custom 1/48 CF + FP

Jung

Here are the fast packs for my 1/48 custom CF. Very impressed by the fast packs, I would say more so than the 1/48s themselves :p The proportions are just right, much improved from thier 1/60 version. My only complaints(minor) I have are the lack of details on the rms-1 missiles and missile pods (could use some panel lines) and they are a tad heavy (tipsy and difficult to pose in battroid with the heavy boosters). Anyways onto the pics :)

post-4-1076216459_thumb.jpg

To get the shaded look (around panel lines and edges), I paint the whole pieces flat black. Let that dry, than for the blue (navy blue + dark/med grey), carefully spray leaving the areas around the panels/edges darker. Not the greatest pic, but you can see it on the leg armour pieces.

post-4-1076219604_thumb.jpg

Sorry not gonna get too much into panel lines, it's covered so often in the modeling section that I'll just be repeating. I use enamels, dillute it using low odor varsol (around 70-30 thinner-paint). After paneling leave it overnight to dry. Than using a q-tip or towel soaked with a bit of the varsol, whipe off the excess. Here's a pic, before letting the panels dry overnight. This is all the pieces that comprise the FP set..

post-4-1076220058_thumb.jpg

To get the shaded look (around panel lines and edges), I paint the whole pieces flat black. Let that dry, than for the blue (navy blue + dark/med grey), carefully spray leaving the areas around the panels/edges darker. Not the greatest pic, but you can see it on the leg armour pieces.

That's exactly The same technique I use to shade...base color first and then light over coat. iT saves a couple of steps with the clear coat and weathering...though the draw back..is a hell of a tedious work...!!

I am working on a DYRL VF-1A Max and the Cats eye and I can calculate about over 10 hours in just paiting them both including the detail nozzles and such...but is a more secure way of getting the finishing you want with pretty small or no mistakes...

Sorry not gonna get too much into panel lines, it's covered so often in the modeling section that I'll just be repeating. I use enamels, dillute it using low odor varsol (around 70-30 thinner-paint). After paneling leave it overnight to dry. Than using a q-tip or towel soaked with a bit of the varsol, whipe off the excess. Here's a pic, before letting the panels dry overnight. This is all the pieces that comprise the FP set..

You sumed up in two small posts so perfectly how its done. Thank you Jung. :) Now to figure out how (what colors, etc) to do my models.

Edited by Southcross