Official Transformers Alternators and more thread.

Im dissapointed. It looks like all they did was paint it add a wing and change rims.

It needs a body kit.

Yes, to the first no.. but no no no no no body kit, please.

I mean, if they're trying to make it look like the Saleen concept, okay. Otherwise, please, no. Most body kits end up makin' a car look silly, anyway.

...and yea, the wing REALLY bothers me. I'd be happy with the car as-is, minus that offending piece of plastic. Bleh, I'm a Wheeljack fan, so I'll still get it. The spoiler will go, though.

Shockwave(blast?) is nice, though... one of the few well-executed body kits I've seen. I hope the color stays that same hue with the Alternators release. They've been good about keeping the metallic finish intact so far.

Im dissapointed. It looks like all they did was paint it add a wing and change rims.

It needs a body kit.

Yes, to the first no.. but no no no no no body kit, please.

I mean, if they're trying to make it look like the Saleen concept, okay. Otherwise, please, no. Most body kits end up makin' a car look silly, anyway.

...and yea, the wing REALLY bothers me. I'd be happy with the car as-is, minus that offending piece of plastic. Bleh, I'm a Wheeljack fan, so I'll still get it. The spoiler will go, though.

Shockwave(blast?) is nice, though... one of the few well-executed body kits I've seen. I hope the color stays that same hue with the Alternators release. They've been good about keeping the metallic finish intact so far.

Why not a body kit? Sure Saleen. Something recognizable and satisfying for Ford. Just like Deadend and Shockwave. Those are approved body kits by the respective automakers. I jsut dont like a re color and a stupid wing Oh and minus the headlights.

Why not a body kit? Sure Saleen. Something recognizable and satisfying for Ford. Just like Deadend and Shockwave. Those are approved body kits by the respective automakers. I jsut dont like a re color and a stupid wing Oh and minus the headlights.

Yea, most of the automaker approved kits are normally OKAY...

...most of the aftermarkets though.. yyyyech

...never did notice the headlights... Wow. I might just pass on this.

I didn't know where to put this, seems like the logical place.

If anybody is interested, a store around where I live is selling the extra long smokestacks for the Hasbro 20th Anniversary Prime. They look just like the MP version and they come chromed. Really sweet. Picked them up for $13 CDN.

They have a website if you want to check them out, www.agesthreeandup.com

Rohby's casts for the launchers are looking real nice.

I was wondering if anybody would be interested in Alternator missle launchers that actually FIRED? Yes...springy missle hurtling goodness. I just want to put the word out there to see if it's worth while doing. It will be of the same quality as the real thing.

Leave a post or send me a PM if you think it's a good idea or something you'd be interested in. Thanks for the time.

I was wondering if anybody would be interested in Alternator missle launchers that actually FIRED? Yes...springy missle hurtling goodness. I just want to put the word out there to see if it's worth while doing. It will be of the same quality as the real thing.

Leave a post or send me a PM if you think it's a good idea or something you'd be interested in. Thanks for the time.

That would depend on price of the final product.

I didn't know where to put this, seems like the logical place.

If anybody is interested, a store around where I live is selling the extra long smokestacks for the Hasbro 20th Anniversary Prime. They look just like the MP version and they come chromed. Really sweet. Picked them up for $13 CDN.

Rohby's casts for the launchers are looking real nice.

Hey i got those too. My gf just came back from Vancouver during Thanksgiving break and swung by and got those for me. among other toys

areaseven, I just can't even believe how nice that looks. I had hoped that Takara would choose to use the Z06 anniversary scheme for Tracks, and now you've shown me that it's possible. Aside from getting the labels from a model kit, what other customizations have you made? I'd really like to know, as I'd love to try to accomplish the same thing once I get a blue Tracks.

areaseven, I just can't even believe how nice that looks. I had hoped that Takara would choose to use the Z06 anniversary scheme for Tracks, and now you've shown me that it's possible. Aside from getting the labels from a model kit, what other customizations have you made? I'd really like to know, as I'd love to try to accomplish the same thing once I get a blue Tracks.

Here are the materials I used:

- Testors Model Master Custom Lacquer System Royal Blue Pearl 1997

- Testors Model Master Custom Lacquer System Ultra Gloss Clearcoat

- Testors Model Master Gunmetal 1795

- Testors Boyd Red 52709

- Revell 1/25 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition

- Tamiya Masking Tape

- X-ACTO Knife

- A4-size Cutting Board

- 1 can Rockstar Energy Drink

Here's what I did:

1. Windows, wheels, lights and non-blue parts covered in masking tape. Mirrors folded inwards. Front license plate cover also masked, as the decal sheet of the donor kit does not have a Corvette label for it. Engine masked to prevent overspray. Undercarriage masked to minimize overspray.

2. Car repainted in three coats of Royal Blue.

3. Decals applied on exterior: silver/red stripes, Z06 side labels. Corvette emblem on rear stripes had to be cut as the emblem on the car is part of the mold.

4. Car sprayed with two coats of Clearcoat.

5. Engine bay repainted Gunmetal.

6. Decals applied on engine bay: fuse box, warning labels, battery label.

7. Silver parts of engine/gun repainted Gunmetal. Engine cover repainted with a brighter Red.

8. Corvette label decals applied on engine cover.

9. Missiles repainted Gunmetal.

and the big picture

hey nick, are those the smokestacks from the guy I sent you to? and it came chrome like that or did you do that yourself?

Edited by BoBe-Patt

If anybody is interested, a store around where I live is selling the extra long smokestacks for the Hasbro 20th Anniversary Prime.  They look just like the MP version and they come chromed.  Really sweet.  Picked them up for $13 CDN.

No Pat these are the ones from Canada. They came chromed. :D Lisa got them for me. very nice huh?

here they are side by side

post-26-1101944046_thumb.jpg

Edited by Solscud007

does ANYONE know about the MINI G1 transformers coming out...????

i saw an artical a couple of months ago in toyfare or somthing...

***the artical said the mini megatron will actully fit 20th ann. Primes HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!***

but i haven't heard anything else about these mini G1(transforming)replicas;

anyone have any info on the release of these?? :blink:

does ANYONE know about the MINI G1 transformers coming out...????

i saw an artical a couple of months ago in toyfare or somthing...

***the artical said the mini megatron will actully fit 20th ann. Primes HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!***

but i haven't heard anything else about these mini G1(transforming)replicas;

anyone have any info on the release of these?? :blink:

I'm guess these are the WST ones that came out a while ago. I did hear that they were going to release those here in the states under hasbro. If that's the case then I'll be able to buy those damn chases for cheap. :p:D:lol:

yeah, they look pretty cool and all, I've been thinking about getting them for a while. The best point to get them I think is the fact that WST Megatron in gun mode fits in 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime's hand B)) .

<_< World Smallest Transformers??

I want to see the World Biggest Transformers!!!!

BWAHAHAHA! :lol:

That is my evil laugh by the way...

Check THIS out...there are some Bin/Alt knock-offs coming out, apparently from the same company who does the Galaxy Defender stuff, and they actually look pretty good for knock-offs. The Landcruiser is definately more exciting than the Supra, if only for the fact that it's not a car.

They are supposed to have lights and sound, and are, unfortunately, in 1:18 scale.

post-26-1101965555_thumb.jpg

Edited by eriku