Official Transformers Alternators and more thread.

That backpack is just way too much kibble for my tastes... <_<

Why on earth couldn't they have made Sunstreaker that yellow Ford GT...? Ah well, I can still dream.

I like it so far, though I'm dissapointed that Sunstreaker isn't a Lamborghini, as that's still my favourite looking car, possibly because Sunstreaker was my first, and favourite Transformer way back in the day.

Still, I look forward to this new one. I just hope the final toy is yellow and black, just like the original.

Man, the Alternators like just keeps looking better and better, and with my 20th Anni. Prime, they make my old Trasnformers collection look worse and worse. I may just try and sell all of my RiD, Armada (only two, and I regret both), and my G1 reissues off to fuel my Alternator's addiction.

I haven't been this excited about a toy line since the Bandai reissues and the 1/48ths. The American releases are also cheap enough for me to seriously consider getting them all.

Methinks Sunstreaker will be a little top heavy. Looks good though so far, I just hope he doesn't come out red. Make him Yellow.

Edited by Anubis

Methinks Sunstreaker will be a little top heavy. Looks good though so far, I just hope he doesn't come out red. Make him Yellow.

That might be a problem if they're gonna release a yellow Tracks. :blink:

post-26-1078821341_thumb.jpg

That might be a problem if they're gonna release a yellow Tracks.

Exactly. And it is looking more and more like Tracks will be yellow. Not to mention that Tracks and Sunstreaker should be out in the same wave. So if Tracks is indeed destined for a new shiny yellow coat, I wouldn't hold my breath for a yellow Sunstreaker. :(

I guess we can do our customs, and paint them on their original colors :lol:

I HATE the fact that Hasbro/Takara are not keeping the brand, and or the color on these new transformers. Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the new designs(viper, Subaru WRC,RX-8), but what's wrong with using a 300ZX, a Lamborgini, a Ferrari? Is it licensing? Which company on their right mind would not want to participate in a project like this? Shame on you(whoever runs them companies)!

I guess nothing can be perfect in this life... or planet... or universe... etc... B))

:lol: Vic! :lol:

Edited: Grammhar, Literature, and Quantum phisics.

Edited by vlenhoff

Strangely enough, it's the idea that they won't keep them their original colours that bothers me more than the brand of cars they use for them. Sure I'd like to see Sunstreaker as a Lamborgini, but it bothers me more that they might not keep him yellow and black like the original. I mean, with the brand, it always could be a licensing issue, whereas with the colour it's a plain and simple lack of respect for the sbuject matter. It would be like Yamato giving us Max and Millia VF-4s that were purple and orange instead of blue and red.

^ Totally agree. I just can't envision Tracks being yellow, or Sunstreaker being red. But... I'll still more than likely wind up buying them anyway. Maybe they'd grow on me, or I'd have them customized. Too early to tell yet.

Strangely enough, it's the idea that they won't keep them their original colours that bothers me more than the brand of cars they use for them. Sure I'd like to see Sunstreaker as a Lamborgini, but it bothers me more that they might not keep him yellow and black like the original. I mean, with the brand, it always could be a licensing issue, whereas with the colour it's a plain and simple lack of respect for the sbuject matter. It would be like Yamato giving us Max and Millia VF-4s that were purple and orange instead of blue and red.

Actually, in many cases, the color is directly tied to the licensing. Alot of manufacturers will not give Takara/Hasbro licensing rights unless the final product comes in a color that is actually available in real life. And since I don't recall ever seeing a stock yellow viper, that pretty much confirms he won't be yellow. It's the same issue for why Tracks is going to be yellow. There are no "off-the-lot" blue corvettes (well, there is a special edition corvette that's blue, but it's not mass-produced I don't believe)

Guess they're trying to play the "brother" angle with Sideswipe and Sunstreaker. Since he was originally yellow, it would be preferred, but if there are no yellow Vipers, so be it, let him be red.

I am more worried about Tracks' yellow. Any other color would have been better. Black, burgundy, white even. Just not yellow. I'll get one the other corvettes they make, just not tracks. I do like the vette's sculpt though.

Granted there aren't many colors to choose from, and I guess they didn't want to do 3 reds so close together, considering the Mazda may be red too.

Checked Chevy, here are the colors for the 2004 Corvette

-Black (decepticon?)

-Gray Metallic (this should have been Tracks if not the commemorative blue)

-Red Metallic II (dark red/burgundy-ish)

-Torch Red

-Yellow

-Silver Metallic

-White

Now the Z06 you're screwed on, it only offers Black, Torch Red, Yellow, and Metallic Silver. If this is what Tracks is based on, that immediately explains the Yellow, given the 2 red Vipers and Silverstreak's silver. :(

Who else could they use the corvette base sculpt for?

Wheeljack? Mirage? Cliffjumper?

Guess they can use the Jeep Wrangler sculpt (with a hard top this time) for Brawn as well.

Edited by Anubis

And since I don't recall ever seeing a stock yellow viper, that pretty much confirms he won't be yellow. It's the same issue for why Tracks is going to be yellow. There are no "off-the-lot" blue corvettes (well, there is a special edition corvette that's blue, but it's not mass-produced I don't believe)

Yellow Viper, not special ordered,,but not popular

http://www.pbase.com/image/651107

Blue Vette,,,,very popular, and not special ordered (std color) only new Z06 will be optional competition painted blue with silver stripes

post-26-1078858899.jpg

^ Ugh, so pretty. I'd just love it if Tracks actually turned out that way. It'd turn a sortof "eh" Alternator into a "must buy as soon as released" Alternator. C'mon Takara, work your magic again. Please?

The commemorative edition blue corvette is a work of art. Thank goodness on the TBD color. Maybe comeone was listening to fan reaction for once :)

Please let it be the commemorative edition. We'll see.

At least there's no major issue with the sculpt. We all seem to like it pretty much. Shoulder missles aside.

Edited by Anubis

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the new designs(viper, Subaru WRC,RX-8), but what's wrong with using a 300ZX, a Lamborgini, a Ferrari?

The 20+ year old 300ZX, Lambo, and Ferrai body styles arn't in production anymore (and both the Lambo Countach and Ferrari 308/328 body designs date back to the early 1970's)

Takara and Hasbro prolly figured such "old" cars wouldn't appeal to collectors anymore, especialy considering that these are all new toys of the subjects in question...so they went after much more current car designs for this product line and are partially at the automakers mercy as far as colors go...

Personnaly I would love to see some of the classic muscle cars of the 1960's, classics of the fifties, and classic hot rods (34' coupe, T- Bucket Roadster, etc..) be given the transformers binaltech treatment...

A 1957 Chevy Bel-Air would be BAD ASS!!!

I think the reason why they won't do "classic" cars is because it'd clash with the BinalTech/Alternators storyline. My understanding of it is that the Decepticons infect all of the Autobots with some kind of "cosmic rust" which they cannot repair. Therefore, they turn to human engineers to help them redesign entirely new (and more modern) vehicle bodies. This sorta also backhandedly explains why there aren't any Decepticons as of yet...

I'm still holding out the hope that the Decepticons won't just be repainted Autobot cars. UGH. I may be in denial, but I just find it so hard to believe that for a line with this much work put into it, Takara/Hasbro would resort to doing repaints for an entirely seperate Decepticon faction. That SUCKS OUT LOUD.

its pretty sad just how much better that yellow viper hardtop looks than the red convertable they used for Sideswipe. sideswipe looks more like a miata than a viper, oh well, a crappy toy for a crappy toy. i just picked up the alternator sideswipe a couple days ago and i'm extremely dissapointed, though i'm glad i didn't get the binaltech version.

And then there are weirdos like me who like Sideswipe better than Smokescreen. B))

Me too actually.

its pretty sad just how much better that yellow viper hardtop looks than the red convertable they used for Sideswipe. sideswipe looks more like a miata than a viper, oh well, a crappy toy for a crappy toy. i just picked up the alternator sideswipe a couple days ago and i'm extremely dissapointed, though i'm glad i didn't get the binaltech version.

Keep in mind that Sideswipe is one of the new uglified Vipers. The real ones don't look as nice as the olders one (like that hardtop) did.

The real problem with Sunstreak's color is that there is no production hardtop for hte new Vipers. He'll most likely be made to look like the real Competition coupe, and I think that Chrysler has only made them in red so far. Not sure if they've even built more than just the one, yet.

That blue comemerative scheme would be perfect for Tracks. Those stripes starting on the hood make a nice nod the flame graphic the original had, while not being nearly as garish.

Out of curiosity, would prowl be brought back as a US color pattern Police car

or the old japanese police car pattern?(white upper with black undersides much

like the patlabor av98 color sceme)

Does anyone have the old MP-1 takara and can compare it with the new hasbro one, what is the difference

and verdict on the rpo's and cons of each?

So far not sure what to make of the new alternators and binaltech machines.

Hound looks sorta similar to his old self just that as a jeep he is a wrangler

(although beachcomber would look great as a wrangler.)

Bumble bee SHOULD be a yellow volkswagen either the old volks or the new one

The prototype tracks as someone pointed out witha few modifications

does look like "sunstreaker"

The alternators would not not be complete without a few DECEPTICONS!!

Please, for all those who love transformers DECEPTICONS Jets

or even a limited edition stunticons if all they gonna do are cars trucks or vans!!

Thanx again whoever private e-mailed me for this message.:)

Edited by Rick_Randy

Damn, tracks is still yellow.

On the other hand, Dead End looks SWEET. The black and red look great. I'm not even a big fan of racing stripes generally. I wonder if they do make a sunstreaker, would he have the same head mold w/ repaint? No need to worry about it now though.

post-26-1079024255.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Tracks: love the sculpt, not a fan of the yellow. I'll wait for the next corvette alternator.

He got the shoulder missles!

post-26-1079024418_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Damn, tracks is still yellow.

On the other hand, Dead End looks SWEET.

Wow DeadEnd looks awesome!! I wish i could just exchange my lambor for the new deadend, i don't want both. I think it will kind of weird to have an autobot and a deception who look like brothers... If i decide to buy the entire line will i end up having duplicates of the autobots in dark colors?? I think that sux!!! This is my first complain about the binaltech/alternator line. Now i might have to wait till ALL of them are released to see which color variation i want to buy :(

~Tico

Well if the Decpticons are gonna be based off the Stunticons,

then this is what they were in G1:

Motormaster - A Truck like Optimus Prime

Dead End - Porsche

Breakdown - Lamborghini

Wildrider - Ferrari

Drag Strip - Formula 1

Going by counterparts, Breakdown was a Lamboghini like Sideswipe who is now a Viper. And Jazz was a Porsche who is now going to be an RX-8.

They should have made Breakdown the Viper and Dead End an RX-8

stunticons

Edited by chowyunskinny

I would guess Breakdown or Drag Strip for the decepticon corvette.

If the rest of them look as good as Dead End I don't think I'll mind the repaints much at all for the decepticons. I still want to see a Ram or something soon.

There you go: Dodge Ram or Chevy Silverado for Motormaster. I can hope.

Edited by Anubis

Do you guys remember the episode where the Autobots pretended to be the Stunticons?

Prime, Jazz, Sideswipe, Windcharger and Mirage disguised themselves.

What was funny was when Megatron wanted them to combine to form Menasor to prove who was real and who was fake, the Autobots did it using Windchargers magnetic abilties :lol:

They kept it up until the real Menasor punched them in the chest and they fell apart.

Edited by chowyunskinny