Macross Wallpapers

AlphaHX

Please tell me you've got a hi res scan of that fighters-on-black picture. Pretty please :)

Unfortunately... no. I've been actually looking for a higher res scan myself. I might actually resort to scanning in my own hasegawa box and reedit them. If I do, I'll let you know. ;)

I snagged the original artwork off macrossworld.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazi...1284_poster.jpg

I cut the pic and rearranged it cause Misa's face would have be blocked by the icons. I don't like mirroring pics.

I usually arrange icons around the pic, personally.

I've had them all over the place, but I never let Windows arrange the icons anymore. Straight down the left edge just doesn't work for me. Usually small(4-8) clumps of icons in the corners or along the top/bottom edges. Another advantage is that they're ordered the way I want.

Flipside to that is it slows down the process of changing backgrounds, since I have to rearrange, then relearn icon locations(I tend to over- or under-snap my trackball for a while after).

Has anyone gotten hand on the Hasegawa  boxart scans yet ?

sorry. ive been really bizzy with the macross plus dvd boxes.

here ya go.

awesome , this is so much appreciated :)

Although not hi-res i´ll see if this works for what I have in mind ( I´m trying to do a nice t-shirt)

If you happen to scan and re-edit the boxart please do post it here for all fans to share , that´d be great.

Cheers mate

I got a few Wallpapers in my stock pile.

Here one.

Cool, arent those from the MacrossWorld Wallpaper section? Love Hasegawa art.

Anyways, heres some Mac Plus battroids since we dont see them enuf... :D

YF-19...

post-5-1107724811_thumb.jpg

Edited by AlphaHX

Shweet! Thanks Alpha!

Anytime. ;)

Could anyone make a Ivanov 51 wallpaper, all modes would rock.

Heres a battroid wallpaper. Its hard to find a good picture of Ivanov's SV-51 in gerwalk mode or fighter mode. If someone wants to scan in the hasegawa box, I can do something with that. :D

post-5-1107724665_thumb.jpg

Edited by AlphaHX

Wow, that last one was sweet! Can you do anymore of the Macross Zero mechs in Battroid? Isa that CG? Or is it from a model? I really like it, keep up the good work man, this is awesome!

Twich

Wow, that last one was sweet!  Can you do anymore of the Macross Zero mechs in Battroid?  Isa that CG?  Or is it from a model?  I really like it, keep up the good work man, this is awesome!

Twich

Did I hear more? ;):D:p

Theyre both models. :)

post-5-1107725795_thumb.jpg

Edited by AlphaHX

Preferably both in at least 1280x1024 or higher.

The larger the better. Pictures can always be shrunk without losing quality (relatively speaking of course), but when you blow up a 800x600 to fit a 1280x1024 screen, the resolution is terrible. That's why I always want hi res shots.

The larger the better. Pictures can always be shrunk without losing quality (relatively speaking of course), but when you blow up a 800x600 to fit a 1280x1024 screen, the resolution is terrible. That's why I always want hi res shots.

I'll probably start making them at 1280X960. Although 1280X1024 is more commonly used, its the not the same ratio as 1024X768. I dont know why it was made but 1280X1024 is the only resolution (besides widescreens) that doesnt share the same ratio has the normal 800X600, 1024X768, etc.

Here are the Mac Zero ones at 1280X1024. I myself use 1280X960 and I actually dont mind it stretched a bit. The main reason why I make it 1024X768 is becuz any bigger, its going to be a pain to dial up people and second, most of the pictures I use arent that hi-res to begin with, so you're going to end up losing quality no matter what... whether I am the one who enlarges it or your computer that stretches it. So keep in mind that just because I make it "higher res" doesnt mean its going to be "better quality". But Ill try my best to make them 1280X960 now.

Heres the VF-0...

post-5-1107733638_thumb.jpg

The larger the better.  Pictures can always be shrunk without losing quality (relatively speaking of course), but when you blow up a 800x600 to fit a 1280x1024 screen, the resolution is terrible.  That's why I always want hi res shots.

I'll probably start making them at 1280X960. Although 1280X1024 is more commonly used, its the not the same ratio as 1024X768. I dont know why it was made but 1280X1024 is the only resolution (besides widescreens) that doesnt share the same ratio has the normal 800X600, 1024X768, etc.

Here are the Mac Zero ones at 1280X1024. I myself use 1280X960 and I actually dont mind it stretched a bit. The main reason why I make it 1024X768 is becuz any bigger, its going to be a pain to dial up people and second, most of the pictures I use arent that hi-res to begin with, so you're going to end up losing quality no matter what... whether I am the one who enlarges it or your computer that stretches it. So keep in mind that just because I make it "higher res" doesnt mean its going to be "better quality". But Ill try my best to make them 1280X960 now.

Heres the VF-0...

Yes, I know the funky resolution of 1280x1024 is a 1.25 aspect ratio, but it just looks better on my current 21" monitor. Ideally, I'd like to have every picture I download at 1600x1200 resolution and then resize it to fit whatever needs I may have. But it's not a perfect world :)

I understand the need for lower resolutions for people on dial up. However, I'm of the opinion that if you're spending that much effort to make wallpapers, it's criminal make them such low resolution. In a few years when you upgrade your computer or buy a new monitor, all your artwork is too small. I am also an amatuer digital photographer, so I routinely deal with pictures in resolutions 3000 x 2250 or larger, which I then shrink to whatever resolution a particular user requires. I also deal with much higher graphic samples. I just assume most other people working on wallpapers would do the same.

If you don't work from hi res scans, I totally understand. I just like to ask in case you do. High resolution wallpapers are few and far between. High resolution Macross artwork is rarer still.

The larger the better.  Pictures can always be shrunk without losing quality (relatively speaking of course), but when you blow up a 800x600 to fit a 1280x1024 screen, the resolution is terrible.  That's why I always want hi res shots.

Heres the VF-0...

Yes, I know the funky resolution of 1280x1024 is a 1.25 aspect ratio, but it just looks better on my current 21" monitor. Ideally, I'd like to have every picture I download at 1600x1200 resolution and then resize it to fit whatever needs I may have. But it's not a perfect world :)

I understand the need for lower resolutions for people on dial up. However, I'm of the opinion that if you're spending that much effort to make wallpapers, it's criminal make them such low resolution. In a few years when you upgrade your computer or buy a new monitor, all your artwork is too small. I am also an amatuer digital photographer, so I routinely deal with pictures in resolutions 3000 x 2250 or larger, which I then shrink to whatever resolution a particular user requires. I also deal with much higher graphic samples. I just assume most other people working on wallpapers would do the same.

If you don't work from hi res scans, I totally understand. I just like to ask in case you do. High resolution wallpapers are few and far between. High resolution Macross artwork is rarer still.

I was just more or less everyone know since you brought up a good point since i know a lot of MWers here would like them at higher res. I would definitely try to make them bigger from now. I hope you can deal with it being 1280X960 since I would liek it to be the same ratio as the other resolutions so people can freely enlarge or shrink them.

Here are higher res ones of the cockpits. Nice wallpapers btw DA. :) I was planning to make a cockpit wallpaper myself but never got around to it. I also cleaned up the 21 a bit more so there wasnt a strip of it that was brighter than the rest. I cant wait for more DA. Exellent wallpapers! :D

YF-19...

post-5-1107923676_thumb.jpg

Edited by AlphaHX

DA just displaced my current wallpapers! Thunderhammer Whore / Freak I am! :D

Can you send hires pics to my email? I can zip them up and BT it for everyone.

The only ones that are hi-res are the cockpits. 1600x1200 @350dpi. The other ones are only .jpgs since I did them on my old machine at work, whose HD died and since it's been two years, I can't recover the data(especially since I was supposed to be doing work work, not fun work :p ). Not really worth BT'ing it but I'll send the two cockpit images to you anyways.