Are we gonna see anything 1/48 bad guys at all?

Godzilla

... Dunno if it has been asked... My 1/48 yammies look awfully lonely. Now I know that the battlepods and q rau will be huge if they do make it. It is that I dunno what else 1/48 stuff that Yamato will make. 1/60 is great and all but nothing beats the 1/48 in detail wise. Of course if the Monster comes out in 1/48, I will need park my car outside the garage and get a loan. :o Then again, I will not complain about the VF-4 1/48 yammie. :D I will gladly pay for it... :)

... Dunno if it has been asked... My 1/48 yammies look awfully lonely. Now I know that the battlepods and q rau will be huge if they do make it. It is that I dunno what else 1/48 stuff that Yamato will make. 1/60 is great and all but nothing beats the 1/48 in detail wise. Of course if the Monster comes out in 1/48, I will need park my car outside the garage and get a loan. :o Then again, I will not complain about the VF-4 1/48 yammie. :D I will gladly pay for it... :)

haven´t we disscused this already :huh: ?

And when you say ¨nothing beats the 1/48 detail-wise¨you fail to comprehend that the scale itself is relative to the original size of the object , indeed , if you compare the two VF-1 lines you can see the radical difference in quality and detail yet when you compare the Q-rau which stands TALLER than a 1/48 VF-1 your assumption has no real relevance since the Q-rau in fact should be as detailed or even more detailed than a 1/48 VF-1 even though the Q-rau is in a different scale , why? cause at the end the Q-rau is still taller than the 1/48 VF-1 hence it allows for more detail regardless of any scale.

Regarding the context of your post , I don´t think Yamato will make enemy mechas in 1/48 , I pressume Yamato has put a lot of investement in the new toys such as the Q-rau for them to foolishly release another one which by all mean will be too big as a collection toy to be worth producing. Though , it all depends on the consumer market which is targeted , in this case if they ever plan on releasing such incredibly HUGE toys it would have to be very limited edition releases such as the 1/60 Monster or 1/1 DYRL Helmet.

Given their size, I don't really mind 1/60 enemy mecha. I wouldn't even mind 1/72 honestly.

The only think I can imagine in the realm of 1/48 enemies that would be feasible is soldiers in body armor. Beyond that, I'd be surprised...but then again, I still can't believe they're planning on actually releasing a 1/60 Monster.

... Dunno if it has been asked... My 1/48 yammies look awfully lonely.  Now I know that the battlepods and q rau will be huge if they do make it.  It is that I dunno what else 1/48 stuff that Yamato will make.  1/60 is great and all but nothing beats the 1/48 in detail wise.  Of course if the Monster comes out in 1/48, I will need park my car outside the garage and get a loan.  :o Then again, I will not complain about the VF-4 1/48 yammie. :D  I will gladly pay for it... :)

haven´t we disscused this already :huh: ?

And when you say ¨nothing beats the 1/48 detail-wise¨you fail to comprehend that the scale itself is relative to the original size of the object , indeed , if you compare the two VF-1 lines you can see the radical difference in quality and detail yet when you compare the Q-rau which stands TALLER than a 1/48 VF-1 your assumption has no real relevance since the Q-rau in fact should be as detailed or even more detailed than a 1/48 VF-1 even though the Q-rau is in a different scale , why? cause at the end the Q-rau is still taller than the 1/48 VF-1 hence it allows for more detail regardless of any scale.

Regarding the context of your post , I don´t think Yamato will make enemy mechas in 1/48 , I pressume Yamato has put a lot of investement in the new toys such as the Q-rau for them to foolishly release another one which by all mean will be too big as a collection toy to be worth producing. Though , it all depends on the consumer market which is targeted , in this case if they ever plan on releasing such incredibly HUGE toys it would have to be very limited edition releases such as the 1/60 Monster or 1/1 DYRL Helmet.

I know that the 1/60 Q-Rau is bigger than the VF-1 1/48 but it just seems wierd. Maybe I will get it. I dunno. What really gets me mad is that they make something better later i.e. VF-1. I got the 1/60 scale I was so happy to get my 1st real valk only to see that they made a1/48 nearly a year later. My stand point is why waste money on the 1/60. Sure pay $20-30 more and get a bigger yammie with really nice detail. And now I can buy 1/60 yammie for half its retail price... grrrrr :angry:

Now as for the detail: Yes I am sure the detail will be great. Frankly I am not a big DRYL fan. I like the TV series because I grew up on the Rowbowtek. Only did I see the light when I saw the actual macross series. The storyline is much better though I have not finished watching it on DVD. Now I dont care for the colors of the Q-Rau in DRYL but I see why Yamato is gonna milk this for all its worth. It would be stupid not to from the marketing standpoint. Anyways, I am stickler for scale sizes. Makes great dioramas but I will have to see. I know the pilots aint gonna fit well against the 1/48 Valks. Or I assume so.

I hate scale. Scale is best for model building. And, as any model builder can tell you, there is no "magic scale". The toy/model generally comes in whatever scale best represents and allows for the mechanics of the toy/model.

I say make everything around 12" tall and I'm happy. I simply could care less. These are display pieces that I enjoy one at a time. I won't be building any dioramas with trees, etc on my shelves.

Edited by Blaine23

actually scale is everything to me

it's the reason I want the 1/60 Monster and Q-rau

since it's not a cop-out because of it's size

the difference in vehicle size bugged me ever since transformers

(yes I know his was needed to create the difference in robot size, but still...)

It's also the size I believe they shouldn't release enemy mecha in 1/48

since they would be to large to display or play with

and releasing them in a size smaller would be the aforementioned cop-out

and I'm no model-fan

Edited by Nightbat®

I like scale, because I want to put my Macross toys next to each other and see how big they "really" are in comparison. And maybe imagine them blowing the heck out of each other.

That's one reason why I'm happy I got a 1/60 Hikaru 1J. It's already close to scale with my Matchbox 7" destroids and Glaug, and I plan on getting at least one version each of whatever 1/60 scale enemy mecha Yamato releases. (Also any destroids in 1/60 besides the Monster.) I have one 1/48, and that's enough--I love it, but I'm not willing to commit the room or financial resources for any more of them.

Basically, Aegis is right--the 1/60 Q-Rau is going to have plenty of room for detail, as will the 1/60 monster. (Although, if you carry the argument to extremes, scale would affect detail. But that would only apply to, say, a 1/700 U.S.S. Iowa vs. a 1/48 Valkyrie. Both would be around the same size, but the Valk could arguably have better detail. Even that's a bit subjective, though.)

Total agreement here. I like my scales in 1/48, but when it comes to enemy mecha, that's just too much (I make special exceptions for the SV-51 however :D).

I'd like to see a Q-rau/1:48 VF-1 side by side to see how they match up, though. They may be different scales but I have a feeling that that combo may be more anime accurate.

When you talk anemies, I don't think it should be MECHA. it could be armored aliens, with space suits, with helmet and all. it would be something great, already. With a big yellow V on the chest. Also, a big Millia figurine. It would'nt cost a lot fo design due to low articulation and non transformation joints. I think.

No way. As everyone has pretty much said, 1/60 are gonna be huge. 1/48 would be both too big and too expensive.

Hell 1/72, enemy mecha would have probably been ok. ;)

Makes you wonder if Big West commited a major marketing flaw. Their bad guy toys are too big to make if you have good sized good guy toys. :rolleyes: "Next Macross: everybody is the same size."

Edited by Draykov

The chance of seeing any Zentran/Meltran mecha in 1/48 scale is zero.

Graham

That's about as expected....

Can we expect any Regult or Glaug in 1/60? That's what I'm really hoping for, much more than the Q-Rau....

ermm, gundam is a WIDELY popular show with todays market, and the nostalgia market.

macross operates on pure nostalgia

so there is no comparison

there is a gundam museum for chrissakes

Isn't that the Bandai museum? I'm not sure if we're even talking about the same thing but either way, it's full of Gundams...

I just want a yamato battlepod... I could care less about the size... 1/72, 1/60, 1/48.... It really doesnt matter. These have been so insanely overlooked by toy companies in the past... a well articulated battlepod would be very sweet to have. (complete with interchangable missile armaments)

If Bandai can make 1 meter tall Gundam and Zaku and still make a profit out of it,

what stops Yamato make a 1/48 Q-Rau if there is a market?

It will be really sweet if the long waited yamato SDF-1 is

as big as a Jumbo grade gundam or even better as big as a HY2M gundam.

You ignore a vast number of factors that play in this situation :

1.- You said it yourself ; Bandai was able to do 1 meter tall Gundam toys , Bandai is THE most resorceful and influential toy/anime company in Japan , why are they able to make such HUGE toys ? Cause they´re big and have a lot of fans to rely upon to have a big chance of selling those toys.

Yamato , although not many realise this , is not as big and powerful as Bandai , they have limited resources from the handful of sales they make on Macross toys , even if they sold ALL macross toys to each and every Macross fan today they wouldn´t even come closer to what Gundam has sold over the years hence they they cannot waste their limited resources in such things as 1 meter tall valkyries cause they wouldn´t sell as much as cheaper smaller mass production toys such as 1/60 or even 1/48.

2.- Is there really a market for 1/48 enemy mechs ? How many fans out there would be able to afford them ? even if everyone in this site was able to buy such toys that wouldn´t be a market at all , it would be just to small to guarantee a relevant profit. Take the 1/1 helmet as an example , why do you think is so damn expensive ? cause they won´t sale tha many of them and they still have to make a profit from those sales , even if the helmet probably cost them $200 they have to get enough money to justify its production and the very little sales. same applies to 1/48 enemy mechs or 1/48 M+ toys.

Macross as it is is not a big market , in fact is a very small one , so from that very small market you have to guess what percentage of people are really able to afford really expensive and HUGE toys.Every fanbase has a variety of consumers , from those that can only afford a few toys a year to those that can afford multiple ones a month. The bigger the market the bigger the chances of having a higher percentage of wealthy fans. Gundam is big hence it has more ( numbers of) wealthy fans.

"Next Macross: everybody is the same size."

Heheh

Yeah, Kawamori already designed the VF-0 so it could be realised as a toy without compromises

(on one hand I applaud it, on the other it's misses innovation and experimentation -welcome back chunky Monkey!)

it would be even more lame if they were to make another Macross series

with enemies

designed not for the storyline but for commercial purposses

"Next Macross: everybody is the same size."

Heheh

Yeah, Kawamori already designed the VF-0 so it could be realised as a toy without compromises

(on one hand I applaud it, on the other it's misses innovation and experimentation -welcome back chunky Monkey!)

it would be even more lame if they were to make another Macross series

with enemies

designed not for the storyline but for commercial purposses

It would be really sad if they resorted to that.

Hopefully not.

i for one am all about scale.

i have my 1/55s and my 1/100s on the same shelf and it buggs me. i don't know why. its not a very rational thing to be bugged about.

for that reason, i'd probably much preferrer the enemys to be the same scale as the valks, BUT i know thats totally not feesible.

if they were available i'd probably just get all the enemys and destroids in banpresto scale so that they could all stand togeather and look cool, and have my 1/48 valk off to the side somewhere in all its solitary glory.

ermm, gundam is a WIDELY popular show with todays market,  and the nostalgia market.

macross operates on pure nostalgia

so there is no comparison

there is a gundam museum for chrissakes

Isn't that the Bandai museum? I'm not sure if we're even talking about the same thing but either way, it's full of Gundams...

"Welcome to the Bandai Museum!!! Here is our Gundam Stuff!!! and over there, in the corner, way back, beyond the restrooms, thats our other crap"

So are we to assume that the 1/48 scales will just stick with the vf-1 series and that will be that? Since speculation puts that their will be no enemy mecha at all for that scale? 

BTW, I like you avatar KingNor. :D

Looks like 1/60 will be the "one" scale. Which I'm happy bout. :)

1/72 could be another alternative. Don't remember what the speculation said about the Zero toys, but hopefully 1/60. 1/72 wouldn't break my heart, either. But looks like 1/60 for VF-1. Next enemy (Q-rau) at 1/60. And hopefully 1/60 M+ (and VF-X2) to follow.

EDIT: Oh yeah, whatever did happen to all those pics from the avatar? ;) There was the one that someone was using as a Max avatar and there was the Milia one where the custom title was something like "natural green" or something along those lines. :lol: Are the old pages ever going back up (or have they done so and I missed it?)? Or has someone saved those on their comp? PM me, if so.

Edited by Uxi

1/72 could be another alternative. Don't remember what the speculation said about the Zero toys, but hopefully 1/60. 1/72 wouldn't break my heart, either. But looks like 1/60 for VF-1. Next enemy (Q-rau) at 1/60. And hopefully 1/60 M+ (and VF-X2) to follow.

If Yamato continues to work on the 1/72 scale, I could be happy about it but ONLY if they revise their molds and sculpts to include or better yet, be on par with Hasegawa's details.

After you come the 1/72 YF-19/21 and VF-11B to any of the Hasegawa models, you realize Yamato can improve significantly, as shown in their continued improvements as they ramped up in scale from 1/72 M+, to 1/60 DYRL to 1/48 DRYL.

I'm at a stand still for completing my Macross mecha line as I await to see what direction Yamato will take.

Then again, If Yamato won't do 1/48 Villians, perhaps someone on this board or one of the garage guys can work on it...

So are we to assume that the 1/48 scales will just stick with the vf-1 series and that will be that? Since speculation puts that their will be no enemy mecha at all for that scale? 

BTW, I like you avatar KingNor. :D

EDIT: Oh yeah, whatever did happen to all those pics from the avatar? ;) There was the one that someone was using as a Max avatar and there was the Milia one where the custom title was something like "natural green" or something along those lines. :lol: Are the old pages ever going back up (or have they done so and I missed it?)? Or has someone saved those on their comp? PM me, if so.

Well, I can live with the 1/60 scales I guess. Just that when I compared the 1/60 valks vs the 1/48, the detail was much better for the latter. Then again, if the put out a 1/60 vf-4, I shouldnt complain because I really want it. :D

I don't think you're getting the point people are trying to make across repeatedly on these boards. Detail is not relative to scale. It's relative to the physical size of the toy.

Ok, I am not making it clear here. I know what you are saying about the detail relative to scale. There isnt any relation. But I was just comparing the 1/60 to 1/48 valks ONLY. Look at the landing gears of the Valks on each scale. 1/60 does not have the catapult attachment unlike the 1/48. The back two landing gear door configuration of the 1/48 is correct than the 1/60. You have the kneecap on the 1/48 where the 1/60 does not. Also, the 1/48 gunpod actually fits in fighter mode where it doesn't lift the fighter off its front landing gear like the 1/60 does. It is those type of details I am talking about.

I am sure that the upcoming 1/60 Q-rau is well detailed. Yes I know any toy can have any detail. It depends on the manufacturer. The fact still remains: The 1/48 is better than the 1/60 since it has all the details in the Macross series.

Well I all your points are valid, personally I bought 1/60's thinking they were the best at the time before 1/48 emerged. I would have loved that scale and stayed with it Because:

1.Whether it be the handiness or scale it is feasible to make enemy mechs in that scale possibly in the future.

2. The dexterity and detail of the battroid was better than a takatoku//bandai (though not as robust.)

The only thing that I didn't like about the 1/60 was the way the legs had to be removed from the body when transforming.

IF ONLY THEIR LEGS where attached to their body much the same way as the 1/48.

For me the 1/48 scale's main selling point was the legs were attached to the body.

If it was nothing more than

a bigger more detailed,more posable 1/60 removable leg type, I would have passed up the entire line.

If ever Yamato decides to remake the 1/60 line, It would be wise to take lessons from the bigger 1/48 scale.

As with 1/48 enemies, graham did mention the possibility as Zero but then again I am not the only one that desires enemies in this scale.the 1/48 made up for my own qualms with the 1/60's legs. In one way though improbable 1/48 enemies would be deserving even just as models we have to paint.. I mean Mospeada had 1/48 transformable legios mech? why can't we even have 1/48 regults/glaugs,etc even as models?

I can dig everybody's personal preferences regarding scale... but I think overall the point is moot. 1/48 enemy mecha would just cost too damn much for Yamato to make a profit.

Still... you scale guys do realize that in the anime that these toys are based off of the scales are completely out of whack, too?

Let a toy be a toy, is my motto. Let's just stop the madness before people on here start begging for a 1/48 SDF-1. :lol: