YF-21...

Macross_Fanboy

No, not Gerwalk, perched, legs only, no arms and sorry, I've got no digicam. The thing is that I can't get the FPs on the belly and still keep it balanced. It looks better than full Gerwalk mode.

Edited by Macross_Fanboy

I have my VF-1J in "perched" mode on my stereo at the moment. Really neat mode.

Wish I had FAST packs...but man, it's already awesome enough. If I get anymore happy I might explode...

/me cuddles 1J

Anyway, yea, perched mode owns.

I have my VF-1J in "perched" mode on my stereo at the moment.

Well let me tell you about the VF-1A low visibility I had in perched mode on a shelf a while ago... Better make sure you don'T play heavy metal near a "perched" 1/48 if it is too high cause they don't like falling on their back. The hinges were not made to sustain heavy shocks from perched mode falls.

Forget about perched mode, has anyone gotten their YF-21 FP into STANDING WITHOUT ASSISTANCE mode?

I got it close, once. It stood for two weeks before my subwoofer, from across the room mind you, produced just the right frequency to shatter the delicate splendor that was my achievement. I swear to all that is holy, this is the first drunken alcoholic toy I've ever owned.

Forget about perched mode, has anyone gotten their YF-21 FP into STANDING WITHOUT ASSISTANCE mode?

I got it close, once.  It stood for two weeks before my subwoofer, from across the room mind you, produced just the right frequency to shatter the delicate splendor that was my achievement.  I swear to all that is holy, this is the first drunken alcoholic toy I've ever owned.

I took me 1hr and 40min to get my yf-21 in gerwalk mode standing without it supported.

Its tricky and you may want to throw it against the wall at times, but its satisfying once you get it

you can get tips in the 'yet another review' for the yf-21.

i might've broken something while doing it, so becareful.

Edited by rewooh

Dont do it Wicked...you'll be sorry...its still a nice little display piece despite it's problems  (IMO)

I looked at the pics on Valkyrie-Exchange.com, and I was still unsure. When I first saw Macross Plus, I said to a friend, "I wish somebody would make a toy of these planes." Today, I looked at/held the YF-21 w/fast packs (still in the box) closely and still didn't have the overwhelming urge to buy it.

Edited by Wicked Ace

sorry but those spindly legs just don't do it for me.

i like the vf-1 because changing to chicken mode substantialy changes the profile.

and makes it look more balanced (like it was designed properly)

this thing looks like the legs were an after thought.

i guess to me it's just not sexy enough. sorry. :(