Jump to content

The best SDF-1 Transformable figure (Not model kit)


spacemanspiff
 Share

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, spacemanspiff said:

How did you get that in so well? I had to cut mine in sections.

 

Like I said, it was a bitch!

But basically, it took patience and finagling with a soft ruler and some other “tools” I made. I think a regular pencil with an eraser would work well but I didn’t have one so I used a thick rubber band wrapped over an Allen wrench to push the cutout into place. I started with the small part on the left side and pushed it all the way in. There is space behind the molded buildings that you can tuck the cutout behind. Hardest part is at the right side where you have to fold the paper and tuck it behind the buildings in the corner. Tucking in that side usually pulled the left side towards the right so that’s when I used the rubber band tool to push it back into place. Once you get it in the right place, it fits perfectly. Excellent design by @wm cheng Thank you so much! I still don’t know what the other images are for though...The ones between the ruler to print the correct size. Did you figure out where those go?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Like I said, it was a bitch!

But basically, it took patience and finagling with a soft ruler and some other “tools” I made. I think a regular pencil with an eraser would work well but I didn’t have one so I used a thick rubber band wrapped over an Allen wrench to push the cutout into place. I started with the small part on the left side and pushed it all the way in. There is space behind the molded buildings that you can tuck the cutout behind. Hardest part is at the right side where you have to fold the paper and tuck it behind the buildings in the corner. Tucking in that side usually pulled the left side towards the right so that’s when I used the rubber band tool to push it back into place. Once you get it in the right place, it fits perfectly. Excellent design by @wm cheng Thank you so much! I still don’t know what the other images are for though...The ones between the ruler to print the correct size. Did you figure out where those go?

Thanks for the tips.  I'm not sure where the other images go.  I thought they were options instead of the city, but I didn't look that close.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, sh9000 said:

That looks great @Slave IV.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, spacemanspiff said:

Thanks for the tips.  I'm not sure where the other images go.  I thought they were options instead of the city, but I didn't look that close.

No problem! As for the other images, I can’t tell what they are even supposed to be. Perhaps ceiling covers?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Slave IV said:

OK, much better now

151597821_MacrossCityrev.jpg.f82207e7cd2eaccfab241adba8b422d7.jpg

That looks nice, @Slave IV! :good:

I'll probably do the same. But I have to muted down the colors on the buildings first on that image so I don't need to paint the small buildings upfront. It will blend beautifully. :rolleyes:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

That looks nice, @Slave IV! :good:

I'll probably do the same. But I have to muted down the colors on the buildings first on that image so I don't need to paint the small buildings upfront. It will blend beautifully. :rolleyes:

 

Thanks! That's a great idea! I think I'm fine with mine as is but will see how yours turns out before I decide to deal with it again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...