Takatoku Toys 1/100 Macross VF-1 Collection

jvmacross

Been wanting a mega-sized original style 1/55 VF-1 PT for decades...had a little hope when the wave of super-sized Transformers started being released by 3P companies...but it never materialized...it seems original Macross 3P creations started and ended with the SD Makurosu....although the 3D print entrepreneurs are very active...but I have no time to build and paint....unfortunately

6 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Been wanting a mega-sized original style 1/55 VF-1 PT for decades...had a little hope when the wave of super-sized Transformers started being released by 3P companies...but it never materialized...it seems original Macross 3P creations started and ended with the SD Makurosu....although the 3D print entrepreneurs are very active...but I have no time to build and paint....unfortunately

I think we shared the same thoughts. 

It would be amazing if someone like Fanstoys would take a stab at the VF-1. After all most of the wanted characters have been done. 

Once FT s done some other 3P and supersize it with slight improvements.

4 hours ago, jvmacross said:

I recall a long time ago, on a MW thread long forgotten....someone had started to work on one...guessing the project went nowhere...I think there were actually two guys taking a stab at it...one was doing it in wood and another using metal

Was it the same guy who pivoted project and then began work on the Mospeada Legioss?

I don’t recall ever seeing pics of the VF-1. Do you have any to share?

9 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Was it the same guy who pivoted project and then began work on the Mospeada Legioss?

I don’t recall ever seeing pics of the VF-1. Do you have any to share?

You talking about captain America who was doing the Legioss? I think he is still active on the boards here.

Twich

5 hours ago, twich said:

You talking about captain America who was doing the Legioss? I think he is still active on the boards here.

Twich

No.

There was another member who was creating a large scale Legioss far larger than CA.

I was wondering if this was the same creator.

oh..there is a misunderstanding. Those boxes are all pre-signed-it is part of the artwork
I threw out a theory that all the names on the sides were signed by their actual voice actors
So Mari Iijima signed Minmei for the box art design :)
I'm sticking to that story!

1 hour ago, Shawn said:

All pre-printed on the boxes.  I just like the idea of their sigs on them all, gives it an extra sense of reality. And the face that they used some pre-prod looking Hikaru art, the 1/100 line is very unique.

image.png.7ac99acf13417b217719ca02e1db5351.png

The boxes use the same art between both the 1/100 and 1/55...including the early lineart for Hikaru