Official Transformers Alternators and more thread.

how is it pathetic? as natalie said that mold was made 9 years ago, for the cyberjets line, and they were one of the most poseable G2's and considering how small they are it was a damn good job for back then, the cyberjets were always one of my fav transformers

I just like Jetfire to look like Jetfire. :D

I guess nothing will come close to the original.. it had to be the finest G1 out of the whole line.

Bandai > Takara

btw whens the Alternators Shockwave coming out? the blue RX-8?

Here he is versus my Re-issue Predaking!!  :p

I find the way your DVD titles sit on your shelf pretty amusing. Especially since you have Toy Story sitting next to Tokoyo Babylon. :lol:

Yup, all my animation is in alphabetical order! :p

I was meaning the content contrast between the 2 shows. :lol:

:blink:

Now that's the rumor I've been waiting to hear! B))

Alt/Binal Jets, YAH! :D

I just like Jetfire to look like Jetfire. :D

I guess nothing will come close to the original.. it had to be the finest G1 out of the whole line.

Bandai > Takara

But he's not Jetfire - just a toy they made in the image of Jetfire years ago, that Hasbro took and repainted in the colours of a toy never released in Japan for obvious reasons. Additionally R-Blade/Hooligan is a basic, about 9cm tall, and only costs a few bucks. An excellent basic - unfair to compare him to Macross Valks.

As for Jetfire - well, he was bigger and more expensive than most of the other first year G1s so he's bound to be 'better'.

Packaged Shockblast Mazdaspeed RX-8 just popped up. He indeed has a spoiler. Hasbro hasn't even annouced him yet so nobody knows when he'll be released outside of China.

ShockWAVE.

Also, on that forum page there was a mention of a red pickup.

Gotta be Ironhide.

I just like Jetfire to look like Jetfire.  :D

Bandai > Takara

But he's not Jetfire - just a toy they made in the image of Jetfire years ago, that Hasbro took and repainted in the colours of a toy never released in Japan for obvious reasons. Additionally R-Blade/Hooligan is a basic, about 9cm tall, and only costs a few bucks. An excellent basic - unfair to compare him to Macross Valks.

As for Jetfire - well, he was bigger and more expensive than most of the other first year G1s so he's bound to be 'better'.

Packaged Shockblast Mazdaspeed RX-8 just popped up. He indeed has a spoiler. Hasbro hasn't even annouced him yet so nobody knows when he'll be released outside of China.

also with the whole Bandai > Takara thing, let us not forget that Bandai did not design the 1/55, that was Takatoku. Personally I consider Takara to be the king of mass produced transforming toys. Bandai does a good job, but non of their transforming toys can hold a candle to the BT line and MP prime.

ShockWAVE.

Also, on that forum page there was a mention of a red pickup.

Gotta be Ironhide.

Alt Shockblast - I call them by whatever official name they have, so I can differentiate them from other toys of the same name. No need to get irate about a name that Hasbro no longer owns.

Either way his license plate says SHKWAV.

Pics here

Edited by Fit For Natalie

eriku,

Nice collection!

I have to say that Jass is one of my all time favorite characters but that plain white just did not say "Jazz" to me but check this out!

alt3_big.jpg

For a bigger picture:

Jazz with custom stickers

This guy makes custom stickers for G1 Transformers and Alternators to look like their G1 counter parts! AS you can see from the pics that look fantastic!

http://www.reprolabels.com/alt_labels.html

Edited by SDFcommander

eriku,

Nice collection!

I have to say that Jass is one of my all time favorite characters but that plain white just did not say "Jazz" to me but check this out!

alt3_big.jpg

For a bigger picture:

Jazz with custom stickers

This guy makes custom stickers for G1 Transformers and Alternators to look like their G1 counter parts! AS you can see from the pics that look fantastic!

Yeah, those stickers look great. I've actually been meaning to buy a set for a few weeks now, but I need to find an Alternators Meister first because i don't want to put them on my Binaltech one.

More of Rohby's recast cannon pictures to convince those of you who held off to beg for him to do a second run. :)

For some G1 toy comparison, here's a red cannon Streak

post-9-1104103936.jpg

And another crappy group shot, this one with the BT/Alts showing off their new toys along with their G1 ancestors...

post-9-1103862873.jpg

I've always been torn over the Sideswipe alternative transformation. On one hand, it does give him more of the G1 appearance (granted, rear end as opposed to hood for chest) and from some angles (as Eriku's photo above shows) he looks simply awesome. But from other angles, he almost looks weird...like a well endowed old German granny or something.... it's sort of a shame there's no way to flatten it just a little bit more...

Thanks for da bad ass pics eriku and samuraisouthpaw. :p

My BT Grimlock just came in two days ago......he is ONE TOUGH mo-fo to transform. Maybe even harder than ol' Smokescreen. :blink:

Dude!  What did you do to Sideswipe?  It looks Phenominal!!!

Nice launcher pics.....I should post some of mine...the black one i got for Hound is loose tho...so Im not sure what to do with it (I already tried nail polish)

That's the infamous trunk mod for Sideswipe. Pretty easy if you have a decent cutting device (I didn't) and it doesn't ruin anything so if you don't like it you can still transform him the traditional way. All you have to do is cut out enough plastic on the trunk close to where the trunk 'arm' swivels. Trim away until there is enough froom for the trunk to fold all the way. The only other step is swapping the hands, which is pretty easy since they are on ball/socket joints, just pop 'em and swap 'em. There are pics floating around out there somewhere.

And like SS said, the mod does look a bit odd from certain angles, almost like it should be a 'female' bot. Overall, I like both transformations for Swipe.

Edited by eriku

Thanks for da bad ass pics eriku and samuraisouthpaw.  :p

Personally, I think Black goes with Meister, Red with Streak, and Silver with err.. what'shisname? :rolleyes: Smokescreen, aye.

My BT Grimlock just came in two days ago......he is ONE TOUGH mo-fo to transform. Maybe even harder than ol' Smokescreen.  :blink:

Aye, Grimlock is a bit hard to transform, and he came rather stiff for me. I particularly dislike his "spine".. I think it's a weak design and should have been better executed. As it is, I don't dare to transform him too much.

Other than that, Grimlock's arms are cute but I feel it may get into the way in Car mode.. as it is, the front wheels would lock up if you turn them at max; and occassionally the fat forearms will push the front wheel off the surface.

Overall, Grimlock's very nice as a display car and as a display bot, but as a transformable toy, he's just one step above part-swaps.. I'm really worried the main spine may snap after some transformations.

Wow. GC Prime even has the Matrix included.

Looks pretty cool actually. Redemption after the hideous Energon prime.