My PRECIOUS...no more...snif

robokochan

MN, I got my valk today. Thank you! 1/48 Low viz baby! WOOHOO!!! You should feel VERY fortunate mr. nugget. At least nobody got hurt. Imagine the damage that the valk could have inflicted on someone had someone been standing down there. 10 story drop...someone could have been seriously hurt or killed.

A tip for all those with littl'ns and a macross collection.

If a kid sees something up high that they can't reach, they are quite capable to grabbing hold of whatever it is perched on (eg. book case) and shaking it until the toy comes down.

I suspect this is maybe what happened in your case Monkey

My 2 year old niece recently go hold of one of my Valks.

Luckily it was a Bandai and survived being thrown down the stairs.

My 1/48s, I had put away for the duration of her visit.

Out of sight out of mind. :ph34r:

Haha...maybe the son did do that, and then threw the valk out the balcony to get rid of the evidence.

Sorry to hear about your loss. What I would do is box what is left up, gift wrap it, and give it to the kid, on his next B-day! He'll always remember what he did, and when he's grown up enough and asking for a car, just point to the busted valkyrie and shake your head. Call this a guilt coupon.

brilliant I say, brilliant! :lol:

Nice one f360:D I'd rather play "manually" that switch it on.

(I meant when I used to play with the the toynami valks..)

Missing any parts rob? perhaps if your modelling skills are up to it you can sorta "rebuild" it with a damaged vf 1/60

(as someone mentioned earlier) perhaps a good idea to make a vf custom maybe with legs attached to the valk when you transform it.;)

Is your kid interested in Valks? It seems it if his curiousty was aroused by seeing it in a high place?

Maybe get him his own valk.

Rick - I did get him his own Valk...a VF-19 Bootleg...it is also destroyed. My son is a Valk-Killer! Or really likes to play real-world style. Thinking back I did give all of my toys battle damage. Seemed more fun.

Zentrandude - Yeah they were pretty clean except for a few scuffs and stains which I cleaned alittle when I was assessing the damage. The pic really doesn't show everything well and the flash brighted all of the dirty parts. I must say that after falling 10 stories, it is suprizingly in good shape. Mostly hinges and moving parts were damaged. The legs are completely intact. The Armor did come off but remained undamaged. I have been looking at it and I must say I am now impressed with the durability of this toy. Maybe Yamato is making improvements and sturdier designs.

Maybe my son should go work for Yamato as a toy tester. He could even get his own sticker or label: "Approved by "D" - 10 story drop certified"

(BTW "D" is for Daisuke - my loving child's name :) )

Rob MN

Just a thought.... and ultimatly it might not be feasable... go to your local hobby shop (one of the Uber master shops, if you have one near where you live). I bet you could probably hook up with a master model builder who could repair/refinish the Valk. the General repair and patching would be the easy part for an accomplished modeler.. refinishing would be the tricky part... scuffs would litterally have to be sanded out and puttied (kind of like Bondo for a model) then painted. Some model builders are so thrilled by challange and attention to detail. I bet if you bought the supplies they would most likely do it for free or for little cost. Some just want to take pictures for postarity/display... "look what I did"

I would say that once it was refinished it would become a shelf only item (as the paint my chip or scuff)... but I think the shelf is where you meant it to be to begin with ;)

just a thought....

Hey Rob,

Sorry to hear.

ya ever see those airhogs, thier a styrofoam plane that has a rechargable battery in it, they fly forever and thier pretty cheap. I got one for my little brother and ya cant get him away from that thing. he's 6 BTW

Buy a yammie ve from kev at valk exchange. Once you get it swap it with your fallen angel and send it back to him saying "it was damaged in shipping" :rolleyes: . Just don't tell kev I said that :lol:

then again the parts could be used to make a hi-comical ve-1 hcm in the right hands ;)

Maybe my son should go work for Yamato as a toy tester. He could even get his own sticker or label: "Approved by "D" - 10 story drop certified"

(BTW "D" is for Daisuke - my loving child's name :) )

Your son shall from henceforth be known as "Valkyrie Hunter D"! ;):lol:

Buy a yammie ve from kev at valk exchange. Once you get it swap it with your fallen angel and send it back to him saying "it was damaged in shipping" :rolleyes: . Just don't tell kev I said that :lol:

Not cool Kanata :p

man that thing really busted into a LOT of parts... This fell into grass you said? Imagine if it hit the concrete. Ok... strike that, don't imagine it hitting the concrete..... sorry for the visual. :unsure:

Sorry about the loss MN... So did you beat the kid senseless? :lol: j/k