Request of information for vintage SDF-1 1/3000 unknown.

unodi2

I recently purchased this toy but I do not find any information that can clarify the year of production, if is made in Japan and the manufacturer, and any other useful information; can someone help me? Thanks 1000.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

Edited by unodi2

I'm not an expert and certainly one will pop in to help but I can say from the clues to help narrow something's down.

Sticker sheet says Robotech so it's unlikely made in Japan.

No trademarks or promotional branding likely means it's unlikely legit.

SDF does not have the names Macross or Robotech Uses, that is another clue it is unauthorized.

If I had to guess it was made in Taiwan or Korea in the late 1980's early 1990's

It's still possible it's legit somehow if the seller just licensed it for a different market or repackaged it from legit stock.

Whatever it is it looks nice, has some nice quality aspects. Worth keeping and maybe displaying.

The sticker sheet looks like it’s Matchbox due to where the Matchbox logo is. On the top left corner. Which you can find it on @jeniusAnymoon review. Manual’s the same too. That same box is also on his review site.

However, the logos on the feet was removed. Let’s hope Jenius can chime in for more info. ;) 

Edited by no3Ljm

21 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

The sticker sheet looks like it’s Matchbox due to where the Matchbox logo is. On the top left corner. Which you can find it on @jeniusAnymoon review. Manual’s the same too. That same box is also on his review site.

However, the logos on the feet was removed. Let’s hope Jenius can chime in for more info. ;) 

Good catch, I didn't even see a matchbox logo.

I have one but from what I recall the decals are unmarked....but are based on Takatoku decal sheet not matchbox due to "Vol 1" wording on lower left hand of sheet...

I like how they went out of their way to grind out the logos...wonder if it was one guy doing it when they were assembling them...lol

You can also tell that, at least from that part, that the part is from a "Matchbox"  version due to the size of the area being grinded out....for the Takatoku....the area that is taken up for their logo takes up most of it from top to bottom....in the Matchbox version...the Bandai logo is more centered...so that the top and bottom has more space...sort of similar to where the Macross logo is placed on the opposite side...

You can see how much more area is taken up by the Takatoku logo vs the Matchbox logo in this pic...

1-3000-Takatoku-SDF-1-5.jpg?w=1050&ssl=1

3 hours ago, derex3592 said:

I don't believe the Matchbox SDF-1's had the cutouts in the tops of the legs where the little missiles fired out of, (at least mine didn't from what I remember) I think they thought American kids would swallow them and choke

https://www.collectiondx.com/toy_review/sdf1_battle_fortress

Pretty certain I got a Matchbox version.  And it does have those slot-holes in the legs.  There’s just no spring or firing mechanism, but the holes are still there.

1 hour ago, nightmareB4macross said:

From what I recall, only the SSF-1 has all the cutouts and actual firing mechanisms along with missiles and ships on sprues.

image.png.fd2c8bd256ee0210d9f2fbeca2167c51.png

So more Takatoku than Matchbox-Bandai....do you have one of those?....would be curious to see what is going on with it where the logos would be...

8 hours ago, unodi2 said:

I recently purchased this toy but I do not find any information that can clarify the year of production, if is made in Japan and the manufacturer, and any other useful information; can someone help me? Thanks 1000.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

Produced by Nekki (sp) Toys, in and around 85. 

So...as it currently stands...we have Takatoku feet....Matchbox-Bandai feet...and the grinded up no logos feet....

Was Matsushiro involved in the production of the "Big Macross"?  If so...there could be some out there with Matsushiro logos....

5 hours ago, jvmacross said:

So...as it currently stands...we have Takatoku feet....Matchbox-Bandai feet...and the grinded up no logos feet....

Was Matsushiro involved in the production of the "Big Macross"?  If so...there could be some out there with Matsushiro logos....

There 5 versions of the SDF-1 mold. None have Matsushiro stamped on them. But there is one that is known to be released by Matsushiro.