Yamato resurrection

23 hours ago, ZOR prime said:

:huh:um OK it's really good,but I thought kodai and Yuki died battling the comet empire.

All of suden kodai is alive and has a daughter? Strange.

The tv version changes the ending so that not everyone dies. Kodai and Yuku appear after in the tv special "Yamato new yoyages" and the 2 more movies "be forever Yamato" and "final Yamato" Not to mention the third Yamato tv series. All which take place before Ressurection.

Edited by Sandman

And as for the kid, there was supposed to have been a sex scene between Yuki and Kodai at the end of Final Yamato.  I suppose it was a pay off for the series.

And bees and birds happen, and all of a sudden, whammmmo, full grown daughter.  Kodai gets a beard and go all hermit on everyone, Yuki gets to command an Andromeda class ship, but also has her clothes mysteriously warped off, and so on.

14 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Don't know if this really should have its own thread. I stopped watching it half-way through. 2199 made all previous Yamato anime lame IMHO, soooo good.

Agree 100%.  2199 made previous iterations including Resurrection suck balls.

6 hours ago, peter said:

The ships weren't anything to rave about either. And the scene where Yuki loses her clothes is both weird - and not long enough...:ph34r:

8 hours ago, peter said:

With the exception of Arrivederci Yamato, that one holds up quite well.  Final Yamato is pretty good too, though it has some screwball stuff in it and suffers from Japanese high drama with the death of Shima.  The one special ending from one of the video release (I think, there were 3+ different endings if I remember correctly) was well worth it.

Of course the older series look not so great, but it's understandable.  Not sure if 2199 would necessarily stand the test of time.  Be Forever was not bad, probably some of the better animation for that time. Final was pretty good too, although they shouldn't have dragged Okita back.  Dead should be dead.

On 5/30/2017 at 4:51 PM, Thom said:

The ships weren't anything to rave about either. And the scene where Yuki loses her clothes is both weird - and not long enough...:ph34r:

Yeah,so now Kodak goes on a quest to find her?:ph34r:

I'm certain 2199 will withstand the test of time.  The original story by itself is timeless, and the animation/character design is beautiful.  The ships, the planes, the GIRLS?  2199 is anime done right...

1 hour ago, kalvasflam said:

we'll just have to see if they decide to do a reproduction in another 40 years.  :p

Yep they have enough Yamato out already. Years ago I saw a giant model of it in a anime specialty shop,it was huge.

Edited by ZOR prime

13 hours ago, kalvasflam said:

Desslar can get any partner he wants... except Starsha... apparently.  But hey, if this is a simulation, anything can happen.

13 hours ago, kalvasflam said:

Desslar can get any partner he wants... except Starsha... apparently.  But hey, if this is a simulation, anything can happen.

:p

:pdoc drinking his sake