Evangelion: Resurrection

So far, so good. There's some great amounts of thought going into this movie, if we can judge by this art.

The only thing I don't like is that they took away Unit 1's chin.

You noticed that, too?

I've said all I'm going to say on the names topic (still don't agree really with changing them, but that could be an endless debate) on to the next topic, I would love to see some actual CG renderings one day of these Eva's outside of the concept art. The mecha and city design look very impressive, they're doing that right so far. For that, I am thankful they are putting a lot of detail attention. The melted Unit 00 even has it's hand melted to the bone. Harsh. Nerv's command center looks awesome. Individual toes on the eva's armor? May take a little getting used to.

One thing I noticed is it looks like they haven't decided what to call the city yet, wether they're going to use Tokyo-3 or not. The city pics kust say New City and Old City for the partially submerged outskirts. Wonder if they will still have the geofront underneath, or just a huge base.

All in all I like most of the concept art unit 0 (blue version) looks cool but I really don't like the head of unit 1. To me it seems like there going for a "science of Eva look" what I mean is showing you how everything works type of feel to it (boy that really doesen't make sence :rolleyes: ) . Then again it might just be because it's concept art.

Terrible..

I hated Final Fantasy Spirits Within.

Street Fighter movie was terrible.

Evangelion with their concept art look too Westernized.

The drawing of the EVA02 head looks like like a Western comic rendition of the anime design. Horrible.. the teeth and the mouth looked like Spawn's face.

I hope GAINAX make a CGI movie so we can forget about this Westernized and butchered movie..

I want something like Final Fantasy Advent Children and screw all this non-fan centric movies such as Resident Evil movie.

You can see how piss I would be since I am a Eva fan.

I dont want to be a pessimist but think of all the money, It would take loads of money to build models and cities. They probably wont spen that much money on the EVA movie. People dont really like anime as much as they should so turning it into a movie would probably not happen,(I know there are execptions). I would love to see it as a movie but I wouldnt bet on it.

I dont want to be a pessimist but think of all the money, It would take loads of money to build models and cities. They probably wont spen that much money on the EVA movie. People dont really like anime as much as they should so turning it into a movie would probably not happen,(I know there are execptions). I would love to see it as a movie but I wouldnt bet on it.

So you don't think the film is going to happen because they won't be able to afford making it? I really doubt they're just going to jump in without any sort of budget work before hand and then suddenly say, "Well, I guess we just wont be able to afford this." Film makers get a certain budget to work with from production studios before they even begin. I'm sure the folks working on EVA have a good idea of what it's going to cost (at least a better idea than any of us have) and will do what they can to stay within their budget.

Someone could dress in an eva suit and play with wire suspended angels piniatas in a scale city, directed by the godzilla dude

edit:sp

that would actually be pretty cool... ;)

I second that. Oddly as it seems, it does sound cool . :blink:

Someone could dress in an eva suit and play with wire suspended angels piniatas in a scale city, directed by the godzilla dude

edit:sp

that would actually be pretty cool... ;)

I second that. Oddly as it seems, it does sound cool . :blink:

i don't know about you, but it seems more intresting then this live action vesion....

Finally sat throught the episodes on this disc, and I was impressed by how much they actually added. There's no question this is definately worth picking up if you haven't already and liked Eva. I especially liked in 22 they really got in Asuka's head more than they did before. They really did put more pieces of everything out there for you to see.

Only thing that seemed somewhat wierd to me was the new extent of the 16th Angel's effect on Unit 00, and it's "death" so to speak. Interesting though.

Recommended. I wonder how the next disc will come out. I know a little of what's in 24 and am sure there will be more than that. The last two episodes, however: I have no idea what they did with those. More psycho-babble: probably. A little clearer: hopefully, but doubtful.

Got to wait till march for that though.

Edited by Anubis

What are the rumors on who's filling those suit? Caucasians most likely or Aussies/New Zealanders...

I can see Tara Reid as Asuka and Alyson Hannigan as Rei. hell since I'm going with the American Pie cast they should get Jason Biggs as Sinji because that Sinji is the type that WOULD screw a pie.

:p

Edited by >EXO<

What are the rumors on who's filling those suit?  Caucasians most likely or Aussies/New Zealanders...

I can see Tara Reid as Asuka and Alyson Hannigan as Rei.  hell since I'm going with the American Pie cast they should get Jason Biggs as Sinji because that Sinji is the type that WOULD screw a pie.

:p

No way, Alyson would make a better Asuka (she alreay looks the part and it's called acting :) )

Kate Rose? What the hell happened to Asuka?

And is it just me or do the EVAs look even evil now?

Sorry if this is old news but I haven't been following this and know nothing since the first concept art originally came out ages ago.

Now that I've had some time to think of the pics, a few things stand out:

First off, I don't like the tongue, human-style teeth, or the "face" visible around the edges of the armour. Great attention to detail regarding the source material... but not something I really want to see on my mecha :)

Secondly, I still don't like what they did the Unit 1, the changes they made. They took away it's chin and radically shortened it's horn. Next thing you know, Unit 1 will be wearing a pink tutu along with its pilot...

Lastly, about those plugsuit thongs... they were in the original anime like that. As near as I can see, those plugsuits are pretty accurate to the original show.

I still have high hopes for this movie. I think it's one that will turn out well.

I kind of like the designs so far. It's what the evas are, they're not really mecha in the normal sense, but monsters/angel copies masquerading as mecha. They were not supposed to look friendly either.

I kind of like the designs so far. It's what the evas are, they're not really mecha in the normal sense, but monsters/angel copies masquerading as mecha. They were not supposed to look friendly either.

I know that. I'm just saying that if they do that right from the beginning, it'll give away the secrets of the Evas too early in the movie.

That was one thing I liked about the show, the question about what they were using to save their lives. I hope that's one secret that is saved in the movie.

I kind of like the designs so far.  It's what the evas are, they're not really mecha in the normal sense, but monsters/angel copies masquerading as mecha.  They were not supposed to look friendly either.

I know that. I'm just saying that if they do that right from the beginning, it'll give away the secrets of the Evas too early in the movie.

That was one thing I liked about the show, the question about what they were using to save their lives. I hope that's one secret that is saved in the movie.

Very good point as well. They are supposed to look like mecha at first glance. It's not until they start to bleed and/or go berserk that you learn how much more than that they are. In a sense the Eva's themselves are also the enemy.

For sake of movie purposes they may explain more explicitly that they are direct copies of what they are fighting right away. I think the two guys said in the interview they wanted to use the monsters masquerading as giant robots aspect. How that will take shape remains to be seen. In the show everyone still knew the Eva's were copies of Adam to begin with, but knew nothing about the armor doubling as restraints until Unit 1 ate Zereul's S2 organ.

The movie designs do give more of that away, but I still think the designer's heart is in the right place there at least.

One thing I though was wierd: the two guys in the interview were also talking about the casings from the pellet guns and such, and talking about a rain of giant shells crushing cars and stuff. I may be nuts, but I don't remember seeing shell casing from the Eva's guns. May depend on the type of gun, but I would have thought there were caseless rounds in the regular pellet gun. I don't remember seeing shells popping out the sides off hand.

A rain of giant ammo shells would be kind of cool to see, though how necessary I don't know.

Edited by Anubis

I kinda like the look of the evas now, except 01- too many lines and cracks. BTW, all of this can be mentioned in this discussion .

Gah, so this is where my thread went. My bad, I didn't know it was already brought up.

Lastly, about those plugsuit thongs... they were in the original anime like that. As near as I can see, those plugsuits are pretty accurate to the original show.

Yep, the concept art seems to be faithful to the anime except for the outlined waistline. It makes the girls look like they're wearing bikini bottoms over their suits. Regardless, I'm sure this movie will be a lot better than the last anime-to-live action conversion I saw, Fist of the North Star....(ugh).