Perfect Rei...

Vostok 7

I just saw the perfect (not-so) rei in japanese book store in Vancouver. They got a whole pile of it in there. It cost CAD$45, and after some thinking and close observation of the toy, I decided to pass on it.

The toy is very small, and it is made of plastic.

The worst is the chest is actually not connected to the lower body,

it's sort of floating on top of it with a big gap in between. The paint job is

no where as pretty as those pictures on the web.

For the same amount of money, I'd rather get a BT transformer.

It's highly not recommanded for non-Rei fans.

P.S. If they make a Asuka figure, I may consider buying a set though.

I'm more a fan of Asuka than Rei. :)

Well, TC just took payment for Rei out of my account this morning. I can only assume that they are slipping her into a box and getting her ready to ship out right now. Hopefully by this time next week she'll be here! B))

Well, TC just took payment for Rei out of my account this morning. I can only assume that they are slipping her into a box and getting her ready to ship out right now. Hopefully by this time next week she'll be here! B))

i just checked right now and i just got charged. also went to TC and i saw that my order was finalized too! :D:D too bad i already ordered one from Rob...i might sell this one here on MW....or to this guy i know who's a big ass EVA freak! :p:p

Man I'm waiting on the 3 I have on order.  2 japanese and one US release.  God I hope I'm not disappointed.

I want to make some customs.

There are US releases? :blink:

in all likelihood he is referring to Diamond's importing of the manga/rei set. there is no difference between the two and to call it a US release is a little misleading.

i just checked right now and i just got charged. also went to TC and i saw that my order was finalized too! :D:D too bad i already ordered one from Rob...i might sell this one here on MW....or to this guy i know who's a big ass EVA freak! :p:p

woo got my order finalized too!!

Sorry if I'm misleading. THe difference b/w the two is that the US release has the manga in english. No difference in the Rei toy.

if you are referring to the diamond import then that is the same japanese edition.

i have not seen any solicitations for an english edition + figure from Viz. if you have a link of such an item i would be greatly interested to see it.

I just saw the perfect (not-so) rei in japanese book store in Vancouver. They got a whole pile of it in there. It cost CAD$45, and after some thinking and close observation of the toy, I decided to pass on it.

The toy is very small, and it is made of plastic.

The worst is the chest is actually not connected to the lower body,

it's sort of floating on top of it with a big gap in between. The paint job is

no where as pretty as those pictures on the web.

For the same amount of money, I'd rather get a BT transformer.

It's highly not recommanded for non-Rei fans.

P.S. If they make a Asuka figure, I may consider buying a set though.

I'm more a fan of Asuka than Rei. :)

Where and what store in Vancouver was it sold?

Angel's Fury, head to the bookstore at Yaohan in Richmond. I don't know where the Japanese bookstore is in Vancouver but it's $44.90CAD so the price is the same. Is this a good price cause they have about six or seven and if that's worth it maybe I'll pick one up too.

Angel's Fury, head to the bookstore at Yaohan in Richmond. I don't know where the Japanese bookstore is in Vancouver but it's $44.90CAD so the price is the same. Is this a good price cause they have about six or seven and if that's worth it maybe I'll pick one up too.

Quinn, just PM me the directions on how to get there. Btw, that's the one included with the Evangelion Manga vol. 9?

Edited by Angel's Fury

has anyone heard from Rob? i ordered a rei figure set from him and still haven't got a reply...i'm guessing he's busy with his stuff from his store and ebay...i'm in no real hurry to get the set...i just really want it!! :lol:

hi angel's fury,

The jap bookstore in Richmond inside Yaoham mall is the one I'm talking about.

No. 3 and Cambie.

Bah, Richmond. I have never once been able to go to Richmond without getting hoplessly lost. I know people always say just stick to No. 3 road and you'll get wherever you need to go... but I always seem to find that singular way of screwing that up and getting totally lost. :)

Oh yeah!!! Good news for people who live in or around the L.A. area. There's a place in J-Town that's going to be getting, (get this) a 100 of these bad girls in! and for 23 something each!! Their getting it in a week, so sometime next week they'll have it. I don't want to reveal the location as I'm not sure if this is a sure thing, but the guy I talked to sounded pretty confident that they'll be getting it in. So I'll be there next week to find out. So stay tuned!!!! :p:D:lol:

yeah...u tell me after i ordered 2 off of people already <_<

nah it's cool...i guess i'm just diappointed in myself...i need to learn to be more patient!

Don't worry too much about it. In figure collecting, patience is a double edged sword and very much based on luck. If you're lucky , you'll find it in the most obscure places for cheap. If you're not, it'll all be gone and you'll have to rely on ebay....or worse....you can't even find it on international ebay....

like now , my tsukihime palm scenery figures can only be gotten from Yahoo Japan Auctions....and we all know that YJA sellers doesn't ship overseas....drat! I'm still trying to find it......

hi angel's fury,

The jap bookstore in Richmond inside Yaoham mall is the one I'm talking about.

No. 3 and Cambie.

Bah, Richmond. I have never once been able to go to Richmond without getting hoplessly lost. I know people always say just stick to No. 3 road and you'll get wherever you need to go... but I always seem to find that singular way of screwing that up and getting totally lost. :)

How unfortunate! Hopefully that won't happen to me. (just staying positive)

and we all know that YJA sellers doesn't ship overseas....

Like that has ever stopped anyone determined enough to get what they want. There are tons of deputy services out there that let you get around the "YJA sellers don't ship overseas" red tape.

Tell me more!! Please!! :o:o:o

and we all know that YJA sellers doesn't ship overseas....

Like that has ever stopped anyone determined enough to get what they want. There are tons of deputy services out there that let you get around the "YJA sellers don't ship overseas" red tape.

Tell me more!! Please!! :o:o:o

Ever tried this phrase with Google's search engine?

"Yahoo Japan auction deputy service"

Captain Obvious to the rescue... :p

Ever tried this phrase with Google's search engine?

"Yahoo Japan auction deputy service"

Captain Obvious to the rescue... 

It would've most certainly helped if you could've recommende reputable ones or ones that you've dealt with before..... <_<

Mine happens to be a personal friend who lives in Japan and is not taking any more new customers due to his new job, so it's useless even if I give you his e-mail.

I can tell you to stay away from Celga though... high fees.

awww drats....waonder if the monkeyman can do favours. ;)

How about Mail order japan?

For those who have ordered from Tokyo-central... have you guys got shipping notices/got the figure already? I had a confirmation from them 5 days ago but until now, no reply if its being shipped or anything.

For those who have ordered from Tokyo-central... have you guys got shipping notices/got the figure already? I had a confirmation from them 5 days ago but until now, no reply if its being shipped or anything.

Nope. I have yet to recieve anything from them. <_<

and its unlikely that you will because

1. it's Golden Week (i.e. all of japan shuts down)

2. they are in the middle of moving to their new premises.

i wouldn't worry. you will get your Rei's from them no problem. i've ordered a number of very expensive art books from them w/o a hitch.

and its unlikely that you will because

1. it's Golden Week (i.e. all of japan shuts down)

2. they are in the middle of moving to their new premises.

i wouldn't worry. you will get your Rei's from them no problem. i've ordered a number of very expensive art books from them w/o a hitch.

Its Golden Week for them already? Heh. My Golden week starts next week. w00ts!!