Custom 1/55 Low Vis

sbarrett4

Cool. How long did the project take? If I can get a digital camera, I'll post pics, in the customization forum, of the Jetfire I did.

about three weeks of on and off work. I have no idea of the actual hours spent on it as I would bounce back and forth with other projects while that was drying, setting, etc.

Nice, but why did you chop off the front of the gunpod?

Graham

Thanks for all the compliments guys. As for the gunpod, I didn't chop it, it was broken off. I have a tip to replace it with, just need to make a mold of it first, for any future gunpods in similar condition.

Edited by sbarrett4

Cool.  How long did the project take?  If I can get a digital camera, I'll post pics, in the customization forum, of the Jetfire I did.

about three weeks of on and off work. I have no idea of the actual hours spent on it as I would bounce back and forth with other projects while that was drying, setting, etc.

Is the VF-1A head a custom job? My Bandia 1A doesn't have the border around the "eye."

Very NICE!

I only find the tail fins paint is a bit too shiny.

Will you pannel line the Low Vis?

Thanks! The whole valk is coated w/ Krylon Satin finish, I think the shine comes from the camera flash. The blue is actually darker then what showed up, its closer to the blue of the decals. And no, I don't plan to panel line at this time.

where did you get the border for the head.. or how did you make it..

it is Evergreen Models styrene plastic. I know its used for model railroading and probably for other stuff as well. It somes in sheets. I used a 1.0 mm sheet. It can be cut with sharp scissors or an exacto knife. Costs about $3-4 per sheet.

fantastic work shan!!!!!! man,i hope all those parts i sold you had a hand in so nice a custom.if they did,then it makes me happy they went to such nice custom.that's phatty-bo-batty dude B))

Edited by valkyrietestpilot