Question about Yamato V2 / Arcadia Vf-1J (Hikaru Ichijyo colors)

zzj

Hi people.

I registered in this forum to ask this specific question as I could not get a definite answer online after going through all the available information.

I am looking to get a 1/60 scale Vf-1J and am faced with 2 options: 1)Yamato V2 30th Anniversary release 2)Arcadia Vf-1J with GBP package.

Of course the Yamato without the GBP is considerably cheaper, however, I read that the earlier V2 release had durability issues. The one I am looking at is the 30th anniversary TV version, but the box seems to be otherwise identical to the earlier V2 release without the sticker, so I do not know if the durability issue is still present.

I would appreciate some help to clarify this cos the Yamato is still a pretty expensive toy despite being the cheaper option and I really don't want it falling apart in my hands...

The 30th anniversary version of VF-1J is a later release and should be okay, meaning it wont have Shoulder break problem which is prone to the earlier batches. It will also have a clear canopy vs the rainbow canopy of the first batch that sometimes flakes up.

Second question, they are identical except for the VF-1J with GBP released by arcadia have a Gray visor (the normal boxed 1J has all white head)

Edited by chyll2

Just now, chyll2 said:

The 30th anniversary version of VF-1J is a later release and should be okay, meaning it wont have Shoulder break problem which is prone to the earlier batches. It will also have a clear canopy vs the rainbow canopy of the first batch that sometimes flakes up.

Second question, they are identical it all aspect I guess, except that the second has the GBP armor.

Thank You so much for the reply, I'm not sure if I really want the GBP armor as it cannot be transformed together with the valk. Looks like its the Yammie for me!

9 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

Second question, they are identical except for the VF-1J with GBP released by arcadia have a Gray visor (the normal boxed 1J has all white head)

From my recollection, the white visor should be the anime accurate version. The gray visor seems to only appear with the GBP armor?

2 hours ago, chyll2 said:

Yes, the white visor is the most accurate version and the gray version appeared when it use the GBP armor.

BTW, we have a pinned post about Toy FAQ. You can post it there similar questions in the future.

Thanks for the tip.

28 minutes ago, treatment said:

:o

Wow!

Is that in US dollars?

Does that amount include the shipping-fee to where again?

How much was the Arcadia GBP-1J in contrast?

I bought it at $300 in my local currency, but that is equivalent to $200 (207.10 to be more precise); that was the best price I could find anywhere unfortunately... The Arcadia with GBP costs $275.40 USD, and it is a used copy where as the Yamato is brand new.

edit: no shipping involved, I bought it with a local marketplace app.

Edited by zzj

5 minutes ago, zzj said:

I bought it at $300 in my local currency, but that is equivalent to $200 (207.10 to be more precise); that was the best price I could find anywhere unfortunately... The Arcadia with GBP costs $275.40 USD, and it is a used copy where as the Yamato is brand new.

Ok.

I'm just amazed how much the Yammies are costing these days.  The Arcadia-versions are even more exhorbitant in the used/aftermarket, afaict.

As such, that Yammie-1J is a very good toy and stuff, so it should really be worthy for you.

Congrats and have fun with it!

1 hour ago, treatment said:

Ok.

I'm just amazed how much the Yammies are costing these days.  The Arcadia-versions are even more exhorbitant in the used/aftermarket, afaict.

As such, that Yammie-1J is a very good toy and stuff, so it should really be worthy for you.

Congrats and have fun with it!

I got into collecting macross toys only recently, and had to pay a hefty mark up for almost all the valks I have now. One way to ensure a heart attack is to search ebay/amazon for the prices of the v2 vf-1j or almost any other yamato/bandai release...

At least I managed to get 2 copies of the vf-31j for close to MSRP, and snagged a vf-0d for a small discount at USD$270...

1 hour ago, barurutor said:

Got it from carousell? Lucky. You can get better prices from mandarake/jungle/yja though even with shipping factored in.

Yep. Carousell, got a few pretty reasonable deals there. Also from eBay, rakuten, and places like NY, hlj, solaris etc...

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

anyone have this crappy hikaru 1j:D i need his flip lid box

I'd offer you mine but it's not mint and it's folded flat.