Saint Seiya Saint Cloth Myth

Golgoth 13

Lately they've been releasing once a month or every two months. I think. Next up is Surplice Aries Shion, with Siren Sorrento supposedly in June. But since I haven't seen pics of Sorrento, I'm not holding my breath, since Ophiucus Shaina (Silver Saint Amazon) was supposed to be released in november two years ago, but got replaced by Jabu and Ichi.

Krakken Isaac kicks ass, but as mpchi said, Sea Dragon Kanon is more important, plus he gets more screen time. And you can put the Gemini Cloth on him. I think? Haven't tried it yet. Kanon and Saga belong to my wife and I don't dare touch them. :p:lol: Either that or you can exchange heads.

Lately they've been releasing once a month or every two months. I think. Next up is Surplice Aries Shion, with Siren Sorrento supposedly in June. But since I haven't seen pics of Sorrento, I'm not holding my breath, since Ophiucus Shaina (Silver Saint Amazon) was supposed to be released in november two years ago, but got replaced by Jabu and Ichi.

Krakken Isaac kicks ass, but as mpchi said, Sea Dragon Kanon is more important, plus he gets more screen time. And you can put the Gemini Cloth on him. I think? Haven't tried it yet. Kanon and Saga belong to my wife and I don't dare touch them. :p:lol: Either that or you can exchange heads.

Very cool that even your wife is into it. I grew up watching this show, but not my girlfriend. Every once in a while, I showed her some of my "Gold Guys". She is not that interested, but at least she humored me when I asked her which one she thinks look nicer. :p

I think the Seiya Myth line finally picked up, with the version 3 body. Like Kanon, while there is still minor flaws like the extra hair piece tend to fall off, and the chest can get scratched easy by the shoulder armor. But the figure overall is much more secure to handle. Very sturdy joints and improved articulations. Unfortunately, most of my favorite characters are already out, without the glory of having the version 3 body.....sigh. While all that can be done to them is the 'cut & paste' remedy with the Appendix parts.

Heh, you have no idea how much she's into Saint Seiya. She's had doujinshi published in Japan. She's a BIG Gemini fan.

I know what you mean about most of the favorite characters being out. I have most of my favorites already.

Although, I'm waiting on Surplice Aries Shion (need that armor!). I'm waiting eagerly for Siren Sorrento, one of my favorite characters and one of my favorite armors. After those two it's just a matter of getting Ophiucus Shaina, Eagle Marine, and Chameleon June (I hope they go easy on the clown-ish colors from the anime for June, I'd prefer all silver like the Sacred Saga Chinese fan-art). I also hope their bodies are well done, unlike the craptastic body that Pandora has.

The version 1 body that Shaka has is horrible. I can't count the number of times his legs have popped off because of the cross-legged lotus position we'd pose him in. Then again I accidentally ripped v2-body Seiya's arm off while posing him... :lol: Turned it too far in one direction and POP. Went back in just fine thankfully. Still poseable as hell too.

Im so hooked. I wish I hadnt just used a bunch of money on getting Macross stuff recently. I want to start buying the dvds too, though it seems my only choice is to get the chinese version with dodgy subs.

better than nothing though.

man, the guy I bought off on ebay is being a pain,claiming its going to cost more than what he quoted, and what I already paid, and asking for more money. And because he's in Spain, there is a language barrier involved.

Bloody ebay....

Well, those 2 figures arrived and i also grabbed Capricorn today!

Jabu - is really cool. His helmet and headpiece thing both look great, and his facial expression is just awesome. not as cool as Seiya, but a pretty cool figure.

Ichi - is ok. I basically got him coz the auction was 2 for 1. hes not BAD, but hes not AWESOME.

Shura - A nice toy, and again both headpieces look cool. The upper armbands make him unable to put his ar,s down properly, which is a shame. overall though, he looks very impressive. The new style bodies only really bother me at the wrists and the feet; the wrists have no tilts, and the feet are very very loose.

Yep. Im hooked. Gimme more!

Shura's awesome, except his crossed eyes, unless they corrected it after the initial release. :p

This is one pose I like:

IPB Image

Although I usually just pose him with his right arm crossed in front of his chest with his arm pointed at an angle upwards, with the hand for Excalibur.

I can't wait for a Surplice Capricorn Shura! :D The awesome dark Capricorn Cloth with a newer type body for Shura (better poseability with the arms, since the shoulders stick out more from the armor, and the tilt wrists that the old Shura lacks). And an even better head and fair sculpt! He should look like this:

IPB Image

i dunno if Ill get the dark versions of the saints. First off i have a huge backlog to collect anyway! Second, I have always leaned more towards the 'good' characters than the 'bad' ones. HWile i realise this is a grey area in this series, Ill still probably just stick to the 'heroes.' the 12 gold saints, the main and minor bronze saints etc.

That said i do want the poseidon characters, so Im not immune to being contradictory about this issue ;)

Oh, and my Capricorns eyes dont seem to be crosseyed as far as i can tell.

I like Shura, other than his face & eye disease. The surplice cloth details doesn't look as nice as the gold version, but having a 3rd generation body and a much nicer head sure is tempting. Since Shion is on his way, it won't be too far off that the othe surplice gold saints will be on their way.

• 2 weeks later...

Surplice Aries Shion/Renegade Aries Shion

Hot damn that armor looks good. I prefer the Pope sculpt for his face better though from these pics. I guess I'll just pick it up for the new body and armor, then swap the heads.

IPB Image

Ooh! Nice. Just what I wanted to see, a nicer shot of Shion without helmet on. Yeah, I agree that the older Pope head sculpt look better, though this one looks more mean and the slanted eyes go well with helmet on. Very nice! This one is going into my collection for sure. And good to know that Appendix part 2 design phase has started. Looks like Shun and Aiolia might be part of whats coming next, as there are sketches shown in that pic there.

Edited by mpchi

Yeah. The Gemini Appendix is kind of redundant, especially if they are going to do the Surplice Gemini somewhere down the line, then we'll get another good head sculpt of him too. Whats the point of having 5-6 versions of heads of his, when a lot of the other Gold Saints need more help. Funky planning from Bandai on that one...

Saga and Kanon are really popular in Japan. Like, popular to the point that a lot of shops sold out of them on pre-orders alone. It's no great surprise to me that they put an appendix out of them.

Bandai definitely needs to bring out Aiolia. No big surprise on Shun being made into an appendix either, what with what's been going on in the tv series lately. Camus needs a new head badly too. And I wouldn't be adverse to a Capricorn Shura so I can have a decent head with the Gold mask (I hate that helmet beyond words).

Shura's helmet is not that bad in terms of design, just that it wasn't sculpt right on the toy, and a bit oversized. If they can pull off one very form fitting like Rhadamantis's Appendix, and with a bit of evil look, Shura can look good with that helmet. Though I do prefer the mask a bit more, regardless of not being anime accurate.

This whole Appendix thing is going to be a loooong wait, with Bandai taking their time and adding characters inbetween in each releases that doesn't really need a new head. For Shun, I don't see him needing a new head either, given the upcoming Hades Set already give you 2 new evil head... Guess its all about making money, I suppose. And I still wonder what happened to the 'original sculptor' of all the bad heads/body. Did he get laid off and be stuck with a bad reputation or something? Very curious. Though Bandai probably should thank him/her, now that they can even make more money out of this 'mishap'. And again. Its all about the money...LOL :D

Edited by mpchi

As i say, Shun will hopefully getr us better shoulder armour, since the pics ive seen make it look to be sitting to low on his arms.

i dont Mind Shuras head either, but i can see how it would bug fans of the character more.

i just dont want them to slow down on the regular figures to make the Appendixes. The more I see of the Asgard armours, the more i really want an Odin figure with the cool sword...

Well, I just plain old hate the Capricorn TV series helmet, they should have stuck with the mask from the manga. :p The mask is so much cooler! That's another reason why I love the look of his Surplice in the anime, it's got the mask on top of looking totally badass.

I really want a new Shura head sculpt, because I know that a new sculpt would look just like in the anime, and blow the old sculpt away.

To be honest, I'm kind of greatful Bandai is taking it slow. With all the Star Wars stuff this year (and I'm anticipating a brand new valkyrie after the sv-51 to save for), my wallet is going to be hurting.

Heheheh, well I have the advantage that I've got most of the characters I want already and am just waiting on a few... well more than a few more. :p

Basically I'm waiting for:

-Siren Sorrento

-Surplice Capricorn Shura

-Ophiucus Shaina

-Chameleon June

-Eagle Marine

-maybe the kamui armors...

The Kamui armours?

I want the 12 gold saints, all the bronze saints currently released, and any silver one that catches my eye. Also, so far as i have seen i like the look of all the Asgardian armours.

lordy, Linda is gonna kill me......

"I sense a fierce destructive cosmos...like someone back for revenge from the fiery hell."

Finally got the Ikki. Fitment is good in terms of tightness, but the mask not very centered due to the hair design sculpted on the left side of the face. The left knee armor also a bit off in terms of positioning. Top piece sits a lot higher than the right knee. And of course, the high shoulder armors. And finally, we get a Bronze Saint with a one-piece diecast lower leg armor/shin guard. Told you they can do it with ease...those freaking designers cutting corners! So overall, a very nice figure, but a few misses on the actual toy design. And Ikki does look very pale. Don't know why they choose such light paint either, when he is one of the darker skin tone character.

On mine particularly, while most parts have very nice finish, I got a lot of bubbles on the left shoulder, as well as the toes on both feet are reversed, meaning a left toe on right feet, and a right toe on left LOL. Guess I haven't been very lucky on my Bronze Saints overall (with Hyoga the only exception). Shiryu's freaking hair, skirt armor, and the flaking on the head piece, Seiya's mole on the cheek and busted belly, Shun's scratches and a misaligned lower right leg armor, now Ikki's bubblicious shoulder. Guess the fiery hell is a little too much for that shoulder piece. :D

Kamui = Cloths for the Gods, like Athena's, Poseidon's, Hades', Odin Rope...etc. Though don't remember they used that term in the anime TV or OVA. Only read it from the wikipedia. Was that term from the manga?

Edited by mpchi

Kamui = Cloths for the Gods, like Athena's, Poseidon's, Hades', Odin Rope...etc. Though don't remember they used that term in the anime TV or OVA. Only read it from the wikipedia. Was that term from the manga?

If I remember right, that should be "kamei", not "kamui". :p

No, "kamui" is correct. :)

That's too bad about your luck with the Bronzes mpuchi! My Shiryu v3's hair keeps going splodey and it annoys me. I also have the paint that comes off too damned easily.

When I draw Saint Seiya stuff, I use whatever I can find for reference pics. Anime screencaps, manga, the Saint Seiya Encyclopedia (in Japanese), even the myth cloth figures. There are armor references in the backs of a lot of the Saint Seiya manga volumes.

About Ikki's reversed toes, I later realized that all of them are like that, after examining a bunch of pics from various source. Its really odd, with the toes all bending out the wrong way when you look at the feet from a top-down view. Oh well. Another common thing I found is the belt buckle. It a bit crooked, and also appeared in pretty much all the ones I see online as well. While Ikki still looks good with all these, it really look like the design/engineering part has quite a few misses that they couldn't even fix or spot, until the thing is already on store shelves.