• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just saw the first three eps.

If they can keep this pace and this quality, we’ll be in for a solid season.

Kinda suspected that reveal, but at least, they didn’t overdo it.

Also watched the first 3 today. I can't help but feel, though, that in order for this season to work in terms of (sequel) canon, won't it have to have a particularly unhappy ending? Unless the "storytelling out" is that Project Necromancer isn't actually a success and Palpatine has to resort to other not-as-perfect means...?

The way I understood it was

Spoiler

...Omega has the gene/genetic material which prevents midichlorians from degradation (i.e. she's a "template"). All the other clones do not carry that gene so any time blood (or any genetic material) is cloned/transferred, the m-count degrades. That means should Palpatine clone himself 🙄, his midichlorian count would not transfer between him and his clone, making an imperfect clone. Omega, like most folks in the galaxy, does not have an M-count high enough to be particularly Force-sensitive but she has the genetic template to keep midichlorians from degrading if one were to clone a Force-sensitive.

Using Grogu was likely their post-Palpatine attempt to create a "Snoke" since there wasn't a Palpatine around to extract genetic material from. But we're getting ahead of ourselves and that's a ways down the road.

On 2/21/2024 at 7:50 PM, azrael said:

The way I understood it was

Hide contents

...Omega has the gene/genetic material which prevents midichlorians from degradation (i.e. she's a "template"). All the other clones do not carry that gene so any time blood (or any genetic material) is cloned/transferred, the m-count degrades. That means should Palpatine clone himself 🙄, his midichlorian count would not transfer between him and his clone, making an imperfect clone. Omega, like most folks in the galaxy, does not have an M-count high enough to be particularly Force-sensitive but she has the genetic template to keep midichlorians from degrading if one were to clone a Force-sensitive.

Using Grogu was likely their post-Palpatine attempt to create a "Snoke" since there wasn't a Palpatine around to extract genetic material from. But we're getting ahead of ourselves and that's a ways down the road.

Right there on the same page with you!

Was close to getting annoyed with Omega this week.  

Spoiler

But glad she finally came around to accepting Crosshairs’ methods and plans.

Do wanna see more from the fallout of the last scene though.

• 4 weeks later...

Another two-fer this week.

Solid eps, one being a slow-paced mood ep, the other being more action oriented.

Again, it’s been a solid season.  Even the fillers have had a few bits that were at least entertaining.