Last Exile

gerwalk25

Last Exile was a very, very good show. Gonzo in top form. (sigh) If only all TV shows could be of that kind of quality... and be able to maintain it throughout the entire run.

Too bad I totally skipped it when I could have taped it off TV and had to track it down later after a friend told me how good it was.

• 1 month later...

Holy Schnikees!!!

I'm, just now watching Ep 13 of Last Exile on TechTV and wished I hit 'record' button 6 hours ago!!

I guess they'll be aired again at the end of the month. (Too bad not in a marathon form, though.)

Anyone know of any good DVDs of the entire series avaiable? (my VCR bites!)

Great series. I'll be picking up the dvds for sure. I made sure to watch each episode on TechTv, which I had taped it like I planed but didn't have a tape at the time. My birthday is coming up and I know what I'm going to treat myself to. :D

Can't wait till they show the rest in a few months.

Edited by Effect

Last Exile was great (heh, I was naughty and grabbed the fansubs... maybe I'll buy the DVD version to get the full quality... MPEG4 compression still leaves visible artifacts). The ending was a bit rushed, but I think fitting for the overall series.

The only DVDs I'm aware of are the official Asian releases, Vol. 1 comes with Keep Case, Mousepad, poster, and a 14 page booklet. I think Vol. 3 is either out or about to come out.

DVD itself is 16:9 widescreen, Dolby 2.0 Super Bit Rate.

Hopefully the R1 version should get the same treatment.

EDIT: Almost forgot... Japanese release comes with Al figure instead of poster.

Edited by Akilae

Ok, i just watched the supposed last episode on TechTV. :o Please tell me that that isn't the actual ending. Please tell me there is more. Great series but probably the worst ending I've ever seen. :angry: We never even get to find out what happened to Al and Lavie or what exile really is.

Also what the hell is wrong with that Guild kid. Kids a fruitcake! :huh:

Please tell me that that was only season 1. How many DVD's are in the series? You could sell that on 2 DVD's. Watch them milk us for 4 or 5 like Gundam 0083 or 8th MS. :angry:

I need answers dang it! :blink:

I tried to give the show a shot...but the audio was ruining the experince...and it just wasn't drawing my attention with the designs of the mechanical features......so heh.....

Wow. The music/audio was part of what drew me to this show. I just picked up DVD 2 from Anime Nation when I stopped by Clearwater for a friend's wedding.

I've been slowly falling out of anime recently (nothing new of interest, save Zero) but Last Exile has been holding my interest.

Ok, i just watched the supposed last episode on TechTV. :o Please tell me that that isn't the actual ending. Please tell me there is more. Great series but probably the worst ending I've ever seen. :angry: We never even get to find out what happened to Al and Lavie or what exile really is.

Also what the hell is wrong with that Guild kid. Kids a fruitcake! :huh:

Please tell me that that was only season 1. How many DVD's are in the series? You could sell that on 2 DVD's. Watch them milk us for 4 or 5 like Gundam 0083 or 8th MS. :angry:

I need answers dang it! :blink:

Don't worry, you'll find out all in time... even what happens to the Guild kid =)

TechTV showed only 1/2 of the series. Only the first 2 DVDs (covering eps 1-8)have been released in the US. Episodes 9-13 aren't even on US DVD yet. The next volume comes out in the beginning of April. Last Exile will take a total of 7 DVDs.

this was too funny, i watched the anime-kraze episode 1 the other day after torrenting the entire series from them, and then today i got to hear what the dub sounds like...

think i'll stick to the subs

Any good subbed sets out there rather than downloads?

Great series. Gonzo never ceases to amaze. I have mixed feelings about this, though: It's great to see something this good get exposure, but the English dubs weren't so great (IMHO, anyway). Bad voice acting just ruins a series for me (I hated Evangelion until I saw it subbed on DVD), and this will likely keep me away.

Oh well. That's what they release them on disk for.

I actually heard about Last Exile from a Newtype Article. The Urbanus illustration there was enough to get me interested in the series.

Fortunately, i DID hit record at 1 on Sunday, so now I have all available episodes on tape :) At the expense of some old Gundam tapes from CN....

I like the airship designs, but I don't like the guild at all(Their starships don't really grab my attenion either. And that kid is weird...). And the fact that everyone has to buy thier engines is a little unsettling, after all who says they don't come with self-destruction devices?

I'm debating weather I should actually dive into getting the complete series, or even the soundtrack for that matter. IMO the dub is good, better than some others...

Is Tech TV going to get the final episodes? I know they ran Dual all the way through, so why not Last Exile?

And I gotta wonder how Vanships stack up against, say, a Sophwith snipe?

Edited by Boxer