his armor if I recall correctly. He's a good figure.

Actually, looking at Aiola, i was debating trying to modify it in some way. The primary problem seems to be the head sculpt, and his head is very similar to that of Seiya, so I mightbe able to modify the Seiya head it coems with to look a little better, or pick up the appendix and use one of THOSE Seiya heads repainted. That should tide me over till the Appendix for him comes.

• 2 weeks later...

well, today I scored a Lionet Ban, the bronze saint who never says a line in the show, and yet is one of the first 2 saints we see in armour!

He's far from the best, but he is one of the better bronze saints, not counting the lead 5. The armou colour is nice, the body is slightly larger which helps him look different, and the big shoulderpads is cool. In my own little Seiya world, he is the lietenant of Aiolia (Leo Minor being the constellation his cloth is from)

Remember to be very careful with Shiryu's Cloth. That paint rubs off really easily. In fact if you put the head-piece on him, I suggest not taking it off... My Shiryu has a bluish-green paint smear on his face from where the paint rubbed off. :(

Oh HELL YEAH! Sorrento! :D

The paint RUBS off? I heard it had some issues with chipping, but i didnt realise thepaint would rub off on CONTACT! thats annoying.

hes a cool fig, but not as cool as Id hoped. The flaps of his skirt fall off if u glance at them and if this paint thing is true Ill be bummed :( I did notic e i had some chipping on the headpiece but wasnt to worried about it.

That said the way the claws join the shoulderpads on is very cool, and his sheild looks great. i ended up blu-takking parts of his armour together.

In fact Ive been debating supergluing certain armour parts on certain chracters together. About all that it will mean is i cant put them ontop their objects, which i never do anyway.

that looks pretty sweet! How do u make em?

As for Surplice capes, I think they had a cloak that went all the way over them, but thats about it from what I remember.

I bought them from a Saint Cloth Myth fan in HK.

Nice. They look good. Did u get similar ones for the gold saints?

Yes, except for Sagittarius, those are tailor made for different charactor according to their height & cloth design.

Kanon was actually wearing the cape I got for... I can't remember :p