comparison Vf Vs Gundam

Rick_Randy

well, a VF-1 stands a little over 12 meters in battroid mode. and the RX-78 gundam stands at 18 meters, other gundams and the assorted MS ranging from 15 meters to 25 meters depending on which show you're talking about.

unfortunately i don't have gundam and macross stuff in the same size, so no pictures, but the basic stats should tell you a lot.

Thanx guys... No really , I love the pics.Now I know what could fit nice together with a modified book shelf.:D

just curious I know a 1/48 transformable legios model was made but couldnt find pics.. would that be Much bigger than a 1/48 yammie??

Out of sick curiosity with the valk vs gundam, I know it is debatable but what would be the pro's and cons of each? (if ever they existed even in a sim)

anyone got an eva of the same scale just to confirm HOW big that beast is compared to both an MS and VF?

I doubt the scaling is anywhere near accurate. ie: 1/60 valk does not scale with a 1/60 MS. For comparison purposes, you could take out a MS pilot and the valk pilot and put them next to each other.

I have an EVA PG, but not sure what its scale. I think its a 1/60 since most PGs are that size. It stands only slightly taller than a Valk. An EVA of the same scale should tower over a Gundam...and I doubt that my PG EVA towers over the PG WGZ custom.

BTW, i love the WGZ Custom PG, but I heard its a b**ch to paint and build...and I'm too lazy to build/paint it. *sigh*

I doubt the scaling is anywhere near accurate. ie: 1/60 valk does not scale with a 1/60 MS. For comparison purposes, you could take out a MS pilot and the valk pilot and put them next to each other.

I have an EVA PG, but not sure what its scale. I think its a 1/60 since most PGs are that size. It stands only slightly taller than a Valk. An EVA of the same scale should tower over a Gundam...and I doubt that my PG EVA towers over the PG WGZ custom.

BTW, i love the WGZ Custom PG, but I heard its a b**ch to paint and build...and I'm too lazy to build/paint it. *sigh*

It was certainly worth the time and effort to build and paint it. It's end result, you get an excellent posable model that lights up. It's displayed right beside my VF-11B FP and my YF-21FP.

not sure if the 55mm gun would have any effect on a gundam than fires 100mm or a zaku that fires 120mm.

Gundam's vulcans actually are 60mm.

However, it is *theorically* easier for a smaller bullet to penetrate an armor (like a needle). APFSDS bullets use a large base for higher propulsion, but the actual long rod penetrator has a smaller caliber than the bullet.

For a projectile, what is important is speed and mass. To achieve a great speed you need essentially a long barrel. Gundam's vulcans have nearly no barrel at all, and even Zaku's MG is not that long for the caliber it has.

FV

just curious I know a 1/48 transformable legios model was made but couldnt find pics.. would that be Much bigger than a 1/48 yammie??

Assuming they're built to the same level of accuracy, no.

A Legioss is officially a good bit SMALLER than a VF-1.

VF-1 fighter: 14.23 meters long.

VF-1 battroid: 12.68 meters tall.

Legioss armo-fighter: 10.25 meters long.

Legioss armo-soldier: 8.75 meters tall.

And for repetition's sake...

The original RX-78 Gundam: 18.5 meters tall.

Sources:

http://macross.anime.net/

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~cyc01/index.htm

http://www.mahq.net/ (I could've saved myself some typing had I thought of that from the start).

Out of sick curiosity with the valk vs gundam, I know it is debatable but what would be the pro's and cons of each? (if ever they existed even in a sim)

Assuming we keep it to one model...

VF-1: Missiles, multi-mode for maximum versatility, smaller target.

RX-78: Shield, melee weaponry for in-close combat.

I built my PG Zero, but didn't paint it. Just inked it. (Well, I painted the gold parts, as plain yellow just didn't look good). Also messily dry-brushed all the internal parts with various brass, steel, and aluminum colors. *Messily* drybrushed--I didn't highlight distinct areas or parts, merely added some "color". It's all covered up 99% of the time anyways, no point in making it look good. (Kind of along the lines of people who REALLY detail the rudder pedals in a cockpit---you can't see it without a dental mirror and a penlight)

I decided to leave the wings as-is (as opposed to my 1/100's pearlescent white wings), as I decided there'd be no way to get the effect I really wanted, without having them internally lit with electroluminescent wire... (which wasn't going to happen).

final Vegeta did you mean the 60mm gun a gundam holds or the ones on the head that fires?

The tech specs I got for the gun a RX-79 fires is 100mm

from 08th MS team.

hmm can anyone confirm what shells MS gun use?

How about a generic RPM for MS gundam/zaku guns?

(perhaps the beam rifle also)

thaxn again guys for the info and the lovely pics

Edited by Rick_Randy

final Vegeta did you mean the 60mm gun a gundam holds or the ones on the head that fires?

from 08th MS team.

Well, aside from the official specs, one can always make an estimate based on the animated width of the gun relative to the mech.

Which allegedly gives you a vastly diffrent caliber for mobile suits than the official specs.

final Vegeta did you mean the 60mm  gun a gundam holds or the ones on the head that fires?

from 08th MS team.

Well, aside from the official specs, one can always make an estimate based on the animated width of the gun relative to the mech.

Which allegedly gives you a vastly diffrent caliber for mobile suits than the official specs.

sheesh and I thought I was a big nerd

Edited by DrClay

final Vegeta did you mean the 60mm  gun a gundam holds or the ones on the head that fires?

from 08th MS team.

sheesh and I thought I was a big nerd

Hey, at least I haven't actually figured it out yet.

Much less figured out how much damage the Death Star did to Endor when it blew up(yes, someone actually did that. Their conclusion: ewoks are dead).

ewoks are dead.

but they are still alive in the movie. My conclusion: Ewoks, Endor, the Death Star, giant robots, and giant robot weaponry are fiction. goddams and valkeries do not fire any calibur of anything, seeing as they are imaginary. In a real fight between a Gundam and a Valk, the Gundam would make more money thereby winning and BanDai would stop making valks... oh yeah, that actually happened

ewoks are dead.

but they are still alive in the movie.

They died afterwards.

Extincition doesn't just happen overnight. Except in geological terms. Takes several years.

My conclusion: Ewoks, Endor, the Death Star, giant robots, and giant robot weaponry are fiction.  goddams and valkeries do not fire any calibur of anything, seeing as they are imaginary.

LIES! IT'S NOT TRUE! I WON'T BELIEVE IT!

Pity no one has made a custom valk with a "mouth" it sure would look like what hobbits are used for when there are no women.;)

Anyone got pics of a valk withs its arms around a meltran

trying to pick up?

perhaps put the lines "Size doesn't matter baby!!!"

Ughhh.............

Graham