TFA:The Unicron Battles vs The TF: The Movie

Oihan

Tonight I finally got around to watching an episode of Transformers Armada: The Unicron Battles. In this episode you see Unicron as a planet and in his transformed state. And I got to thinking about The Transformers: The Movie...and I couldn't help but be disgusted by what I saw in TFA. Compared to TF:TM, TFA is crap. I mean, TFA is dumbed down and imo the animation is crap compared to TF:TM...it's almost insulting...almost. I dunno......just had to rant about it.....

Edit: Almost insulting? I take that back...it is insulting -_-

Edited by Oihan

What Armada needs is some 80's metal

YOU GOT THE TOUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally I am more upset that Hasbro took Diaclones to the US and turned them into Transformers. Then Takara saw this, sold out and did the same thing................

Edited by Myriad

well, the only thing that pissed me off about unicron in armada was that he was just a big mindless robot who just grunts. I was like what the hell?!?!? He's suppose to talk like in the original movie. I don't care if this is a new series or what, if your gonna bring a familiar face back from the past, make them similar as much as possible. Man..... :p:D:lol:

What Armada neds is some 80's metal

LOL, I love TF:TM as much as the next Transfan, but holy crow does the soundtrack suck. "YOU'VE GOT THE POWER!!" :lol:

I haven't seen any of the later Armada episodes with Unicron yet, but I'm not in any hurry. Besides, Old Cron is bound to make yet another comeback in Energon, wearing his freaky, trippy, black-light friendly Halloween paint job. <_<

Edited by eriku

LOL, I love TF:TM as much as the next Transfan, but holy crow does the soundtrack suck. "YOU'VE GOT THE POWER!!" :lol:

I haven't seen any of the later Armada episodes with Unicron yet, but I'm not in any hurry. Besides, Old Cron is bound to make yet another comeback in Energon, wearing his freaky, trippy, black-light friendly Halloween paint job. <_<

There's absolute heresy.. The Touch is a WONDERFUL and uplifting song. :p:D

How bout that Junkion song where FNAR everyone breaks out dancing to it :lol:

yeah....even the guy in Boogie Nights sings it..... :ph34r::lol:

How bout that Junkion song where FNAR everyone breaks out dancing to it :lol:

Dude, the whole lot of them.. I swear.... energon treat my ass... that stuff was hot..... all happy.. partying.. tripping... :o

Edit: Check out Grimlock's eyes when Wheelie kisses him.. all dilated.. hrmmm?

Edited by GreenGuy42

Dude, you gotta love cheap '80s glam-rock. The big hair, the wild neon colors. That was our generation. And Transformers: The Movie symbolizes it.

Something evil's watching over you

Comin' from the sky above

And there's nothing you can do

Prepare to strike

There'll be no place to run

When your caught within the grip

Of the evil Unicron

Transformers

More than meets the eye

Transformers

Robots in Disguise

Strong enough to break the bravest heart

So we have to pull together

We can't stay worlds apart

To stand divided we will surely fall

Until our darkest hour

When the light will save us all

Transformers

More than meets the eye

Transformers

Robots in Disguise

Transformers

Autobots wage their Battle

To destroy the evil forces

Of the Decepticons

It's judgement day and now we've made our stand

And now the powers of darkness

Have been driven from our land

The Battle's over but the war has just begun

And this way it will remain til the day when all are one

Transformers...

Let's not forget the hard rock of Instruments of Destruction as the shuttle was cleaned out. Who was NRG anyway? Never heard of them outside of there.

I don't like Marky. Hearing him mangle the Touch added to my dislike, while I laughed at how stupid he sounded. You know there was a music video for the touch, with TF footage in the background? I remember seeing it once as a kid, but never again.

My favorite part of the movie Starscream's coronation.

I haven't seen any of the Unicron battles in Armada. With work and school, I never get to watch it at 6. How far along are they in there? I gave up trying months ago because of how hokey it was, and then I found out unicron was going to be in it, but again haven't been able to try it.

Let's not forget the hard rock of Instruments of Destruction as the shuttle was cleaned out. Who was NRG anyway? Never heard of them outside of there.

I don't like Marky. Hearing him mangle the Touch added to my dislike, while I laughed at how stupid he sounded. You know there was a music video for the touch, with TF footage in the background? I remember seeing it once as a kid, but never again.

My favorite part of the movie Starscream's coronation.

I haven't seen any of the Unicron battles in Armada. With work and school, I never get to watch it at 6. How far along are they in there? I gave up trying months ago because of how hokey it was, and then I found out unicron was going to be in it, but again haven't been able to try it.

Believe me, you don't want to see any of the Unicron Battles...it's that bad. And I love the TF:TM soundtrack!

Nothing's Gonna Stand In Our Way by Spectre General is an AWESOME song from the TF:TM soundtrack. Better than any song from the Poison/Warrant era of Hairspray Rock. Dare is another great song too; I think you have to be an 80's kid to really "get" them.

And yes, I am still planning on building a 1/1 fully-working version of Hot Rod in car mode. IT WILL HAPPEN!

Unicron armada made me blow chunks. Alot of tf fans are all googly eyed over these cartoons and toys wich are 95% horrible.

Yeah, The Show Is Terrible there are No If, Ands or Buts about it. I Kept hearing that the last couple of eps were so Great :rolleyes: But it's been crap since day one. And as for the toys I did like the Mini-cons, Unicron, Nemesis Prime and Shockwave. But that's it. :ph34r:

Edited by NSJ23

Unicron armada made me blow chunks. Alot of tf fans are all googly eyed over these cartoons and toys wich are 95% horrible.

I caught today's ep on Cartoon Network....

...so depressing. Unicron seemed to... grunt a lot. And HOW could they have made Wheeljack a traitor? Bah!

I cannot express how much that sucks to hear. Guess I won't bother. If he doesn't talk like he did in TF:TM, then there is no point.

What is this about shockwave? What did they make him, another plane? Shockwave was my favorite G1, I really don't want to see him butchered too.

What is this about shockwave? What did they make him, another plane? Shockwave was my favorite G1, I really don't want to see him butchered too.

Armada Tidal Wave was named Shockwave in the Japanese version of the Show. He is made up of three Ships that turn into one robot.