anime on DVD

MSW

What anime shows/OVA/films do you want to see on DVD that haven't been released yet?

I would love to see Cho Kosoku Galvion get the complete DVD release (as well as Dorvack) but it keeps getting overlooked even in Japan...I'm no Transformer fan, but cars and trucks that transform into robots are awsome (as cheesy as they often are)....The various mecha from Galvion, the caliber from Dorvack and Diamos all are great...but Galvion takes the cake for haveing some of the coolest designs :D ...but no DVD release :(

Mighty Orbots is another...not exactly anime as it was developed for American saturday morning TV...it only ran one season, 12 halfhour episodes...a nice little 2 disc set would be awsome!

D-1 Devistator is another...car transforms into robot...tiny 2 episode OVA from around 1992 (Masami Oobari worked on it)...needs a DVD release.

Why can't one of these DVD companies release these...I'm not asking for some big heavy advertised release....just a subtitled version (doesn't even need extras) available only through online sales would be cool...There are companies already out there that do this with hentai titles...so what is stopping ADV or Pioneer from doing something simular with shows like Galvion that arn't likely to sell in big numbers?

Man I could go on and on about why haven't these hundreds of Giant robot shows been releases but I know why

1. They are OLD

2. The animation is considered crap

3. They are to good for the public

but yeah I'm actually surprised shows like Dunbine got released. Maybe there is hope for old skool robot shows.

As for shows I am really wondering why they haven't been released here are two.

One Piece- I mean the comic has and the TV is at like 175 in japan and is still going strong. So why not release it here???

Naruto- Same as above except its TV show is only at like what 69?

These two shows are kick ass and are kicking ass in Japan so why don't they come out here???

3. They are to good for the public

:rolleyes:

A lot of them just come down to their not being enough market to make their release viable.

Newer modern anime is the main focus of the market, with older 'classic' anime being a smaller niche where you can only release a certain amount of material that fits certain guidelines.

For example, I'd love to be able to buy the Mazinger Z series on dvd, but I just can't see it happening any time in the forseeable future. A company would have to buy the resources and masters for 92 episodes (as a minimum, not including any extras), spend the time money translating and possibly remastering if its a series with deteriated master sources.

Given that, how exactly then would they turn a good profit on a very old series with obsolete animation that would take around 20 dvds to release? The length makes it impractical to sell on shelves, and the age removes the vast majority of the anime fanbase from being even potential customers.

I don't doubt it will happen one day, but there are plenty of understandable reasons for whatever anime not to be available.

Any of you out there who know me already know which anime series I want released on domestic DVD, but wishing for that to happen is like asking Hollywood to stop making movies based off of video games. It won't happen.

Please God! Let Gainax take the license for Gunbuster away from Manga and give it to Bandai or ADV Films or someone! I want my Gunbuster DVD already!

*Starts to cry now*

post-26-1076383659.gif

I want a Region 2(?) DVD of Street Fighter: The Movie, it's probably the only DVD that I've been looking for (I don't want that half assed American release).

WHERE!?!?!?!? :blink:

Hear-hear!

And yes, One Piece would be great. After 118 episodes I'm still addicted, and will definitely buy R1.

Joe P.

Any of you out there who know me already know which anime series I want released on domestic DVD, but wishing for that to happen is like asking Hollywood to stop making movies based off of video games. It won't happen.

Please God! Let Gainax take the license for Gunbuster away from Manga and give it to Bandai or ADV Films or someone! I want my Gunbuster DVD already!

*Starts to cry now*

Worse yet, even the HK disc isn't available anywhere now. I WANNA SEE GUNBUSTER DAMNIT!!!