Official Transformers Alternators and more thread.

Looks like he might have two weapons instead of just one ... where did that engine go?

The engine is molded into hounds arms. Personally I love hounds bot mode. From the knees up it looks almost exactly like his toon incarnation, cept for the door wings. one thing to not though is it looks like hound does not have a steering mechanism. But they made up for that by giving him independent suspension on his wheels.

Edited by GobotFool

one thing to note though is it looks like hound does not have a steering mechanism. But they made up for that by giving him independent suspension on his wheels.

I like that tradeoff. The steering mechanisms on the first two were interesting, but I feel like it hinders the playability of the toy too much. Not only does Hound look great, but he seems like he'll be more fun to play around with.

Anyone know of a good place to get some white stars or other military stickers for Hound? I wonder if any of the repro sites will up the scale of their G1 Hound stickers, that would be cool.

Remy has some nice pics up of Alternators Hound. 

http://www.tfkenkon.com/collection/act191/

The funny thing is he doesn't have it listed yet.  His numbered gallerys jump from 190 to 192, so out of curiosity I typed in "191" and found this.  Nice little surprise.  B))

I must say, this has me even more excited for Hound.  I think he's my favorite of the bunch so far.  And check out that front and rear suspension!  Nice touch.  March can't come soon enough!

wow nice find!! Thanks for the tip! One comment though.. doesn't his car mode look a little too big to be the same scale as the rest of the binaltechs?

~Tico

Edited by Tico0001

One comment though.. doesn't his car mode look a little too big to be the same scale as the rest of the binaltechs?

~Tico

I'm no vehicle expert, but I would guess a Jeep Wrangler would be larger than a Viper and an Impreza. They sit up pretty high and aren't as streamlined, so that makes it look larger too. Scale looks right to me, but as I said, I'm no expert. *I'm hinting for David H. to chime in here. ;) *

Here's some interesting news, I emailed the guy that runs Reprolabels.com and asked if he'd considered making larger scale G1 stickers for Hound since he's currently doing micro sized stickers for the WST figures. He emailed me back this:

"Hi! Not a bad idea at all :) Maybe when this toy shows up here in Canada I'll pick one up to work on that. Thanks!"

Hope he does it, with some modifications I think G1 Hounds stickers would look nice on BT-04. B))

One comment though.. doesn't his car mode look a little too big to be the same scale as the rest of the binaltechs?

~Tico

I'm no vehicle expert, but I would guess a Jeep Wrangler would be larger than a Viper and an Impreza. They sit up pretty high and aren't as streamlined, so that makes it look larger too. Scale looks right to me, but as I said, I'm no expert. *I'm hinting for David H. to chime in here. ;) *

Here's some interesting news, I emailed the guy that runs Reprolabels.com and asked if he'd considered making larger scale G1 stickers for Hound since he's currently doing micro sized stickers for the WST figures. He emailed me back this:

"Hi! Not a bad idea at all :) Maybe when this toy shows up here in Canada I'll pick one up to work on that. Thanks!"

Hope he does it, with some modifications I think G1 Hounds stickers would look nice on BT-04. B))

It'll end up looking like the ltd. edition "Willys".

http://www.jeep.com/willys/index.html

Kinda goofy looking if you ask me.

kool hound link doesnt work for me :(

190 and 192 does, but not 191  :(

Hmm...I'd say that it's weird for the link to not be working but Remy never officially posted it in the first place. Maybe he's retooling it or adding more pics.

Edited by eriku

Interesting blurb from TFW2005.com..

"Brandweek, a marketing trade publication, had an article about Transformers Alternator and the marketing behind it. In the article, Hollie Holmes of Brand Sense (an agency representing hasbro for the Alternators) confirmed that they are in talks to create a Dodge Neon SRT-4 and a Dodge Ram Pickup Alternator. More info as it becomes available."

The SRT-4 is a fairly "meh" addition, but the truck should add some nice variety.

"Brandweek, a marketing trade publication, had an article about Transformers Alternator and the marketing behind it. In the article, Hollie Holmes of Brand Sense (an agency representing hasbro for the Alternators) confirmed that they are in talks to create a Dodge Neon SRT-4 and a Dodge Ram Pickup Alternator. More info as it becomes available."

The SRT-4 is a fairly "meh" addition, but the truck should add some nice variety.

The truck would make a nice Trailbreaker. :)

The truck would make a nice Trailbreaker. :)

Agreed! TrailBreaker or a Kup. Though with the BT/Alternator line I get the impression they will be sticking to 1st and 2nd series charactors only.

Unless Hasbro licenses the Humvee, I think a Dodge Ram would make a swell Ironhide.

Question, what kinda vehicles do people usually use for police cars and ambulences today? Just curious what prowl and ratchet might turn out as.

Unless Hasbro licenses the Humvee, I think a Dodge Ram would make a swell Ironhide.

Question, what kinda vehicles do people usually use for police cars and ambulences today? Just curious what prowl and ratchet might turn out as.

police cars are mostly the ford crown victoria police interceptor, camaro police interceptor, or impala police interceptor.

ambulances have been pretty generic for the last 15 - 20 years, i would say they could use a modern SUV as an EMT unit. for ratchet

There's a town near mine that has one 5.0 Mustang police intercepter. And I mean ONE. One lucky cop not to get stuck in a crown vic :D

i know there are tohers i was just listing the most common, i kno a guy who owns a retired fox body police interceptor mustang and man does that thing fly, i have also seen interceptor corvettes and ive seen minivans used as patrol cars, there also the verpresent police suv's but iuno wut thye use, i assume explorers

There's a town near mine that has one 5.0 Mustang police intercepter. And I mean ONE. One lucky cop not to get stuck in a crown vic  :D

i know there are tohers i was just listing the most common, i kno a guy who owns a retired fox body police interceptor mustang and man does that thing fly, i have also seen interceptor corvettes and ive seen minivans used as patrol cars, there also the verpresent police suv's but iuno wut thye use, i assume explorers

The NYPD has a bunch of Mustangs. I think it'd be cool to have Prowl painted up in NYPD blue and white.

personally i think they should make a transformer of the saturn ion, of course it not a great car, its not even a good car, but the real one has alot of panel breaks which would be very convenient for making a completely accurate body and itd be easier to do the bot mode with so many available panels

other cars i would like to see as transformers:

Hummer (the real one not the H2)

An old lowrider like an El Camino or Coupe De Ville

Jeep Rescue

VW Eurovan

boxy cars make better bots, im all about sports cars but the curvy body panels dont seem to integrate well as armor or body parts

that said, i would also like to see the 2 most angular of recent sports cars as transformers

Ferrari Enzo

Lamborghini Murcielago

and last but not least

1990 Acura Legend (my car :) )

just to rant a bit more about the element...I saw this commercial today that started off with this crazy robo-beast thingy running down a tunnel thingy, lookin all bad ass (it ran funny though), and then it started to turn into a car...what kind of car?

was it a supa-fast sports car?...no

was it a big assed truck?...no

it was a mini-van!...GHEY!

after a few seconds the mini-van turned into the honda element...GHEYER!

this was quite possibly the most I have ever seen a company miss its target audience...evar. :ph34r:

just to rant a bit more about the element...I saw this commercial today that started off with this crazy robo-beast thingy running down a tunnel thingy, lookin all bad ass (it ran funny though), and then it started to turn into a car...what kind of car?

was it a supa-fast sports car?...no

was it a big assed truck?...no

it was a mini-van!...GHEY!

after a few seconds the mini-van turned into the honda element...GHEYER!

this was quite possibly the most I have ever seen a company miss its target audience...evar. :ph34r:

thats not an element commercial, thats one of the commercials for the scion xA and xB didnt you see that that at the end of the comemrcial they had to 2 seperate cars next to eachother? and i believe scion is a subsidiary of toyota so honda wasnt involved

oh yea and the target audience of scion is basicly poor new driver kids, they are both economy cars that i ithnk are even cheaper than saturns, hyundais, or kia's and and no it's not a minivan its just an extremely boxy compact hatchback

Wheelie.. so we can hate him AAAAALL over again!  :ph34r:

No, dude. He should be a Pontiac Aztek.

Give THAT honor to the usurper Rodimus Prime...

Feh, Hot Rod killed Optimus... stupid meddler..

Edited by GreenGuy42

Wheelie.. so we can hate him AAAAALL over again!  :ph34r:

No, dude. He should be a Pontiac Aztek.

Give THAT honor to the usurper Rodimus Prime...

Feh, Hot Rod killed Optimus... stupid meddler..

Rodimus has to be a winnabago. :lol: